LegacyGT.com

At what point did your car stop being a "sleeper"

The LGT is inherently a sleeper. Lay off the stickers and keep a mild sounding exhaust on it and regardless of the other mods, it'll still surprise most people out there. The funny thing is that I never got revved at or otherwise challenged till the night I blew my stock motor. While driving home on the freeway knowing the motor was hurt I got revved at by 3 people :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, my car is a little less of a sleeper now since I have a few sponsor stickers on the car. I still worry much less about cops than if I were driving an STi though.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KGB FTW!! I am so looking forward to getting back and driving home. theres so many stupid V8's and trucks that try to use the far lane to pass you. keep up the good work.

:lol: That's awesome you know where I'm talking about. I love that spot and always laugh when some jackass tries racing with this gf in the car, and gets smoked by my station wagon. And it is almost always big trucks. I'll have to keep an eye out for you when you get back.

i think when you slap on the tint and lower the car, no matter what rims you may have, people start looking at your car a little different. then i added the wheels and grill. i added stickers. however, my stickers were for business and though it made me stick out like a sore thumb, i also remained incognito because most people thought i was a camry (debadged) with tint and huge work graphics. i try hard not to race around town and drive only 5 mph over the limit so i don't draw more attention to myself. now i've got a Brembo BBK, STI wheels, a full TBE, etc. i get noticed, however i think the cops know who i am and just don't pay much attention to me anymore. i drive by the cop shop 2-5 times a day, even with my dark tint, they just seem to not pay notice (though i have a doc's note for my tint jic). occassionally someone will pull up next to me at a light and check out the car, but i think it's more or less trying to figure out what it is than trying to race. only the little hondas try to race, but now they don't since most of them have seen me at the track running 12's this summer. instead, while i'm at work, they will stop by the kiosk and say, "hey, you got that 12 sec legacy right?? that thing is HOT!" and i smile and wave.

when i drive our stock 07 STI, no tint, no anything, all of a sudden everyone wants to rev their engine or the trucks want to "race" to the next light. :rolleyes:

You can definately tell your car is modded pretty well, I'm surprised you don't get harrassed more. I would love to get mine running near what yours does and still have the sleeper look. I will have to get gold wheels though, I just like them too much.

About 2 weeks ago, a buddy of mine gave me a lecture about if he "had" to own "of of those Subies" the only one that he'd own was one of the those LGT's because of how fast they are. I tried to explain to him that my OBXT has the same engine, and was just as fast.

He just laughed at me, told me I was an idiot, and told me that I driving a station wagon, and it was only good for getting groceries.

I guess mine is still a sleeper then?

You can definately tell your car is modded pretty well, I'm surprised you don't get harrassed more. I would love to get mine running near what yours does and still have the sleeper look. I will have to get gold wheels though, I just like them too much.

you have to realize that there's a FEMALE driving that car. i've heard of girls cry their way out of tickets. there are special considerations that females seem to get.

if a guy does that the cop will laugh at the dude for being a sissy and then hand him a ticket.

car for sale. PM me!

you have to realize that there's a FEMALE driving that car. i've heard of girls cry their way out of tickets. there are special considerations that females seem to get.

if a guy does that the cop will laugh at the dude for being a sissy and then hand him a ticket.

crying has NEVER gotten me out of a ticket. however, staring blankly and uttering "huh? sorry, sir, what did i do wrong?" has. Every time i've been pulled over in the LGT, the cop is usually surprised to see ME behind the wheel. I think they expect some young punk or Asian guy... well, they got the Asian part right, but i'm not a punk and usually dressed relatively nicely, both hands on the wheel, etc.

