LegacyGT.com

Legacy S Concept @ Tokyo Auto Salon

chenc544

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the S401 was only available in Japan, so if this S Concept becomes the S402, it follows that it would only be for Japan, but they sorely need something like that to come to the US to generate some excitement in the Subaru brand here.

The US (canada, puerto) market is the only market that have the Legacy with turbo engine and left hand drive except the comming turbo diesel. I think this may be one of the problem. For some reason does not Subaru want to sell the turbo version worldwide and its proably too expensive to sell the LSTI only in US market with LHD.

/Dan

Is the turbo and everything on the other side of the engine in RHD countries?

No. The engine is the same. I have a JDM RHD LGT and its the same as a LHD Impreza.

Brakeservo and brake fluidreservoir are of course on the same side as the Steering wheel.

They must proably do crash test and other things for a LSTI. I dont think they will do that for a very small LHD serie only for US.

As I wrote, there are no LHD LGT outside US market. Dont think they will invest lots of money in a LHD LSTI now when the diesel arrives.

I hope Iam wrong and that they start sell it worldwide.

The US (canada, puerto) market is the only market that have the Legacy with turbo engine and left hand drive except the comming turbo diesel. I think this may be one of the problem. For some reason does not Subaru want to sell the turbo version worldwide and its proably too expensive to sell the LSTI only in US market with LHD.

This car would not come to the U.S. because it's too expensive, period. The wheels cost $3000. The brakes cost $3000. The seats cost $thousands. This car will cost $55,000 in Japan, and that's before shipping it here. U.S. consumers will not pay $55,000+ for a Subaru Legacy, and Subaru would be nuts to try to sell it here.

--Dan

Mach V

This car would not come to the U.S. because it's too expensive, period. The wheels cost $3000. The brakes cost $3000. The seats cost $thousands. This car will cost $55,000 in Japan, and that's before shipping it here. U.S. consumers will not pay $55,000+ for a Subaru Legacy, and Subaru would be nuts to try to sell it here.

--Dan

Mach V

You americans are so spoilt :)

Our Legacy 3.0R Spec.B with 6MT cost $61,000

The new Impreza STI cost $70,000

I dont think the car cost is the problem. They havent sold a LHD LGT outside US since 1994. They have some other unknown reason...

I would happily buy a LSTI for $55K :wub:

/Dan

--Dan

Mach V

If they built it here like every other legacy things would be a little different ;)

You americans are so spoilt :)

Our Legacy 3.0R Spec.B with 6MT cost $61,000

The new Impreza STI cost $70,000

I dont think the car cost is the problem. They havent sold a LHD LGT outside US since 1994. They have some other unknown reason...

I would happily buy a LSTI for $55K :wub:

/Dan

We are spoiled because of the size and competitveness of the market. If Sweeden had as competitive a market as the US you guys wouldn't be paying that much for a subaru either. Also, you have a 3.0R Spec B with 6MT. That would cost a little more here too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Has anyone seen those fender vents? I've searched JapanParts, no luck yet.

received your PM, that's a concept car, not yet a production model, so the vents are a No-Can-Do until ( when and if ) Subaru Japan make a production model

Usually, the "concept car" is very close to the production model, so we will see, *fingers crossed*

GW

JapanpartsLLC

* Trusted suppliers since 1996 *

Fake vents to match the fake hood scoops on the G8. Gotta love that Pontiac styling. Do the design engineers all have silicone implants in their calves?

Just following Subaru with their non-functional hood scoops and air vents on the gc impreza's.

• 4 weeks later...
Just following Subaru with their non-functional hood scoops and air vents on the gc impreza's.

IIRC, they were indeed functional, they just didn't feed directly into an intercooler or intake. Non-functional means either fake, or real scoop with no airflow. If the GC Imprezas were like my '98 LGT, the scoop is real, and directs airflow into the engine bay. Yes, it's restricted, but it sure isn't non-functional.

Archived