LegacyGT.com

Quiet exhaust

obsidiangt

All the aftermarket exhaust systems out there will make alot more noise than stock. Some are louder than others. I have a greddy SP2 system on mine and I like it alot, nice deep rumble and quieter than some but I would not consider it a quiet exhaust by any means.

Well of course if you want the quietest yes, stock cans is what you will want to stick with. However if you compare the rest with open pipes prodrive's and lachute's they sound pretty subdued.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Prodrive and Lachute are quiet IF YOU ONLY HAVE A CATBACK...

Even w/ a high flow race cat in there, if you have a full downpipe, Prodrive and Lachute are not quiet. You loose VERY little HP and still have more sound than stock if you run a 3" DP to Y-pipe w/ the stock cans...

:spin:

I do not disagree with what your saying. I am just stating

if you compare the rest with open pipes prodrive's and lachute's they sound pretty subdued.

Compared to other exhausts of course such as a perrin axle back, avo etc.

R.I.P Coxx

I do not disagree with what your saying. I am just stating

Compared to other exhausts of course such as a perrin axle back, avo etc.

But, with a full turbo back, they are not much quieter. There is a prodrive in the area and someone w/ megan twin-tips. The twin-tip axle-back is MUCH quieter than the prodrives on a turbo back...
:spin:

good luck they no longer sell them in the U.S. The vendors that used to sell them are all sold out i believe and you have to find them through other users selling theirs. Me and a few others are waiting in line :)

R.I.P Coxx

I would say the Prodrives are only a little louder then stock...

Do the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Hog-zaust mod for a few days, just to get a sense of the noise levels. Do some highway cruising, some zero-to-WOT acceleration up through the gears. And listen to it at idle, in and out of the car. See how these situations suit you aurally.

Now picture all of those scenarios at about 1/2 the volume and that would be the Prodrive cans versus stock. They flow well with a light hint of boxer burble at idle and a very sweet note at full lilt. You know they're there, they just don't intrude on your consciousness unless you're specifically listening to them.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I have the HKS on my car...it is not too loud at idle, has a nice subtle rumble. Low RPM's is noticeable but not droning, and has a nice smooth sound when doing 72 on the expressway.

I love the sound of this exhaust.

here is a clip from Seth1784 on youtube:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdED_vum1hU]YouTube - 07 Subaru Legacy GT; HKS Silent Hipower[/ame]

Archived