LegacyGT.com

Why you guys picked legacy over other brands?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those damn commercials where all the 2wd cars were driving on only their drive wheels.

And then the legacy goes ripping over that bridge and the announcer say's

"with 250 horse power"

I was sold.

I saw this commercial, drove down to my local subaru dealership. We went back forthe for a week, I got the price I wanted and picked it up the next day.

True story.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

well i have my 87 truck, my 85 celica that was my daily, but at 300,000 miles i needed something with fewer miles and 4 dr

i had a 93 camly le which was the last 4 car i owned, before that, a 91 subaru legacy, i loved both

I was looking for something i could take long trips in but still have some fun with once i got to my destination, but i wanted the room of 4drs, and i wanted reliability and sportyness for under 20,000 (i was shopping used cars)

01 camry v6...finding one with a 5speed is really hard, suspension sucked

03 wrx, too small, back seat seamed pointless, seats sucked

03 sentra se-r, lacked torque but was a blast to drive in upper rpms

06 hyundai sonata v6, only availible in auto

05 altima ser, almost bought that, then my dad almost bough the same car, nissan wanted to much, plus me and nissans never work out (my gm cars were more reliable)

tried to find a corolla with the high output 1.8, that didnt work

05 tacoma x runner, wanted to much plus i already have a truck

05 legacy gt non-limited , quick, 5speed, awd, room, low milage, warrenty, perfect size 4dr, sporty feel all the way around, decent gasmilage if i keep my foot out of it, but best of all, THAT NICE SUPRIZE FEATURE, when u out run your average ricer or domestic owner, leaves that big grin on your face:icon_bigg, and the price was way under what i had planned to spend

Extremely fun to drive (steering feel is GREAT)

Very good rearward visibility

Came with a 5 speed automatic

Great engine with excellent potential

Safe

Fairly decent fuel mileage (close call there)

Doesn't make everyone want to race me

I didn't mention AWD, because I would have bought the car if it was RWD. We don't get no stinkin' snow down here! Well... I don't count the one accumulation we get every few years or so. Even then I wouldn't need AWD, because almost the whole town gets the day off if the roads are bad anyway.

However, AWD is fun bonus.

Oh I forgot, getting looks from Audi and BMW guys is the best part. I got a huge kick out of a guy's face the other day in his A6 when he was pacing me going though Burlington.

The other cool thing I like about my car is the fact that in places outside of NE, they are rarer, especially the '06, '07 Spec model. I'm not starting the Spec, non Spec debate again, what I'm trying to say is from the vantage of someone who hasnt seen those cars before and who doesnt know about the models, prices, etc. they tend to attract they eye of the casual passer by and they go in for a closer look because of the Special Interiors (I dont include the '08 because the Black Alcantara blends in with the rest of the car and doesnt pop like the '06 and '07's). Its really cool to have someone come up to your car and check it out and be in awe of it and ask you questions.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

It was the only car with the functional hood scoop!

But really, I tested & researched the A4, BMW 335, Infiniti G35, and the IS350. It took me almost a year to decide. Then I drove the LGT. The others just don't compare. I even saved $12,000!!!

Then my second question. Everytime I try to explain to my family why subarus are good cars to get, its very hard to explain how. How would you explain it to a person that doesn't understand cars at all?

Thanks!

i just told them it has awd a turbo and is fast but real comfortable.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

When she first came to the States, my mom's first car was an 88-89 Subie GL sedan that lasted her 10+ years and the only problems that she had was that my uncle got into an accident in it, and had to repair it, a tree trunk fell on top of it, and my uncle got into another accident, this time totaling it. So I guess they weren't really 'problems' just, bad luck. :lol:

I was looking at the Mitsubishi Lancer, but only had 140hp, and having ridden in my uncle's, the interior looked and felt cheap. And since I was only to be getting the basest model, the interior and exterior didn't look very appealing IMO (and I'm not a big fan of hubcaps either).

It's pretty cool to see another Legacy on the road, especially when you're behind them, where you get to admire the rear of your own car (or is it just me?).

