LegacyGT.com

The Official Lakers Thread!

Mines

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, as much as I love the lakes I think that the Celtics will take the prize this year. But hey, stranger things have happened.

You must don't love the Lake Show that much! The C's will choke along with KG in the playoffs, remember they play in the B-League of a conference. :lol:

You must don't love the Lake Show that much! The C's will choke along with KG in the playoffs, remember they play in the B-League of a conference. :lol:

LOL Yeah, we'll see how the next time goes once bynum and the others are all well. Especially now with gasol. :D

:munch:

Half of our wins are against West coast teams!

19-0 against the West during the first half IIRC. :rolleyes:

That pretty much negates any argument about us being a B-League team. :D

You can deny it all you want, you know the east is the B-League. I think it is more suprising that all of the C' losses have come to pathetic B-League teams with an exception on a couple.

Well, there's a few ways to look at it...

You could say the West is a "better" conference because the teams are doing better overall in terms of record. Fair argument in terms of conferences.

You could also argue that the rest of the East is that far behind because the C's and Pistons (the 2 top teams in the NBA... who are in the east) are just annihilating everyone, only 22-23 losses between the two. Doesn't leave much winning available to the rest of the league. ;)

In any case, argue about the divisions all you want, I could see that either way IMHO.

BUT... you can't say that the C's are a B-Team at all. After all, they do have the best record IN THE WHOLE NBA, and they haven't lost to a Western Conference team in any of the ~20 games they've played this year. If you call the C's a B-League team... well then I guess that puts every team in the West as a C-League team... and that's surely not accurate. :confused:

Oh, and if you REALLY wanna get into the logistics of East and West... how many games have any Western team played against other Western teams? It can't be too much more than 20-25, which is about what the C's have played in the West without losing. Food for thought. ;)

Best team in Western Conference play is the Maverics at 23-6, second is your Lakers at 19-8... (this is Western Conference play ONLY)

Celtics are 19-0 vs the Western Conference this year.

We've played almost as many West Coast games as all the Western teams and still have a better Western Conference record than all of them. I don't see how you can classify the C's as a B-League team no matter what conference they're in. :rolleyes:

I think it is more suprising that all of the C' losses have come to pathetic B-League teams with an exception on a couple.

Hmmm... may wanna check the stats on that one.

Our losses: Cavs twice, Magic twice, and Detroit once. (and IIRC the Magic and Detroit were only by a few points)

5 of our 9 losses are against the 3 best teams in the East, so I dunno how you say ALL of our losses have come to pathetic B-League teams. :iam:

The 2 against the Wizards, the Bobcats 1, and the Raptors... those four were disappointing though, I agree. ;)

The C's of course are not a B-League team but their conference opponents are. I like the C's but think if they were in the west they would not have the record they do now.

I tend to disagree a little...

Best team in Western Conference play is the Maverics at 23-6, second is your Lakers at 19-8... (this is Western Conference play ONLY)

Celtics are 19-0 vs the Western Conference this year.

We've played almost as many West Coast games as all the Western teams and still have a better Western Conference record than all of them.

We might not be 41-9, but judging from the 19 games we've played in the West I think we would have faired pretty well. I mean, no one out there has beat the C's yet. Also remember, if we WERE a western team, that we would have more home games against the Western teams as well.

^^^

Ahhh.... I see your point now. Basically saying that Yeah, the C's may be undefeated in all of their western games, BUT if they played on the west regularly then it would be another thing, right??

Yes, only Boston and Detroit are true contenders. The rest of the east would be hard press to even make the 8th seed in the west.

Yes and no... I'd throw the Magic in there too probably.

C's might have dropped a few more games playing in the West, but I don't think it would be THAT different. After all, we have played just about as many western conference games as anyone in the West and had this kind of outcome. I just don't see much being different if the C's were out West.

Think of this... we would have only played, at most, 10 more Western Conference games if we were out in the West. If we lost 2 or even 4 of those 10, we'd still be 25-4 in the West, which is better than any western conference team... food for thought. ;)

Archived