LegacyGT.com

Why you guys picked legacy over other brands?

I'm back in Toronto for the holidays and my poor Legay is sitting alone in my driveway 3500km away.

But to answer your question, I'm currently driving my parents car... which was my previous car - a 1990 Legacy with over 300,000km. It still starts on the first crank, it still drives very well and it's never left me stranded during the last 17yrs.

That made my decision very easy when it came to buying a new car. The AWD, great looks and performance is just icing on the cake. :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said i wasnt coming back, i just said i was leaving because im only on this when im at work. And i was at work on saturday when i said i was leaving i meant work and wouldnt be on the comp anymore.:wub: Did you stay awake thinking of me?

Last night i had to pick a friend whose car broke, it was me 6' 3" in the driver seat, my friend 6'8" behidn me, my friend John 6' 5" in the front passenger seat and another friend 6' 3" behind John. The only person who didnt have leg room was the 6' 8" behind me, cause i didnt move up much.

Because no one knows what the hell it is and what the hell it can do.

Simple as that.

yeah. that includes accords from the 80's, work vans, work trucks, semis, hybrids, various slow as balls cars from any maker, g35's, bmw's, civics, scions, audi's, excursions...yes, a fricken ford excursion of all things...there are more just can't remember right now. list is very long.

you name it they have tried and all failed.

I bought my 2005 LGT Limited 5MT wagon new in August 2004. I was only seriously considering two other vehicles (Volvo V50 T5 AWD and Audi A4 Avant) and both were smaller, heavier, and slower for around the same amount of money. It was a pretty easy choice to make, especially since I've been a Subie admirer for awhile. :)

Minor nitpick about the title of this thread: Legacy is not a brand, it's a model. Subaru is a brand. *relaxes sphincter* :p

All wheel drive is the only reason. (new England winters and steep hill)

Have an S4 for the high speed highway work and a new Tacoma for hauling stuff.

Bought the Legacy for the wifes everyday beater, otherwise I would have purchased another Toyota/Lexus or a Honda/Acura.

Will see if the Subaru proves itself.

top safety rating, and, from an physics standpoint, things on the car were awesomely engineered for purpose and not bling; low center of gravity, simple but effective awd system, driver tilted center console, heated seats/mirrors/wipers, extra reinforced b pillars, reduced weight doors/hood/trunk, thermodynamic efficiency of 2.5l turbo engine, oh, and the stunning good looks (Side profile only)

airfuel.....

For some reason I think subaru would be better off without you as a customer. Coming in hear calling our legacy a beater for the wife.... Oh... I just noticed 2.5i....that is half your problem. You can't really compare the 2.5i to the S4 or another toyata or lexus or honda or acura......which makes the impression you are implying that the Subaru was a last resort BECAUSE YOU HAD to have AWD.

Most companies offer an AWD these days. Even Ford has several to choose from!

Try a fusion next time or the 500!

I bought my car because it was the best car under 35k.

Faster than a Porsche Boxter, AWD, Navigation, MP3 CD Player, Sunroof, Leather, etc etc etc.... Looked at Audi but they were way OVERPRICED!!!!! 20k with all options I wanted...

Spec B came loaded ONE WAY...... LOVE IT!

And my last car was an SUV and then a Saleen Mustang....

got rid of the V8s. Wanted SOME gas mileage as opposed to 15MPG max.

sorry airfuel...didn't meant to flame so much....... happy new year

oh and I didn't like the four door G35 and I didn't really want the 2 Door.

Plus they were on the edge of getting a new design....didn't want to be stuck with the "OLD" design for years to come....

Bought the Legacy for the wifes everyday beater, otherwise I would have purchased another Toyota/Lexus or a Honda/Acura.

Get off your high horse m8, the subaru needs to prove nothing to you and it definatly isnt a beater, i would take a lgt wagon over an avant anyday of the week. I think that if you had forked out a couple more grand for the gt you would be alot more satisfied with it and would probably give the s4 to your wife. Oh and happy new year!!

I picked up my fully loaded 08 LGT for 31k and would put it up against any entry level car from Acura or Lexus. I know this because I drove just about every AWD offering in the 30-35k range and hands down the Subaru was the most rounded and impressive of the bunch.

The only other car I would consider is the BMW 335xi and to get that car as well loaded would be nearly 50k.

As a beater the 2.5i will last you a long time. It will prove itself just fine I'm sure

I picked up my fully loaded 08 LGT for 31k and would put it up against any entry level car from Acura or Lexus. I know this because I drove just about every AWD offering in the 30-35k range and hands down the Subaru was the most rounded and impressive of the bunch.

The only other car I would consider is the BMW 335xi and to get that car as well loaded would be nearly 50k.

As a beater the 2.5i will last you a long time. It will prove itself just fine I'm sure

Hey VIBER,

Welcome to the club!

The 08 is growing on me!

Remind me... did they add blue tooth yet?

The only thing I wish I had was WMA support on the CD player (its a pain to always have to convert to MP3) Fold down rear seats (but its a good excuse not to take my car snowboarding :) and AUX in... I still don't own an official brand I-POD so its not really the end of the world but I would have liked to have a VIDEO Aux IN straight to the dash to make playing movies a whole lot easier... or like the new Infiniti M they could have just made it so the DVD player actually plays DVDs... :)

Plus a hard drive on the car would have been nice to rip CDs., ..........

but I can upgrade in 2020 .... I heard that model will have tons of new gadgets...

Thanks Viber,

Must have touched a nerve here as some get mighty defensive.

I picked up my 08 legacy with 6000 miles (Subaru rep car) for $18,600

Full new car warranty.

No need for Turbos to go 1 mile to the grocery store or other odds and ends. This car will do just fine.

Thanks Viber,

Full new car warranty.

No need for Turbos to go 1 mile to the grocery store or other odds and ends. This car will do just fine.

Hey I'm just playing wit ya!

Plus I paid almost twice as much!!!!

But my car only had 6 miles not 6,000!!! :)

No need for turbos.... YES YOU ARE RIGHT!

There is never a need for turbos!!!

Thanks Viber,

Full new car warranty.

Maybe you could start a "Grocery Getters'" thread.

Sign me up for that grocery getter thread then lol. I drive 3.5 miles to work one way. Coupled with a few shopping trips here and there, I don't expect my milage to skyrocket like it has on my other cars in the past. It was funny to tell the insurance agent that I drive less than 10 miles a day and not lie hahaha.

Either way, whoever said there's no need for a turbo... You should be more specific. As in: "There is no need for a turbo in a car that your wife will drive."

Much better. Although that doesn't apply to my wife. She's hooked on that turbo torque curve in her Golf. She doesn't like that you have to rev the subie a lot higher to get going.

Sign me up for that grocery getter thread then lol. I drive 3.5 miles to work one way. Coupled with a few shopping trips here and there, I don't expect my milage to skyrocket like it has on my other cars in the past. It was funny to tell the insurance agent that I drive less than 10 miles a day and not lie hahaha.

Either way, whoever said there's no need for a turbo... You should be more specific. As in: "There is no need for a turbo in a car that your wife will drive."

Much better. Although that doesn't apply to my wife. She's hooked on that turbo torque curve in her Golf. She doesn't like that you have to rev the subie a lot higher to get going.

I doubt her golf is pushing 340 ft lb of torque though! :)

Archived