Being 18 and seeing a lot of other people my age in tC's, Civics, Integras, and whatnot, I wanted something more unique.

I couldn't find another car that offered the same features, looks, and power with the same price.

I couldn't find another sedan that offered AWD with 20/27 mpg for the same price.

When a classmate needed help to jump-start his car, he asked which car was mine, and I pointed to the ass of my car which was sticking out of the line of parked cars and he goes, "that Lexus?" (then he sees the emblem) "...wait" (cranes his head side to side, goes to the front and back again) "which subaru is this??"

Just today, I had a friend say that I have "the classiest car out of everyone we know" and I said "really? thanks" and just smiled to myself.

Ever since I got it, I've never questioned my choice. Sure the new TL with the sexy ass gunmetal rims is nice, but

1. it's not in my (parent's) budget,

2. those are gonna fill the roads fairly quickly, and

3. it's not a subie.

That's been my mindset with all the others. :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

2005 LGT Wagon 5MT turbo Limited bought new because:

Wagon +

AWD +

5MT +

Turbo horseppower +

Differential setup +

Sport suspension (not an Outback hi-rider)

Wide flat load floor for bass guitar amp and cabinets +

Improved exterior and interior styling +

Persistent - why are dealers such wimps when it comes to ordering manual transmissions?

JC, Chicagoland bassist & opentracker

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd wagon

2005 LGT 5MT Ltd sedan

I came from an '06 Mazda 6s V6...Great Car, tons of fun to drive...but...slim on power, average gas mileage for the performance

The clincher was the Mazda not liking Snow

Traded my Mazda6 for a 08 Legacy GT.

Perks...

• Lower Insurance
  • Better Engine
  • AWD...This is fried gold in Utah
  • Higher safety ratings
  • My Legacy is loaded to the gills with just about every worthwhile feature and creature comfort a person could want (Navi, XM, Remote start, auto dimming rearview, heated seats, wipers, mirrors...etc etc) My Mazda was basic
  • Wonderful value retention in Utah
  • Reliable
  • Better interior and build quality
  • Incredible value

What else was I going to get, really, especially coming from a Mazda6, which is a true blue FWD sport sedan? A Camry, Accord, or Altima...yeah right. If I wanted a boat I'd take up sailing.

So what am I left with? The Marginal reliability and nauseating expense that comes with BMW, Volvo and Audi...No thanks

The quirky, pseudo Japanese Luxury Class of Lexus, Acura and Infiniti. Meh, may as well get a BMW then...

It just made perfect sense. Pound for pound not much out there can match what Subaru has to offer, especially at the same price point. They are great cars all around

Like a lot of you I was seriously looking at the 330xi and a Subaru.I went to the dealer near my place and others and just didn't get the "FEEL" like I did with the 330xi.( My boss has one and I've driven it many times and liked the solid feel) So one day I went to the Dealer near my house (again!!) and the young salesman that helped me in the past no longer worked there so out comes the Boss! He says hey you been in here many a times what ya lookin for?I told him my little story and he says right out of the blue I know what you need I'll be right back.5 Minutes later he pulls up with #298 Spec B. Its in my drive way now because of 3 reasons. 1. Great Salesman that listened 2.It feels (and still does) GREAT! 3.A Blast to drive!

Like a lot of you I was seriously looking at the 330xi and a Subaru.I went to the dealer near my place and others and just didn't get the "FEEL" like I did with the 330xi.( My boss has one and I've driven it many times and liked the solid feel) So one day I went to the Dealer near my house (again!!) and the young salesman that helped me in the past no longer worked there so out comes the Boss! He says hey you been in here many a times what ya lookin for?I told him my little story and he says right out of the blue I know what you need I'll be right back.5 Minutes later he pulls up with #298 Spec B. Its in my drive way now because of 3 reasons. 1. Great Salesman that listened 2.It feels (and still does) GREAT! 3.A Blast to drive!

What he said but less gay

Archived