LegacyGT.com

New Nissan 350Z vs 06 Spec.B strait line?

Hey there, a friend of mine in town has a 350z, black on black with stereo stuff and nothing that ups the power. My 06 Spec.B is stock as of now. in 6 months or so when i graduate ill be adding AP stg I, SPT catback exaust. How do the two compare performance wise on the strait line either roll on or dead stop?

just curious, because ive been informed by multiple people who didnt even know what a legacy GT was that my car was so far off from it and i dont really know much about the Z other than its a sweet car too, so i figured id see what you all have to say...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What year, the earlier years started at 270hp which you would probably take, but the new years are around 300 which i have seen good drivers run 13.6s 13.7s with and legacys are 14s. If both cars are stick id say drivers race with a slight edge to the 350 if its a newer one. From a roll i would give the edge to the 350z but like i said 350z from different years have different power.

Race him thru the city at night and the first person to chicken out from the insane speeds is the loser.

G35's and 350Z's are basically on par with the Legacy GT stock for stock.

Now, some lunatic will probably chime in and tell us what happened with his street race after both cars hit 100mph+... but I don't know.

:lol:

We all KNOW that the spec B is faster :lol:

every thread. am I supposed to just say Legacy GT, its not. its a Spec.B thats what it is...

figured id point out its the 06 spec.b to confirm it doesnt have the inteligent drive nor does it have the 6 spd like the newer ones do.

:spin:

of course any race would be closed course, but im curious by how much people underestimate my car... I like that they do...

of course a challenge to a snow race would be more interesting from my point of view

Admittedly new to manual as a main mode of transport (driven stick pickup trucks for years but not a car as my own car) where would most of you launch from? Ive been riding dirtbikes since first grade I know to get a holeshot on a bike you get about mid throttle and drop the clutch, can you drop the clutch safely in the car, if so at what RPMs would you be doing it at?

Well you cant just drop the clutch, you best bet is to side step it at like 5500 or so, some people say thats a good way to blow your clutch, but how are you gonna know waht you and your car can do if you dont try. People who say things liek that shouldnt buy the performance version of cars.

Side Step it?

Well you cant just drop the clutch, you best bet is to side step it at like 5500 or so, some people say thats a good way to blow your clutch, but how are you gonna know waht you and your car can do if you dont try. People who say things liek that shouldnt buy the performance version of cars.

+1 Get a good start (AWD FTW!) and crack off some good shifts and you should be able to keep it damn close since you are probably at, or at least close to sea level...

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/12245/2007-subaru-legacy-25gt.html

lists the fastest cars under 35k on their site, and has the 350z as 3rd and the LGT as 4th! (The Evo and Mustang GT took spots 1 and 2 - if you are too lazy to clicky, haha)

LGT

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.3 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 14.9 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 30.6 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 6.8 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 14.1 sec @ 97 mph

Top speed (governor limited): 136 mph

Braking, 70-0 mph: 195 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g

350z

C/D TEST RESULTS:

Zero to 60 mph: 5.2 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 12.6 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 23.5 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 5.6 sec

Standing ¼-mile: 13.7 sec @ 104 mph

Braking, 70-0 mph: 169 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g

One thing I love about being out here in Colorado is that our turbo motors have a pretty big advantage over NA cars that would normally eat us up! I've taken a few unsuspecting Mustang owners at the track...fun stuff!

:lol::lol::lol::spin:

well im in RI at school but i imagine it should happen sometime My buddy has 500 acres with a grass airstrip with big fields on both sides of the road that runs parralell, a private road not public access. so that is the most likely location. its a strait half mile strip of pavement...

and how much do you think my 18s, being heavier, will or wont affect acceleration

You'll win from a standing start on the street type surface. If you get a good launch. From a moderate speed roll it'll be pretty even unless at higher speeds.

If you were stage 2, I don't think a stock Z would win. That's of course with equal drivers.

Remember, to turn off you TCS if you plan on launching the spec. B. The TCS will cause the car to bog. I like 4-5k rpm letting the clutch out easy untill I feel the friction point or the clutch starts grabbing. Then just fully let out the clutch at that point

I dont think the 06 has any of that stabilty traction control stuff. thanks for the advice on the clutching Camber.

My only racing experience with a clutch has been on 2 stroke dirtbikes in low traction surfaces like dirt roads or fields so thats nothing like a car on the street. didnt do a whole lot of racing in the F350 with a mowing trailer on the back although that thing was a monster. the gas power 460 V8 with the 5 speed in it. wawawiwa you could start from dead stop with a trailer in 3rd gear no gas on a flat surface

Archived