LegacyGT.com

The Official Lakers Thread!

Mines

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All Star games are for the Fans ... so yeah its appropriate that the fans vote.

Dont they just vote for the starters anyways ... and the bench ppl are by the coaches and what not? I think that's how the ProBowl in the nfl is?

I htink that makes the most sense ... have the fans vote for starters and then players/coaches vote for the other folks. Screw the sport writers they already have the all nba team and what not.

The game is for the fans but being selected should mean something. Having players selected that have played in 5 games is just stupid. Plus, shouldn't being an ALLSTAR means you are the best not the most popular because you are in 20 commercials. If that's the case then just call it the Popular Player Game.

Also, so many great players are left off of All Star teams in all sports because they play in a smaller market. The fans should vote but their votes should have as much weight as the coaches and sportswriters.

If you are a fan of the sport, don't you want to see the best players?

This is for the players as much as for the fans. I don't want to hear "it all about the fans." These guys are taking a risk in playing in an exhibition game during the middle of the season(except football).

I don't think great players should necessary get penalized because they are on bad teams but Kidd and Wade are both on shitty teams annd were both are starters. Both are great players but Give me a break!!

Of course, there are always going to be a lot players that don't make the team (regardless of the sport) that put up allstar stats.

The point I made earlier was Yao Ming (a good player) will probably make and start in every all star game for the rest of his career. Knowing the fans, he could be on injured reserve for the entire season and he would still be a starter.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Really, it's a byproduct of fairweather fans if you think of it. (with Yao possibly being an exception seeing he has all of China supporting him)

It doesn't help that people who don't follow the game that much probably cast 100 votes for the big household name players. Some kid that loves Shaq but has no clue about the game gets on his laptop and votes for him over and over again! People who actually follow the league probably don't vote at all or cetainly not as much as the fairweather fans.

Did any of you vote for an all-star player? I didn't.

Obviously there's gotta be less "real fans" voting... otherwise we wouldn't have some of these horrendous picks.

Really, it's a byproduct of fairweather fans if you think of it. (with Yao possibly being an exception seeing he has all of China supporting him)

It doesn't help that people who don't follow the game that much probably cast 100 votes for the big household name players. Some kid that loves Shaq but has no clue about the game gets on his laptop and votes for him over and over again! People who actually follow the league probably don't vote at all or cetainly not as much as the fairweather fans.

Did any of you vote for an all-star player? I didn't.

Obviously there's gotta be less "real fans" voting... otherwise we wouldn't have some of these horrendous picks.

You hit the nail on the head!! I've been following the NBA for over 20 years and I've never voted for players in the all star game.

The same goes for football (fan for 20 years) and baseball (fan for over 30 years).

I think sometimes being an allstar doesn't mean a lot. There are players that are really good but they may be on a team with a lot of great players. Or it could mean you are good the first half of the season but then you suck once the pressure of the season and making the playoffs starts to built.

Refer to 2007 New York Mets. The NL Allstar Team was full of Mets and they didn't make the playoffs after leading the NL East for most of the season.

However, Jim Rollins of the Phillies was the NL MVP and I don't think he made the NL Allstar Team in 2007.

One Giant went to the Pro Bowl(you know I had to add that).

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Yo The SUNS tonight Y'all!! Anyone know if Shaq is playing tonight? I wanna see the lakes tear them up. :spin:

Is Shaq actually playing? I've learn from the past. The more hype the more likely nothing will happen, like Shaq actually playing.:p

Archived