LegacyGT.com

Quiet exhaust

obsidiangt

I have an Invidia Catless DP-> Perrin Mid and Y-> Stock Cans and my setup is quite. It sounds stock until you get on it then its just a little bit louder than stock. It might actually be too quite for me.

What about the Autosport exhaust? I heard clip on on youtube seemed very quiet.

autospeed you mean? and that is the opposite of quiet.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Is it Tuesday already? :lol:

The stock exhaust is quiet. A lot of people use the stock mufflers with an aftermarket downpipe, mid and y pipes.

+1.... only remove your res....

it will give you the same sound and costyou $500 less to do this vs prodrives....

but ...teho

I was under the impression the SPT catback wasnt overly loud. Was i under the wrong impression?

I am running the SPT v2 CBE, I though it was going to be fairly quiet but I would say it is middle of the road. I have some youtube clips here, if you can't find it ask and I will look it up and repost.

Well, I have an update to the Prodrive exhaust. You can still get them stateside, only problem is, you can only get it through Cosworth in CA, and they're trying to hit people on the head for full retail now. 740.00 plus tax and shipping. Does anyone know if the COBB mufflers ( not CBE) are loud?

If you live in a location that has frequent meets it might be good to try and go to one and sit in some members cars (a/m exhaust). Or maybe meet up with a fellow member(s).

What is loud or tolerable to one might not be to another. This is much better than a video.

Youtube videos are very helpful but they do not give the full story.

You don't want to pay a lot of money for a exhaust and then realize it is too loud or too quiet for you.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I'm trying to find a quiet exhaust for my legacy. I would like to hear it a little bit, but nothing major. Can anyone give me any recommendations? Maybe a Greddy or SPT?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there really isn't any exhaust that is considered "quiet" compared to stock. You are better off replacing your mid and Y pipe and just sticking the stock cans on there.

Greddy is by no means quiet. I have the noise ticket to prove that.

You could do the Perrin CBE and put the silencer caps in the cans....

If you live in a location that has frequent meets it might be good to try and go to one and sit in some members cars (a/m exhaust). Or maybe meet up with a fellow member(s).

What is loud or tolerable to one might not be to another. This is much better than a video.

Youtube videos are very helpful but they do not give the full story.

You don't want to pay a lot of money for a exhaust and then realize it is too loud or too quiet for you.

:whore:MILLION. Far and away the best idea. I recently got the Autospeed and I suggest them (of course), but I also got a good deal as there are only a couple new discounted CBE's left since they're focusing on Audi crap now and I know from A4 ownership the Autospeed stuff is quality. However, I am lucky I like the sound because I really should have gone the route of waiting til a meet.

These cars honestly have horrible sound insulation in the undercarriage, so just about anything you decide to go with will resonate from the trunk and you'll hear it inside. I think it sounds good, but I plan to sound deaden the area very soon (which will also benefit the system install). If you like the stock tips and cans, then stick with them and just get the mid and Y piping done. You will get sound and performance from that and the cans don't add much in terms of #'s. The stock pipes are pathetic in comparison.

Nonetheless ... Autospeed: Mine is very deep with a rich sounding burble tone at low RPM's, and practically NOTHING/silent with the clutch pressed or at idle, which is sweeet when cruising by a trooper on the side of the road. There is no high pitch sound, it stays mellow throughout while increasing tone with the engine. And I don't think it's too loud as someone stated before, but to each his own. I also get some very low pops when backing into my parking garage space, which is cool. AND I liked the look of the dual-wall tips, but you can have them changed if not, and the polished seamless welds on the cans are beautiful. [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=5ORWhS-ynp0&feature=related]YouTube - 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Autospeed Exhaust[/ame]

+1.... only remove your res....

it will give you the same sound and costyou $500 less to do this vs prodrives....

but ...teho

again.... I'm telling ya..it sounds great, saves money... I'll try and get some video tomorrow.

I'm running no res and stock cans for my commute and have an ecut for opening it up at the track..

Yeah, that is probably the best ideas I've heard. Unfortunately, I don't really know of any LGT's around Norfolk, Va with exhausts! But I might check out leaving the stock cans and replacing everything else. Just pisses me off though, I really liked the sound of the Prodrive, I can't get myself to send Cosworth 740.00 plus tax and shipping when they were going for 500.00 two weeks ago.

I would say just wait since KOP is going to bring them back in a few weeks. It could be around that price range for the first few(4-5 buyers) like they did with the perrin tmic and some other stuff.

R.I.P Coxx

No worries, just hoping that since we have so many interested we can get some sort of intro(back to usa) sale going.

R.I.P Coxx

Archived