LegacyGT.com

Bosal Cat-Back coming soon!

SUBE555

Yes, that's right folks, the Bosal Cat-Back is coming soon for the Legacy now. First I was really impressed by the unit Bosal made for SPT for the WRX and WRX STi, full 3" polished stainless with a nice looking can, not too loud but perfect boxer rumble, just the best value cat-back out there at $354+ tax from dealership when most other systems were in the $550-700 range.

This unit I saw on the SPT Legacy at the Detroit AutoShow, looks to be same high-quality construction, nice hidden mufflers with real nice quality tips. I can't wait to hear how this baby will sound and what it will cost. If it's priced as competitively as the unit for the WRX, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that $550-700 will be the range at which this will retail considering many other units are around $1,000 for the same gear.

http://homepage.mac.com/futureofx/.Pictures/LSTIHOST/NAIAS2005Bosal/Bosal1.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/futureofx/.Pictures/LSTIHOST/NAIAS2005Bosal/Bosal2.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/futureofx/.Pictures/LSTIHOST/NAIAS2005Bosal/SPTList.jpg

Also new parts are SPT Springs & SPT Spline-Drive lugs. :) Nice for those alloy wheels.

I'm liking the sound of this gear. :)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KGreb- I didn't have any pics taken of anything else, due in part the car was close, seen most other things in other pictures, and I really wanted to check out that cat-back, so that's all I really have pics of other than a pic of the car.

sgtpeper- It's not a package, just a demonstration car for Subaru's SPT division. To be honest, the only parts that really interest me on the car are the Bosal Cat-Back, SPT Springs by Eibach, Perrin Intercooler hose (Perrin IC if I get a larger turbo), and the SPT Spline-Drive lugs (if they can also be used with Rota's.) The rest I have little interest in because it doesn't fit my style, spec, or desire. Just being honest. Oh, the Potenza 050's are nice tires though. :)

shame about no pics of the gauge pod.....that's a subject that seems to be lacking so far in the world of aftermarket products for the new Legacy. I don't care for the single-gauge pod that AVO is bring out. since i've already mounted my XM radio receiver in the cubby i don't want to force-fit gauges in there like some guys have (don't get me wrong.) i really would like a nicely integrated gauge pod that could mount on the center dash like the WRX has. A-pillar 3-gauge pod might be acceptable but that just looks so boy-racer to me. thought about the two gauge console that Perrin markets but it looks like a google-eyed gold fish.

has anybody else seen any decent gauge pod options for the new Legacy GT ?

i'd also like to know how SPT got the Perrin sway bars for the LGT already!? i ordered mine weeks ago (and I know others ordered before me) and they are still saying that the first batch won't ship out until the end of January. Perrin must be kissin SPT's ass and gave them prototypes or a hand-made set. bastards!

I'm guessing they were a custom-made set of Sways.

It was indeed the car at SEMA, had some sticker on the car from SEMA still. Sorry bout the gauges, never even thought about looking, even if I could get in, I was more interested in what is under the car, though I will say those wheels on there I thought were UGLY! I was just mostly interested in a few pieces on the car like I said and saw what I needed to as aparent in the pix. Nobody wants to pay $1000+ for a cat-back and I think with that system we sure won't be. :)

Looks nice. The tips look about 3 inch, which is on par for what is already on the car. Not bad if someone doesn't care to but on fart cans. :) Will be looking forward to pricing and ETA. Plan on comparing this and maybe stromung/Greddy.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

How does a person earn these "suby bucks?" My dealer/salesman never mentioned it. Was it only during the original car purchase that you can earn these? How else can they be earned?

You earn them with purchases made on a Subaru credit card.

mmm def, if it's anything like the Bosal/SPT cat-back on my friend's WRX, it'll DEFINITELY be worth it. Additionally, you'll probably be saving some nice bling over the Borla and I think it looks much higher quality than any Borla I've seen. That's my personal opinion though.

• 2 months later...
I don't know if anyone knows more, bu I am checking with a source (friend) at a dealership out here on the west coast to see if he knows moe or can dig around a bit. I have a Bosal cat-back on my WRX and agree that it is a great unit. It was $365 shipped, which doesn't hurt!

Archived