LegacyGT.com

New Nissan 350Z vs 06 Spec.B strait line?

06 spec. B is an LGT. 06 spec. B is just an LGT with red leather and 18's really (oh and the suspension differences). The changes are marginal at best when it comes to times, but the car has the 5 speed like the lgt so the comparison is valid.

If you really wanna get technical, the LGT 5 speed against the 06 spec b 5 speed, the softer suspension is slightly better for straight line racing that the LGT has, the spec b is heavier because of rims and options, so if you really wanna get technical the 06 LGT should be faster than the 06 Spec b because of the weight and softer suspension not much probably like .1 or .2 but its something. So the fact thats its a spec b doesnt mean shit. I hate it when kids are like the LGT runs 14flat and the spec b runs mid 13s why,because it has better suspension for turns, cause that makes sense. And the 07 Spec b is even slower because of the 6 speed, more weight and as said earlier you have to shift once more in the quarter mile. Maybe about the same since the 07s and 08s make a little more power to the ground.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
06 spec. B is an LGT. 06 spec. B is just an LGT with red leather and 18's really (oh and the suspension differences). The changes are marginal at best when it comes to times, but the car has the 5 speed like the lgt so the comparison is valid.

But still quicker than the 05 LGT. ;)

(There are no 0-60 or 1/4 times for the 06 LGT that I'm aware of.)

What's with all the negative nancy's on this site?

Original thread with multiple time slips:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31447&page=12

There is only stock or modified. Stockish doesn't exist (The car in the thread above is not nearly stock, I assumed some sticky tires and a short shifter is stockish). Comparing a modified GT vs a 350Z is pointless. No negative Nancy. I just state the facts.

On the GTO site I frequent there are several mid 12 second GTOs that have nothing major done.

12.52 @ 111.091 MPH removed MAF screen, no mufflers, air bags, DRs

12.54 @ 111.74 Catback, Nitto's

12.60@111.21 A4 tune only

1. No one is going to claim that the GTO is commonly a mid 12 second car. (they will say modified, mid 12s are easily possible)

2. These times will beat many C6 times out there. Now we both know what is going to happen 9 out of 10 times with equal drivers. No one is going to say in general that a GTO is a faster car.

Bottom line: I had both a 350Z and a GT at the same time so I can speak from experience.

At the track or private property:

Race 0-60 and win

Race in snow

Race in rain

Race in gravel

Hope that the Z driver isn't great.

Modify your car and say it is "stockish"

Just don't race a SRT-4!

There is only stock or modified. Stockish doesn't exist (The car in the thread above is not nearly stock, I assumed some sticky tires and a short shifter is stockish). Comparing a modified GT vs a 350Z is pointless. No negative Nancy. I just state the facts.

:rolleyes:

Just for the facts....

How much power do you gain with a tbe on the LGT without any engine management?

It's probably going to be as much as led window washers:lol:

Also, if you acually read the motorsports section there are other people that are bone stock and have put down amazing times. The only reason I picked that thread was because people had the same negative nancy attitude your displaying. They made that poster jump through hoops to prove his times.

Bottom line: I had both a 350Z and a GT at the same time so I can speak from experience.

At the track or private property:

Race 0-60 and win

Race in snow

Race in rain

Race in gravel

Hope that the Z driver isn't great.

Modify your car and say it is "stockish"

Just don't race a SRT-4!

Botton line is that I currently own a 2007 spec. B and a 2006 G35C with the "rev up" VQ35 6MT pacakge. I quite familar with what these cars will do on the street.

Your going to have to be a very exceptional driver to launch a 350Z on a street type surface and get into low 13s. Heck even the mid 13s would be impossible for the majority of drivers on most public type surface roadways.