in fact my last ticket (and very very well deserved) was driving up to Denali last year for a meet. we were caravanning with 2 other cars, driving well over the speed limit (like 120+) and passing people on double yellows. i was the first to be pulled over since i was the last. my car sticks out like a sore thumb: "CLEARWIRE" in giant 75" decals on the sides and my number in reflective white vinyl on the rear. what was i gonna do? Hide??? so he could call me and tell me to pull over? :lol: so i pull over, and this guy is just FUMING mad, he walks up and sees me and his jaw literally drops. it takes him a moment to compose himself in which i endured a good 15 minute lecture. he didn't give me a speeding ticket, but did give me one for illegal passing. i'm sure if it had been my husband driving, he'd have dragged him out of the driver's seat and beat him. he wasn't rude or impolite, but very to the point (which i can understand why). i really consider that incident my wake up call. we could have caused an accident and someone could have been hurt or killed because we were just being stupid and driving fast, "showing off" that our cars were faster than the minivan and motorhomes we were whizzing by. as i said earlier, now i drive MAYBE 5 over the limit and just save it for the track. of course track season is now over so i have just found a new outlet to get that anxiety out: dodgeball! which is a 20 week league to get me through winter :D

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

ha ha. and you and ak wagon are in wagons. that's ultimate sleeper! they don't even look twice at you!

when ralph first did his sti swap, we took a spin in the wagon and we're doing just under 100 mph on the New Seward. i see a cop and i yell at him to slow down or we'll get nailed. he just smiles and says he's in a wagon. they don't even look his direction... nothing!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

My LGT is stock and wingless, so it's still sleeper.. My SRT-4 was fun in 2003 when people thought they were just Neons with a big wing :) I try to keep it clean and sleeperish, but the 3" catless and mufferless exhaust has a way of attracting good and bad attention.

when I became the driver..

Your done with sleeper mode when you can no longer hold a straight face when someone who thinks they have a fast ride pulls up next to you at a light and starts revving. The ultimate insult is to start revving too; then just sit there as the other car pulls off, thus telling them that they aren't even worth the gas, time or ticket. :lol:

Let's kick this pig!

is that what happened to you? people were routinely messing with you and when you bolted up some wheels they quit?

another person has commented on disabling drl's and that helped with morons cutting in front of him.

sleeper, to me, means running under the radar of idiots that want to race you all of the time.

once rims go on people tend to flex a hell of a lot more often than they used to, IMO.

i remember the 1st time i heard a srt4 with an exaust....

"what the hell dodge made a turbo desiel neon !?"

ok fine the celica sounds like a big strait 6 with a cam

it still needs a borla behind it

no one ever tries me in the legacy

my celica and shockingly my toyota truck, everyone within 5 miles of me tries me

forgot to mention the truck has side pipes:lol:

ok fine the celica sounds like a big strait 6 with a cam

No it doesnt. It sounds like a riced out 4 banger :)

My LGT still is a sleeper, stock wheels, stock grill, stock mufflers....20g under the hood :icon_twis I dont find a lot of people that "try me" but I also don't let a lot of people pass me and then they have this :eek: look and I :D

No I just put mine to bed with a blanket so it doesn't feel the effects of wind chill. Then its sleeping....if it were a specB I would sing to it.

Pat a cake, Pat a cake, baker's man

Bake me a cake as fast as you can;

Pat it and prick it and mark it with a 'B',

And put it in the oven for SpecB and me.

no 2.4 liter sohc inline 4 with a retardedly long stroke sounds like your average ricer, its basicly a truck motor...........dont make me go get a 7m or a 2jz

i just came back from driving my dads base 08......it'd be more fun for an n/a if it were manual:spin:

its funny every now and then in the lgt to b tried by the infinity/audi/american crowd here, they think my cars a camry or a altima, till the realize they still are not passing me, its even funier when they follow u to the gas station or wherever your going and ask

"ok wtf is that......"

no 2.4 liter sohc inline 4 with a retardedly long stroke sounds like your average ricer, its basicly a truck motor...........dont make me go get a 7m or a 2jz

Go get it....your CAR still sounds like a 4 banger...now it just sounds like a 4 banger truck :lol::lol::lol:

Archived