LegacyGT.com

The Official Lakers Thread!

Mines

Yes, only Boston and Detroit are true contenders. The rest of the east would be hard press to even make the 8th seed in the west.

I totally agree with this.

The east's 8th seed is 7 games below .500

The west's 8th seed is 12 games above .500

that stat just shows you how big the discrepancy is between the competition is between east and west. I also agree, if celtics were on the west, they would not have that record. Remember if celts played on the west, they would have to play competitive teams night in and night out. Their lineup would be more banged up from the physical nature of the western team.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

East's #1 team is 41-9

East's #2 team is 39-13

Doesn't leave too many Wins out there for other teams. The discrepency could also be attributed to how much better those two teams are in the East.

I agree that the West is more even throughout the conference... 100%

But to say that the C's wouldn't be pretty darned close to the record they have now if they were out West, maybe add another 5 losses, I just can't agree with that one. I've given so much statistical evidence to support this.

Dallas is 23-6 in the conference with 17 losses... that means 11 losses to the East. Where does that leave them? B-Leaguer's?

Lakers: 19-8 in conference with 17 losses... that's 9 losses to the East. How about them? Are they mediocre because they lost to "B-League teams"?

C's have only lost 9 games all year! And none in the West! I just don't see how you can say it would be THAT much different.

Half of our wins are against West coast teams!

19-0 against the West during the first half IIRC. :rolleyes:

That pretty much negates any argument about us being a B-League team. :D

I agree, the East sucks but Detroit and Boston are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the Eastern Conference teams.

B-League team, hell, that what they said about the Giants (NFC). Oh, sorry. :D

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

it is different when you play western conference teams on a reg basis, not just in bunches

I dunno man... I agree with the western conference being more evenly matched, but to say playing in the West takes more out of you... I don't really agree with that.

It's not like any of these teams leave anything out there when they're playing. These East teams aren't just lying down for the Pistons and the Celtics. Those guys still go out and bang around for 4 quarters. They're giving it they're all and so is the other team, just like the guys in the West. I don't think that just because you play in the Western conference that you're playing harder because of it. These guys give 100%... no matter the time zone.

If that was your argument, you would be saying that Western conference players inherently have a shorter career because "they play harder in the West" and get wore down quicker.

I just don't buy into that theory really.

I dunno man... I agree with the western conference being more evenly matched, but to say playing in the West takes more out of you... I don't really agree with that.

It's not like any of these teams leave anything out there when they're playing. These East teams aren't just lying down for the Pistons and the Celtics. Those guys still go out and bang around for 4 quarters. They're giving it they're all and so is the other team, just like the guys in the West. I don't think that just because you play in the Western conference that you're playing harder because of it. These guys give 100%... no matter the time zone.

If that was your argument, you would be saying that Western conference players inherently have a shorter career because "they play harder in the West" and get wore down quicker.

I just don't buy into that theory really.

It is pro sports, you hardly ever see most giving 100%......

It is pro sports, you hardly ever see most giving 100%......

Maybe so, I guess once they sign their name it is guaranteed money, but that was hardly my point though. ;)

My point was that you don't get guys playing 85% in the East and 95% in the West. If you believe that than guys in the West would inherently have shorter careers from having tougher games and playing harder.

Maybe so, I guess once they sign their name it is guaranteed money, but that was hardly my point though. ;)

My point was that you don't get guys playing 85% in the East and 95% in the West. If you believe that than guys in the West would inherently have shorter careers from having tougher games and playing harder.

Nope they just are poor teams collectively, which result in easy wins for Detroit and Boston=Best records in the NBA......

I am saying this. Western conference teams are more Physical (I.e. Size & Strength) and tend to wear teams down more.

debate all you want.... we'll see how it turns out in the playoffs.... either way its gonna be an amazing end to the NBA season. Soooo many good teams.

fix0red... arguing is more with people you don't like... I like you guys. ;)

It's nice to be able to have some good debate with NBA fans who (for the most part ;)) know their s**t. :)

Nope they just are poor teams collectively, which result in easy wins for Detroit and Boston=Best records in the NBA......

You kinda dance around my point with this notion that the East is unbalanced. :rolleyes:

If they've got the best record from "Easy Wins"... I guess the Lakers, SA, Dallas, Phoenix, and the other 15 wins in the West were "easy wins". ;):rolleyes:

I am saying this. Western conference teams are more Physical (I.e. Size & Strength) and tend to wear teams down more.

And based on your point that the West "wears teams down more by playing harder" you would inherently agree that players in the West have shorter careers from "playing harder, taking more bumps than guys inthe West". You can't say in one sentance "The West wears teams/players down more" and then the next say "But they can still play as long as guys in the East". If guy A takes more hits and play harder game in and out than guy B, he's gonna have a longer career, and that's a fact.

I say players still play at the same level no matter WHICH time zone their in, so just because we're playing the Mav's doesn't mean the C's put in more effort or play harder because it's a West Coast game. You make it sound like these Eastern teams are lying down for everyone, never giving a bump in the paint or anything. It's the same game every night no matter the coast, and guys get banged up just the same. If it was so "cushy" than why do we have 4 players out to injury? Maybe you missed Big Baby going down the other night against the Knicks... and that's statistically one of the weaker teams in the East, but they still make you play hard against them.

Oooh... hate to be the one to break it to you guys:

ESPN Breaking News: Kobe Bryant has a torn ligament in his hand. Doctors recommend surgery, would miss up to 6 weeks. Kobe wants to try to play to the Olympics.

If Kobe goes out for 6 weeks, I think the Lakers will have a tough time staying afloat.

Do you think it would be smart for Kobe to try to play through it and risk further injury?

Dang I just found out about Kobe. Hmmmm........... I think if he waits till bynum and maybe Ariza to get back, and then get the operation that it wont impact the teams play as much.

But will that be to late in the season to get it? Will he be able to come back and contribute before the post season?

:munch:

yeah, i think its more like he has to decide

NBA Playoffs or Beijing Olympics

fix0red. ;) Not saying they couldn't make it to the finals if he does play, but it's a tough road and definitely not guaranteed.

But I think you're right. He's gonna have to choose.

I think they say if he opts to take the surgery there will be about 6 regular season games left when he comes back.

Which means ... the rest of the crew has to keep the Lakers within the top 8.

Those 6 games ... i think kobe won't be old typical kobe. Then comes the playoffs/finals. I might be a lot to ask of him.

Archived