Just stay away from newly laid sticky asphalt and you should be fine:lol:

I wont be able to mod until augest when I graduate and find a job but im building a list and have a pretty good idea of where i want to go with my piece of art.... Already got the all weather subaru mats and a really nice car cover. Previous owner debadged it

Rallitek front skid plate

rallitek mesh front grille

JDM Aero Spats (mud guards)

Chin Spoiler of some kind (flat black)

17" rims with winter tires, keep the stock 18s for summer rims

fastwrx.com's arm rest extention

35% window Tint

headlight corner smoked covers

Smoked tails with reverse light cutouts

Switch to auto dim mirror with home-link

Access Port & stage I map

Shock sensor for the alarm

Boost gauge in AVO a-pilar mount

GFB 50/50 hybrid BOV (yes just for the sound I know it wont do anything for my performance, depends on if i get the extended 100K warranty

- add the VGA in and do a backup camera

- 3.0 version of navi software DVD

- possibly a radar detector

- STi short throw shifter

- SPT catback exhaust

- different drop in filter

- list still in progress

STEREO:::

-Install my 15" kicker woofer interior memphis M class components & two amplifiers, 200 watts for components, 500 watts for woofer, with a 1.5 farad capacitor

-going to do the highlineCA stock deck with RCAs added when they start pumping them out so i can keep my MP3 stock radio with wheel controls

for the woofer will do a fiberglass box covered in carpet for a "stockish" look.

My modifcation to your list:

Access Port & stage II map

UP/DP

STi Pinks

^^ Spend your first $$ here, everything else down there is just cosmetic!

Rallitek front skid plate (waste of $$, just adds weight)

rallitek mesh front grille (cool!)

JDM Aero Spats (mud guards) ($$ but cool!)

Chin Spoiler of some kind (flat black) (waste, if you really really need the skidpad...because of snow...maybe...this is going to get torn up and be a waste of $$)

17" rims with winter tires, keep the stock 18s for summer rims (now you're thinking :))

fastwrx.com's arm rest extention (this is well worth it, might be able to pick one up used for cheap)

35% window Tint (go 20% if its legal :))

headlight corner smoked covers (clear them first?, might be hot)

Smoked tails with reverse light cutouts (I like)

Switch to auto dim mirror with home-link (good if you have the associated garage)

Shock sensor for the alarm (i don't know how effective this is)

Boost gauge in AVO a-pilar mount (i like boost gauges)

GFB 50/50 hybrid BOV (yes just for the sound I know it wont do anything for my performance, depends on if i get the extended 100K warranty

(I recommend getting a K&N typhoon or similar CAI. See how you like it first. If your goal is to be wooshing so others can hear it...then you need the BOV. If you want wooshing so only you can hear it, then get the intake. Plus the intake adds a few more ponies, where as the BOV definitely doesn't)

- add the VGA in and do a backup camera (interesting...but do you really have a problem backing up)

- 3.0 version of navi software DVD

- possibly a radar detector

- STi short throw shifter (I have this...it is good for what it is, pick one up used for cheap)

- SPT catback exhaust

- different drop in filter

- list still in progress

STEREO::: (I don't know anything about stereos...but that sounds awesome!)

-Install my 15" kicker woofer interior memphis M class components & two amplifiers, 200 watts for components, 500 watts for woofer, with a 1.5 farad capacitor

-going to do the highlineCA stock deck with RCAs added when they start pumping them out so i can keep my MP3 stock radio with wheel controls

for the woofer will do a fiberglass box covered in carpet for a "stockish" look.

Just for the facts....

How much power do you gain with a tbe on the LGT without any engine management?

It's probably going to be as much as led window washers:lol:

Also, if you acually read the motorsports section there are other people that are bone stock and have put down amazing times. The only reason I picked that thread was because people had the same negative nancy attitude your displaying. They made that poster jump through hoops to prove his times.

Botton line is that I currently own a 2007 spec. B and a 2006 G35C with the "rev up" VQ35 6MT pacakge. I quite familar with what these cars will do on the street.

Your going to have to be a very exceptional driver to launch a 350Z on a street type surface and get into low 13s. Heck even the mid 13s would be impossible for the majority of drivers on most public type surface roadways.

