LegacyGT.com

Official CENTRAL VALLEY, CA Thread!!!!!

FJuan

If you ever have the extra time I suggest taking the 58 west to Santa Margarita, which exits to the 101, just north of SLO. Theres a couple portions that are super slow as they are really curvy, but lots of areas that are long sweepers and big hills, and not heavily policed at all. If you want details I can supply, if you havent already been that way of course.

Highway 58 between I-5 and US 101 is a great drive. It goes by the Carrizo Plains National Monument, a great place to see weird stuff like kit foxes and pronghorn antelope:

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/bakersfield/Programs/carrizo.html

Just east of Santa Maragarita, there's the historic town of Pozo and the historic (1858) Pozo Saloon, where they put olives in your beer:

http://www.pozosaloon.com/

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Highway 58 between I-5 and US 101 is a great drive. It goes by the Carrizo Plains National Monument, a great place to see weird stuff like kit foxes and pronghorn antelope:

Just east of Santa Maragarita, there's the historic town of Pozo and the historic (1858) Pozo Saloon, where they put olives in your beer:

58 is a fun road from mckitrick to 101. And if you're not in a hurry, some of the side roads are great as well.

Bitterwater rd is a great one

Good info. I'll check out that bar next time Im that way. It doesnt take much more than the call of beer to get my attention.

Kit foxes are pretty common around here. I see them often on the bike path.. they like to run across the path right as you are trying to pass.

So, am I really the only Legacy owner in Bakersfield? I cant be the only smart guy in town, am I? :cool:

Yes on the first part, not sure on the second part.:lol: Doesn't most the population drive a Chevy or Honda?:p

My wife's balls are delicious.

Yes on the first part, not sure on the second part.:lol: Doesn't most the population drive a Chevy or Honda?:p

If, by Chevy, you mean a Silvarado pickup, yes. If by Honda you mean rice, not so much anymore. I'm kinda outta touch with the youth nowadays, but I think a big portion are driving big trucks... hahah stupid hick town.

From what i know, i think it is an honda place. my honda buddies always go there and meet up with honda peeps and from their head out to the track for track days. last time i went, i seen at least 30+ hondas who met up in bakersfield and yes, most of them were from there. but who cares, dont you like it when your car is like rare? one of a kind? lolol. it feels good. =)

From what i know, i think it is an honda place. my honda buddies always go there and meet up with honda peeps and from their head out to the track for track days. last time i went, i seen at least 30+ hondas who met up in bakersfield and yes, most of them were from there.

You're probably right. But I will say there are no where as many as there used to be.

but who cares, dont you like it when your car is like rare? one of a kind? lolol. it feels good. =)

Yeah. I like the fact that 99% of the people who have seen my car have not been familiar with it at all, and they are suprised to see how many features are standard. All have been impressed.:wub:

yes, in fresno, i see some, but most of them arent into building up the hidden monster in the Legacy. and yes, a lot of people hea (in fresno) dont know much about the potential the legacy has. once they get blown away, they will be like, what do have in the car? lolol, i usually say, its stock 4 cyclinder. lolol.. well, like William who drives an 07 Spec B, i know hes the only one in town who has one.

yes, in fresno, i see some, but most of them arent into building up the hidden monster in the Legacy. and yes, a lot of people hea (in fresno) dont know much about the potential the legacy has. once they get blown away, they will be like, what do have in the car? lolol, i usually say, its stock 4 cyclinder. lolol.. well, like William who drives an 07 Spec B, i know hes the only one in town who has one.

yeah, like I said before, I'm pretty much sure I'm the only spec in town, but I'd be happy to see another.

Last yr, I talk to a woman that had a SpecB in town (Fresno). She has no desire in modding it, and the only reason she bought it was because it was "top of the line" and "it came with redish seats". I wanted to :lol: at her.

Last yr, I talk to a woman that had a SpecB in town (Fresno). She has no desire in modding it, and the only reason she bought it was because it was "top of the line" and "it came with redish seats". I wanted to :lol: at her.

i think that lady who bought the Spec-B with pretty brick red interior is another lady who works in the Saturn dealership @ herwaldt. the guy who sold it said it was one of them. that was the first spec B fresno had. thats the day i bought my wrx.

Since I bought my LGT in '05, I think I've seen a total of 4 different LGTs in town. Maybe one of them was you.:lol:

if that is referring to me, then i dont think it was me. because in 05 i bought an WRX. gave that to my brother last year in june. and bought an 07 LGT in May. so yeah. well, i think i bought the last LGT at Herwaldt, and surprisingly, it was exactly what i wanted, no spoiler, black on black leather, 5speed. couldnt believe it. seems like it was meant for me. hahaha. anyways, found a place yet? if not, we can always do it at woodward park. lolol. we are basically the heart of california. welps. i might be heading out to visilia or something. ill probably go look around too.

^^ Last summer I did see a black/black LGT on 41 then exit to Ashland. You drive around this area?

I'll be in Visalia on Monday for a meeting, I know of a few parks that I'm going to check out. Let me know if you find something good too.

Archived