LegacyGT.com

New Nissan 350Z vs 06 Spec.B strait line?

+1 Get a good start (AWD FTW!) and crack off some good shifts and you should be able to keep it damn close since you are probably at, or at least close to sea level...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/12245/2007-subaru-legacy-25gt.html

lists the fastest cars under 35k on their site, and has the 350z as 3rd and the LGT as 4th! (The Evo and Mustang GT took spots 1 and 2 - if you are too lazy to clicky, haha)

LGT

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.3 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 14.9 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 30.6 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.8 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 14.1 sec @ 97 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 136 mph

Braking, 70-0 mph: 195 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g

350z

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.2 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 12.6 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 23.5 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 5.6 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 13.7 sec @ 104 mph

Braking, 70-0 mph: 169 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g

That's an LGT not a Spec.B in that comparison.

The (in)famous 06 Spec.B #s are 5.1 0-60 and 13.7 in the 1/4 @ 99mph (if I remember correctly).

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i owned an 03' 350 z and now I have an 07 specb.

stock form, the 350z has a stronger motor and is faster in the dead of summer.

Biggest pain with the 350 is it can't maintain traction with stock rubber.

You'll kill him off a light through 2nd gear because of it.

I'm now stage 2 and I'm not worried about it any time of year.

i owned an 03' 350 z and now I have an 07 specb.

stock form, the 350z has a stronger motor and is faster in the dead of summer.

Biggest pain with the 350 is it can't maintain traction with stock rubber.

You'll kill him off a light through 2nd gear because of it.

I'm now stage 2 and I'm not worried about it any time of year.

Issue with our cars is, they fall on their face in the summer. If you are to do 1/4 mile runs in any turbo car, save it for spring or autumn. Turbo powered cars do not like heat. Past 3 summers with my '05 LGT, I can tell you once that temperature raises above 85 degrees - it is very sluggish. On those 90+ days, it feels like a natural aspirated 4-cylinder engine.

So we line up at the closed course drag strip just outside the mall and when the tree turned green I roasted him pitifully...

:lol::lol:

nice cover :p

1st... if you have a rolling start remember to heeltoe or toeheel or whatever its called to let the turbo spool up prematurley.

2nd...If you have any local tuning shops just take it down there and let them work there magic.

3rd...Go get an cobb AP set it to stage 1.

Once you have done all that you should be able to play with him

Your going to have to be one heck of a driver to get a stock '07 350Z to consistently get low 13s 1/4 times. Talk about star aligning....

Most of the really quick guys are running mid 13s stock with the 07 and other drivers in the high 13s and low 14s. If it's an older Z, that driver will be in for a shock!

As with all AWD vehicles the key will be in the launch. If you get a good launch on a normal street type surface with 350Z will probably be staring at your tail lights.

I think the fastest stock 'ish LGT was 12.9 ish or 13.09s in 1/4. IIRC they had some exhaust mods but no tuning....

Others have ran very low 13s completely stock but like other have mentioned.

Everything, will be down to the launch.

You right about the 350zs, even the 07s arent low 13s cars consistently its been done but not time after time, they are mid to high 13 second cars. That being said most LGTs arent even hitting 13s stock. You said hitting 12.9s close to bone stock, uh no you would need to be stage 2 atleast. TALK ABOUT STAR ALIGNING i believe is what you said, they same thing goes with thinking a close to stock LGT can run 12s. Maybe its been done with the perfect driver and the perfect conditions but its not something that you can count on. The truth is if you do a 1/8mile race it would be a good one, but a 1/4mile all thats gonna happen is at 70mph your just gonna see a nissan symbol getting smaller and smaller as you fall behind. Of course thats assuming you can both drive with pretty equal skill the only way to really know who is faster is to race so do it and tell us what happens.

since were on the topic of 350z, What about a 04' G35 sport ed. (the one with the brembos) vs a 08' LGT 5mt stage 1 maybe stage 2?

Im currently at stg 1, track date is set in mid april, if weather gets warm enough for me to put on a DP ill be stg 2 before the track meet.

You said hitting 12.9s close to bone stock, uh no you would need to be stage 2 atleast. TALK ABOUT STAR ALIGNING i believe is what you said, they same thing goes with thinking a close to stock LGT can run 12s. Maybe its been done with the perfect driver and the perfect conditions but its not something that you can count on.

Well... the thing is it has happened.... If we're going to pull out the exception to the rule time slips, like with the low 350Z time slip, then your going to have to pull out the time that the stockish LGT did a 12.9.

Your going to have to be one heck of a driver to get a stock '07 350Z to consistently get low 13s 1/4 times. Talk about star aligning....

Most of the really quick guys are running mid 13s stock with the 07 and other drivers in the high 13s and low 14s. If it's an older Z, that driver will be in for a shock!