Just stay away from newly laid sticky asphalt and you should be fine:lol:

Actually you only need a ok driver to hit 13s with a 350z but you need a damn good one to hit one with a LGT, also launching a 350z isnt that hard, why would it be because its real wheel drive, its not like its a torque monster, i used to launch my 380rwtrq trans am on street tires at 3100rpms and just squeel a little then go, no smoke no black marks. Its not hard to launch a RWD car with a couple days of practice. If hes smart he will make sure he knows atleast how to do that

^^^

[sarcasm]

Yeah.. that is why internet is littered with claims and time slips of people running low 13s with stock 350Z or even with normal NA mods.

[/sarcasm]

I spend most of my other forum times on Nissan boards. I've yet to read someone consistenly running low 13s with any 350z outside of those with aftermarket FI. From personal experience the FM based VQ cars aren't the best cars for 1/4 bragging times.

Thats true they are, but neither are the legacy GTs, i have seen consitent 12s out of bolt on 350zs with drag radials, and i have personally seen it, not read about it on a website, aslo have seen bone stock 350zs hit mid to high 13s, i agree that rarely do i see them touch below 13.5 but rarely do i see a LGT even hit 13s. You say read about htis guy and this guy, well buddy go watch people or better yet run your car and tell us what you run. The fact of the matter is i have seen bone stock down to the tires 02 Ls1 cars run 12.7s and 12.8s, but 98% of people arent gonna run 12s with a completely stock ls1 car, i ran a 13.2 @ 107 with my stock ls1 car, which is better than most stock ones i see.

Well... You really need to start looking through the motorsports section.

Mid to high 13s aren't that uncommon for the bl/bp LGTs. Also, most people on this board don't actively drag race their LGTs as much as other types of cars.

probably dont need the ralitek like you mentioned but i was thinking it cant hurt since we have a lot of dirt roads and ocasional road kill in the area but that ones pretty low on my list... In terms of the Stage I with catback vs Stg II with UP/DP, i have the 100K mile warranty and If im stage I can unmate the AP in a matter of minutes if i have to go in for any warranty claims, if i go stage II its void and im screwed. paid for the warranty so i figure for at least a while i shouldnt void it, but eventually UP/DP and header sound very nice as well as a stg II map.

My modifcation to your list:

Access Port & stage II map

UP/DP

STi Pinks

^^ Spend your first $$ here, everything else down there is just cosmetic!

^ Ah yes, if you have a 100k warranty...then it all makes sense. :) I forgot to add sway bars. I think you should be alright with sways and springs though. I don't think dealers really hassle you for that. Springs are wear and tear items anyways, so I don't think the warranty covers that? No one should give you grief for sways though.

Why cant you jsut put the stock up/dp back on if something breaks and return the ECU to stock, then stage 2 wont void your warrenty i have done it to a couple cars. My Trasn Am had a 6psi supercharger kit i was using while my dad rebuilt his camaro and i broke 3 valve springs after about 2 months. I jsut returned the car to stock, well as stock as it was when i got the warrenty and the did all the work.

how hard is install/removal of UP/DP, what if it has to go in to the stealer in the middle of the week and I dont have time to switch it over cause i need a rental car for work the next morning cause i have to drive to boston for a business meeting? stuff like that that concerns me. Granted in a pinch i could barrow one of my parents cars or the pickup truck but cant always rely on that...

Its just a couple of bolts and what not, a couple hours probably, i dont know i have done any work to my legacy yet, but i can pull the motor out of my supra and strip it down to a short block in 3 hours im sure you can get this done in 2.

Ok Camber i went to motorsports and went to sticky 1/4mile times, everyone running under 13.7 in that thread is stage 2+ so what were you trying to prove by telling me to go there. They arent stock, they are actually quite modifeid, the fastest lgacy GT on this site running pump gas with stock turbo and motor is a 12.9. Now how is it hes the fastest yet, you claim stock legacy can run low 13s even close to 12s. That just proves your wrong, listen since the 350z is a 06 id say it will be a drivers race with the advantage to the nissan. End of story

Acutally, that just proves that reading comprehension > you :lol:

j/k...

