LegacyGT.com

New Nissan 350Z vs 06 Spec.B strait line?

Well.... you could dump your clutch but you potentially risk grenading your tranny.

With an AWD car you want to ensure you don't bog just shortly after you launch. You've either got make sure you wheels are slipping a bit to keep the power up or your car has enough momentum to overcome the time where the tires find full traction to stop the engine from bogging.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont think the 06 has any of that stabilty traction control stuff. thanks for the advice on the clutching Camber.

My only racing experience with a clutch has been on 2 stroke dirtbikes in low traction surfaces like dirt roads or fields so thats nothing like a car on the street. didnt do a whole lot of racing in the F350 with a mowing trailer on the back although that thing was a monster. the gas power 460 V8 with the 5 speed in it. wawawiwa you could start from dead stop with a trailer in 3rd gear no gas on a flat surface

When you launch a rear wheel drive car you turn the traction control off anyway, so it doesnt matter if he has it or not if hes smart he will turn it off, if hes a good driver he would win this race, the 350zs are only 200lbs more than our cars and with 50more hp getting to the ground the have a huge advantage other than the launch. I think you will ahve 2 cars on him off the line by about 70 he will have passed you.

If its a new 350z with the new engine, stock for stock hell kick your ass, you may have him for a bit with a good launch, especially if your friend doesnt know how to drive. From a roll forget it

(LGT 0-100: 14.5, new Z 0-100: 12.6) thats ownage right there...

If its an earlier Z, it should be pretty even stock for stock, you might even take him 0-60 and 1/4

Stage 1 vs new Z would be pretty close I would say

Most models of 350Z don't have 50WHP advantage over any year BL/BP LGT. Curb weights are pretty similar between the two cars(even though the 350Z is much smaller). Getting a 6MT 350Z/G35C/G37C under 14s in the 1/4 mile for most drivers requires a bit of talent(same with the lgt/spec. b). A stock AT 350Z would never get under 14s in the 1/4.

It will be pretty much a drivers race. Good luck!

the 350z powerband isnt as robust as teh lgt either, he may have more peak whp, but we have our max hp for more of the rev range. stock for stock, the lgt will win from a roll or a dig for the most part. But it will be close. def a drivers race. stage 1 or more and the lgt will win period.

the 350z powerband isnt as robust as teh lgt either, he may have more peak whp, but we have our max hp for more of the rev range. stock for stock, the lgt will win from a roll or a dig for the most part. But it will be close. def a drivers race. stage 1 or more and the lgt will win period.

I agree but the newest 350zs (2007+?) with the revised engine are quite a bit more powerful and quicker than the previous years and will be difficult to beat stock for stock, if the 350z is properly driven.

Is this guy auto, and the 300hp 350z gets around 260rwhp most manual legacy is 200-210awhp so that is a 50whp advantage. I cant belive white tiger really thinks that, i have seen quite a few bone stock 350s get into the 13s i have never seen a bone stock legacy hit that, im sure its been doen but i have never seen it. Like 02 trans am that have run 12.8s bone stock, i have never seen it but its been done. I used to work at a shop that had a dyno one of only 4 in milwaukee so i saw alot of cars dyno, my buddys 04 350z rated at 265hp made 231rwhp bone stock, the 300hp i have seen 255-265rwhp on average.The 07s also have a much better powerband

of course any race would be closed course, but im curious by how much people underestimate my car... I like that they do...

of course a challenge to a snow race would be more interesting from my point of view

Boy oh boy... Bulldogg can chime in here too, but you have the Spec B, it's the 'sportiest' version of our car.

Imagine if you got the grocery-getter LGT wagon like us. I have guys in Toyota Echo's thinking that they can 'take me' off the light.:confused:

Most of the people I know, until they have gone for a ride, figure i have an outback sedan basically.... Im only 22 so ive got all kinds of people telling me their accord will take me I just chuckle and told them to give me a few months with the stick and id be happy to humiliate them. I was thinking of getting an 05 wagon if I came across a nice one. Im pretty active and plan to get myself a Labrador once i graduate so it would be nice having the cargo space... And having a truck in highschool I always liked the sound of subwoofers in a hatchback or back seat as opposed to in the trunk. Was in the market for an 05 LGT of some sort and this car came to my attention to autotrader so i figured if I could get it at a good deal.... why the hell not.

The "sleeper" aspect of these cars is one of my favorite things about it though. Two of my buddies came down to see it but hadnt actually been in one before. the one kid Dan has an 03 325xi and I told him id give him a run for his money but he questioned me... after we went for a spin he flat out said. wow, i wouldnt have a chance against this car. the other friend Joseph had an 05 TL and both of them were supprised how fast the car actually was.

Smoking people in the wagon must put an ear to ear grin on your face, i know it would for me. so far I havent gotten any real stoplight winks and grins from unsuspecting motorists yet but i imagine as the weather gets nicer this spring ill have my glory

I think the funniest was i went on a blind date in higschool and this kid pulled up in a black mustang all pimped out, but i could hear it was a V6. and he knew the girl i was with. He gave her a wink and revved at me, not knowing I was packing a 5.2 liter v8 in my Dakota I smile and let him hear he was missing some displacement. Shit eating grin quickly disapeared.

So we line up at the closed course drag strip just outside the mall and when the tree turned green I roasted him pitifully...

I drove both. Edge to the 350Z. For the first 30mph the GT wins and after that its all 350z. The 350Z I had had wider rubber (19s) but was a convertible. Bit heavier but with a good launch it hooked up right away. No point in magazine racing the cars. If the GT doesn't get a great launch then it will be an ugly race.

Your going to have to be one heck of a driver to get a stock '07 350Z to consistently get low 13s 1/4 times. Talk about star aligning....

Most of the really quick guys are running mid 13s stock with the 07 and other drivers in the high 13s and low 14s. If it's an older Z, that driver will be in for a shock!

As with all AWD vehicles the key will be in the launch. If you get a good launch on a normal street type surface with 350Z will probably be staring at your tail lights.

I think the fastest stock 'ish LGT was 12.9 ish or 13.09s in 1/4. IIRC they had some exhaust mods but no tuning....

Others have ran very low 13s completely stock but like other have mentioned.

Everything, will be down to the launch.

Archived