As with all AWD vehicles the key will be in the launch. If you get a good launch on a normal street type surface with 350Z will probably be staring at your tail lights.

I think the fastest stock 'ish LGT was 12.9 ish or 13.09s in 1/4. IIRC they had some exhaust mods but no tuning....

Others have ran very low 13s completely stock but like other have mentioned.

Everything, will be down to the launch.

Are these GTs you speak of going down hills or just the king of cars?

12's and low 13s stock ish??

Is stage 2 considered stock ish?

Are these GTs you speak of going down hills or just the king of cars?

12's and low 13s stock ish??

Is stage 2 considered stock ish?

What's with all the negative nancy's on this site?

Original thread with multiple time slips:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31447&page=12

You right about the 350zs, even the 07s arent low 13s cars consistently its been done but not time after time, they are mid to high 13 second cars. That being said most LGTs arent even hitting 13s stock. You said hitting 12.9s close to bone stock, uh no you would need to be stage 2 atleast. TALK ABOUT STAR ALIGNING i believe is what you said, they same thing goes with thinking a close to stock LGT can run 12s. Maybe its been done with the perfect driver and the perfect conditions but its not something that you can count on. The truth is if you do a 1/8mile race it would be a good one, but a 1/4mile all thats gonna happen is at 70mph your just gonna see a nissan symbol getting smaller and smaller as you fall behind. Of course thats assuming you can both drive with pretty equal skill the only way to really know who is faster is to race so do it and tell us what happens.

The OP has wants to run a 2006 Spec.B not an LGT. The 06 can hit 13s stock.

If the Z is an earlier variant, it would be very close with the Z reeling the Spec. at the 1/4. An AP would put the ball in the OPs court.

1 less gear change is about .1 maybe .2 for a good driver, not really much to compare. So if the 06 runs a 13.8 then the 07 runs a 14flat and its easy to make the slightest mistake and loose .2. So there really is no difference its all about the driver. Still the 1 less shift doesnt cut off half a second so the it being a 06 point is really void

I didnt say they can hit 13s i said most drivers wont hit 13s, and average drivers with the 350z can hit 13s its easier with the 350z, also why is the spec b faster again? lol

Well, there are actually more incidences of stock/stockish USDM BL/BP LGTs running high twelves and low thirteens compared to the 350Zs. Plus, much less people drag race there LGTs.

Ok first of all when you say stockish stop right there, stockish is a made up word that doesnt mean anything. We are talking STOCK, and of course a forced induction car is gonna pick up more power with bolt ons and tunning then an N/A because with the AP and up pipe down pipe you can move you boost up and gain a good 50wheel horse power. But when your talking stock the fact is most people in a LGT cant hit 13s much less 12s, do you consider stockish full stage 2 cause up pipe down pipe and a access port is atleast what you need to hit 12s in a LGT atleast most cars with just those mods and no other supporting mods are low 13s cars. The fact of the matter is in a 1/4mile the advantage goes to the 350z if the drivers are equal at stick. I dont know why you argue it like the legacy turbo is the best car ever, i love the car i would much rather have a legacy over a 350z because of the power you can easily gain over stock but stock for stock against a 06 350z making 300hp and they run 13.5s-13.8s consistenly i would give the 1/4mile to the nissan.

:rolleyes:

I guess having a turboback exhaust might give you a little more power. However, without the adequate adjustments through EM you really won't make more power then stock.

Please, refer to this thread were the car was running stock boost and no EM but a few exhaust mods. If you missed it the first two times I posted it.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31447&page=12

^^^

Look somone running a stock'ish(No EM, full weight, stock boost and exhaust mods) LGT running consistent low 13s and 12s!!!

Also, if you care to look through the motorsports section you'll see other other examples of bone stock LGT running very fast as well.

The OP has wants to run a 2006 Spec.B not an LGT. The 06 can hit 13s stock.

06 spec. B is an LGT. 06 spec. B is just an LGT with red leather and 18's really (oh and the suspension differences). The changes are marginal at best when it comes to times, but the car has the 5 speed like the lgt so the comparison is valid.

man... read the thread... or go to the motorsports forum...

Is your car stock, if so run your car and post your slip and i bet you wont come close to 12s. I have had 3 12 second cars and 1 11 flat car which i still have, 1 of the 12 second cars was a 94 talon AWD turbo, I know what it takes for a AWD car to run 12s. 250hp at the crank, 200 to the wheels isnt enough in a 3300+car no matter what thread you want me to look at

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62363

This is the only place where people have to post up all details to back up their runs. All of the "my car runs 12's on pump gas with no mod" people don't seem to be able to manage a pm with all of the relevant details :)

Archived