That sticky is just the latest of 1/4 mile threads and is not comprehensive. Take a look at the original 1/4 list. The thread I posted had other people chiming in with similar times. Plus, there are a few other posts out there with 1/4 mile times.

Ok a couple things he had atleast 5 mods he listed that isnt stock, btw stockish like i said earlier isnt a word, your either modded or stock. I said no stock legacy will run low 13s. He has 5 mods and was running 98octane, which will also up the power by a great deal in a turbo car, with 93 octane my supra made 517rwhp, with 110 it made 597rwhp. Also is there a certain page he posts his slips? He couldnt even hit 12s with 5 bolt ons and higher octane gas, how can a stock legacy hit 12 or very low 13s as you have said post after post.

My co-worker has an '06 350z (touring, 305hp) and he can probably dust my 08 LGT 5MT in a straight line. Both cars are stock (real stock, not 'only 5 bolt-ons stock). That thing is scary-quick off the line. Throw some sand, corners or traffic in and my LGT shines. Not sure how much faster a spec.B would be though. This is something I'd like to see on a track some time.

My co-worker has an '06 350z (touring, 305hp) and he can probably dust my 08 LGT 5MT in a straight line. Both cars are stock (real stock, not 'only 5 bolt-ons stock). That thing is scary-quick off the line. Throw some sand, corners or traffic in and my LGT shines. Not sure how much faster a spec.B would be though. This is something I'd like to see on a track some time.

spec B doesnt have any more HP and mine, 06 still has the 5mt not the 6mt the 07 08 spec b's have. thanks for the response, from everybody else too. Looks like its going to be more of a drivers drag than anything else with a slight advantaged to the 350z in perfect conditons

It is easier for him to **** up, if he launchs at 300rpms more than his tires can handle he will end up smokeing his tires but the 350s feel like they are lacking torque to me anyway, but with IRS and being RWD he will need to work on his launchs unless he already knows what hes doin. Good luck and god speed

SKEETAWOMPED

Ok a couple things he had atleast 5 mods he listed that isnt stock, btw stockish like i said earlier isnt a word, your either modded or stock. I said no stock legacy will run low 13s. He has 5 mods and was running 98octane, which will also up the power by a great deal in a turbo car, with 93 octane my supra made 517rwhp, with 110 it made 597rwhp. Also is there a certain page he posts his slips? He couldnt even hit 12s with 5 bolt ons and higher octane gas, how can a stock legacy hit 12 or very low 13s as you have said post after post.

So how muchpower does a TBE and 98 octane gas add to an untuned LGT motor?

Will it make any more significant power then stock being untuned?

Are you saying you ran you Supra without any engine management to make use of your mods?

He was running low 13s...

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/5817/tracktimes001xb8.jpg

Then guess what?

He started running high twelves....

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/958/tracktimes2001tb0.jpg

Did you even read that thread?

No im at work, and dont have time to read a 17page long thread, the point is and everone including a admin has said that stock legacys dont run low 13s period. Stop talking because they dont, i already told you run your car and tell us what you run. Until you post a vid and your time slip of you running under a 13.5 in stock legacy you prove nothing. You still dont understand that you said a stock legacy can run very deep into the 13s, well they cant. He isnt stock At all

No im at work, and dont have time to read a 17page long thread, the point is and everone including a admin has said that stock legacys dont run low 13s period. Stop talking because they dont, i already told you run your car and tell us what you run. Until you post a vid and your time slip of you running under a 13.5 in stock legacy you prove nothing. You still dont understand that you said a stock legacy can run very deep into the 13s, well they cant. He isnt stock At all

That's the same song dance that people were pulling in the other thread.

Also, you've been working 24/7 for the past couple of days and don't have time read a thread. However, you have enough time to post every 5 minutes in this thread?:lol:

Multiple slips, witnesses and multiple cars for the win!

Archived