LegacyGT.com

Official CENTRAL VALLEY, CA Thread!!!!!

FJuan

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hello. just got a 05 legacy GT in october and so far i still love this car. Id like to ask other owners some questions but i have yet to see another GT anywhere around.

Nice to see you around Robert. We have another member or (or two maybe) from Visalia. George, a local, is a super nice guy, if you dont talk to him here you should see him at the meed in March. Feel free to ask any questions you have, but you'll find the search tool very useful too.

Laurence

thanx for the welcome hawtness & luarence. Is there such a thing as an Idoits guide to Mods?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48123

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19037

Can a newbie (with large hands) install a BOV with ease?

I dont know off hand if there is any early "stage" advantage to that other than neat sounds.

I couldnt find any install threads:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78449&highlight=bov+upgrade

robert, i have a blue 01 outback wagon. don't get much to tulare with it. my wife drives it mostly in visalia and i drive it on long trips. has tinting on the windows. nothing on it to make it stand out yet. wanna get some stickys one of these days. if you see an old guy in a green wheelchair with a bbq tong hanging from the back then its most likely me. i'm gonna pay more attention to suby sedans from now on for sure.

george

robert, i have a blue 01 outback wagon. don't get much to tulare with it. my wife drives it mostly in visalia and i drive it on long trips. has tinting on the windows. nothing on it to make it stand out yet. wanna get some stickys one of these days. if you see an old guy in a green wheelchair with a bbq tong hanging from the back then its most likely me. i'm gonna pay more attention to suby sedans from now on for sure.

george

George,

Whats with the bbq tongs? What color is your car? I now that there is a tire store here in town, where I used to manage at that has a set of some decent looking wheels for not alot of money. Silver they are, 5 zigen. Let me know if you are interested and I'll see how much "not alot of money" is.

Laurence

just love that sound.....its a inexpensive sound upgrade in my book. Kinda like getting a bass tube put in the trunk. thanks for those links they are very helpfull so far. cant wait to try that 'seat belt chime' trick.

Robert, you may not be 100% satisfied with a aftermarket BOV, because our BPV (By Pass Value) is 100% recirculated back into the air intake. Therefore, doing a 100% to atmosphere BOV will cause the engine to die or have a very rough idle. Several members have done the 50/50 BOV and had very little issues. Some of those members also stated that not much difference in sound over stock.

IMO - Since it sounds like you haven't done much modding to your car, just take off the intake silencer, ram air scoop and replace the air filter with a foam panel filter or a CAI. You'll hear the BPV much louder by doing this and it's much cheaper. I put a Perrin panel air filter in mine and it sounds great.

My wife's balls are delicious.

sickdrift, by stickys i ment stickers, decals, sorry. as to the tongs its to pick up stuff that drops and get stuff off and on racks at stores. life is not geared to folks in wheelchairs. so be nice to us wheelchair folks. we are grumpy cuz we already had 20 people step in front of us in the last ten minutes ! now i aim for feet with my wheels.:mad:

george

sickdrift, by stickys i ment stickers, decals, sorry.as to the tongs its to pick up stuff that drops and get stuff off and on racks at stores. life is not geared to folks in wheelchairs. so be nice to us wheelchair folks. we are grumpy cuz we already had 20 people step in front of us in the last ten minutes ! now i aim for feet with my wheels.:mad:

george

The tongs make perfect sense, I just arent smart enough to figure that out.

Did you guys get any of this storm that blew through? Now I gotta wash my car again.;) And let me know if the wheels interest you.

Archived