LegacyGT.com

500 rwhp/500 tq APS TT G35 vs ??? AWHP LGT?

My tune would be better if I have tome to work on it :mad:

Likely it would.

I hope to start a thread in the future about things I have learned tuning myself. I just have no idea how I can control it from becoming a thread like this, or any of my other threads.:confused:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Likely it would.

I hope to start a thread in the future about things I have learned tuning myself. I just have no idea how I can control it from becoming a thread like this, or any of my other threads.:confused:

Well the number of people that have a clue is small and it might help gain interest.

Did you learn that 100% IDC is bad :hide:;)

I'd say you need 400awhp to dust him off the launch, and you need 420-450whp to dust him off the roll. Basically get a Perrin GT30R turbo kit, and you'll smoke him. G35s are slugs and not the best car to modify. 500whp and running 12's...you know the car is heavy/ 500whp on a sti/legacy is like low 11's high 10's possibly. Good luck either way!

I'd say you need 400awhp to dust him off the launch, and you need 420-450whp to dust him off the roll. Basically get a Perrin GT30R turbo kit, and you'll smoke him. G35s are slugs and not the best car to modify. 500whp and running 12's...you know the car is heavy/ 500whp on a sti/legacy is like low 11's high 10's possibly. Good luck either way!

Well according to drivers on this site 514whp in an LGT will only net you 12.094 @ 118.92.....

It depends on the type of driving.

If you've got good clear pavement and your a decent driver that can handle a bit of oversteer, the G35C is a bit better stock. However, if you get into some tight turns with bumps and suspect quality asphalt the LGT AWD grip and wide torque band make things so much easier.

The HLSD and turbo action on 90 degree street turns makes the car rotates and shoot out of turns like a rocket. Where in the G35C you have to wait a bit longer to apply power and that is with its VLSD.

BTW - I'm comparing my 07 spec. B to an 06 G35C with sport package.

However, overall I do find the spec. B is a more effortless car to drive fast at the limit on normal type roads. Its probably making me a crappy driver though!

At very high speeds I find the LGT gets a bit of front end lift where the G35C stays planted. I think my front lip may have reduce this aerodynamic lift but I haven't done enough highspeed running to make up my mind on that.

G35C you definetely feel the road more and get a bit better tactile feedback.

However, if your going to speed down an unknown road where I live. I know which one of my cars I rather be in....

Not that im am a "driver " or anything, but I know for a fact my G35C would of out handled my GT on any layout. The LGT on stock suspension just felt sloppy and all over the place. While the G35 felt planted in tight curves or long sweepers, actually suprised me quite a bit. In stock form the LGT feels much like a FWD driven car that is pulling you around corners versus pushing.

Not that im am a "driver " or anything, but I know for a fact my G35C would of out handled my GT on any layout. The LGT on stock suspension just felt sloppy and all over the place. While the G35 felt planted in tight curves or long sweepers, actually suprised me quite a bit. In stock form the LGT feels much like a FWD driven car that is pulling you around corners versus pushing.

Well maybe you should have got a spec. B instead

:hide:

Are you comparing an LGT with RE92s against a summer tire shod G35C isn't really fair.

hooked on phonics much, douche bag?

Oh no! This is headed in a bad direction. :spin:

As far as what people have seen other cars do at the track, or what their previous cars have done etc. we should all probably take it at face value.... the word of someone you met on da internets ;)

If you'd like to have some real ideas of what people have done, and what has been documented, this thread should help: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62363&highlight=fastest+times+thread

Good luck beating him. Even if you don't win, at least your car doesn't have an orange cluster! Looks like rotting tropicana back there! :p

Archived