LegacyGT.com

At what point did your car stop being a "sleeper"

when the rims arrive, people tend to think you may mean business.

is that what happened to you? people were routinely messing with you and when you bolted up some wheels they quit?

another person has commented on disabling drl's and that helped with morons cutting in front of him.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On my way home there is a light with two turn lanes, and it stays two lanes for about an 8th mile, then goes to one. Anyways, every day I pull up in the left (main) turning lane, and someone, usually a pickup pulls up besides me and inches up to the line. I assume they see the wagon and assume I'll be going slow, so they take off with a furry soon as the light turns. I typically take off slow around the corner and let them think they will get ahead of me & merge in, but then I quickly acclerate up to 60 and leave them way behind.

A few times people have really tried, they're willing to greatly exceed the limit to make it by. But it's quite fun, and a rather foolish enjoyment.

My plates fit well imo, DCEPTV. Having a sleeper is great.

KGB FTW!! I am so looking forward to getting back and driving home. theres so many stupid V8's and trucks that try to use the far lane to pass you. keep up the good work.

compared to my accord the LGT is sleeper status

<---The Accord had CF hood and front lip, apex i exaust, smoked tails and 19" rims all dropped on some tein ss.

i was revved on all the time.

LGT has 18" rims dropped on Flex, hks exaust.

im de-badged so know one knows wtf i am driving or they think its some new STI. lol yes ive had that a few times.

i guess its priceless when a guy in his Boxster S looks over and you are pulling on him with a car that resembles a camry.

im stg 2 now so the sound gives something away but i still dont get revved on.

i think when you slap on the tint and lower the car, no matter what rims you may have, people start looking at your car a little different. then i added the wheels and grill. i added stickers. however, my stickers were for business and though it made me stick out like a sore thumb, i also remained incognito because most people thought i was a camry (debadged) with tint and huge work graphics. i try hard not to race around town and drive only 5 mph over the limit so i don't draw more attention to myself. now i've got a Brembo BBK, STI wheels, a full TBE, etc. i get noticed, however i think the cops know who i am and just don't pay much attention to me anymore. i drive by the cop shop 2-5 times a day, even with my dark tint, they just seem to not pay notice (though i have a doc's note for my tint jic). occassionally someone will pull up next to me at a light and check out the car, but i think it's more or less trying to figure out what it is than trying to race. only the little hondas try to race, but now they don't since most of them have seen me at the track running 12's this summer. instead, while i'm at work, they will stop by the kiosk and say, "hey, you got that 12 sec legacy right?? that thing is HOT!" and i smile and wave.

when i drive our stock 07 STI, no tint, no anything, all of a sudden everyone wants to rev their engine or the trucks want to "race" to the next light. :rolleyes:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Richard B. ..... where in the hell do you live?... So I can avoid that place like the plague!... :lol:

mukilteo wa

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=mukilteo+wa&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl]mukilteo wa - Google Maps[/ame]

mukilteo itself is fine. normally...saw a pickup trying to race a boxster around a corner once. boxster sped up and let the truck catch-up then he left the truck behind again. i lied. i can see a stop light from my window and i see stupid people racing all the time from it.

coming into mukilteo one time at night 4 cars were in the right hand lane and i was doing 75-80 in the left when some mini van jumped out in front of me from the 4 cars and stayed right at 65. then he tried racing when i went to pass.

I think people don't try anything with me because I'm a girl, or they don't know what the heck my car is. There aren't a lot of LGTs in KC.

It's weird though because I have tinted tail lights, head lights and windows. Maybe I just need to add some gold wheels to the mix.

I did just put a kcsubaru.com sticker on my back window this weekend, so we'll see what happens. :lol:

ever had an Excursion trying to race?

Absolutely.

If you live where I live, you'll realize that a lot of jack-hats in their lifted SUVs and trucks will rev on you. Ignore them.

i will tell you though...i have lots and lots of similar stories. 95% of them have 1 thing in common. pos buckets and people in their 40's. guys mostly. almost always an older guy.

Same here, although I don't play along with their little game. Lately, I've been lucky and it's been the stereotypical soccer mom or the little blond that's overcompensating for something and driving a ridiculously lifted truck that is cleaner on the undercarriage than the outside of my car. Situations like that make my wife and I laugh, especially when we have our two Labradors in the back and our bikes mounted to the roof.

[sarcasm] Sure, I wanna race... [/sarcasm]

when i drive our stock 07 STI, no tint, no anything, all of a sudden everyone wants to rev their engine or the trucks want to "race" to the next light. :rolleyes:

Which is why I went after the legacy instead.. but having worked at a Subaru dealership and driving a Legacy home from the mall best 20 min drive ever!!!

actually i have put on an intake and turboback exhaust, tinted tails and windows, eyelids, grill, ravspec carbonfibre lip spoiler... and people still say....why did he put on a Blow off valve on a non turbo car (i am not joking about this, a moron who lives in the same building as me said exactly that)

my gf has had a bmw try "racing" her. she hasn't told me about other things. i am sure there is more.

I have people rev on me and try to race me all the time, its kind of amusing. Oddly enough I had even more people do that when I was driving my N/A Sedan. With the wagon I usually just get a thumbs up or a peace sign b.c people like it for some reason. I would say it is still kind of a sleeper just because its a wagon, but not really lol. What do you think?

http://amykdean.com/albums/September-07/3_G.sized.jpg

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

I have people rev on me and try to race me all the time, its kind of amusing. Oddly enough I had even more people do that when I was driving my N/A Sedan. With the wagon I usually just get a thumbs up or a peace sign b.c people like it for some reason. I would say it is still kind of a sleeper just because its a wagon, but not really lol. What do you think?

That's just plain bad ass! That's why I want wheels so bad, cause it just finishes the car off so well.

Does this Qualify as "Murdered Out" ?

now its fit for Rob and Big..

ok back on topic.. Man my silencer delete and CBE kind of kill the sleeper power of my car but some people may just think I'm some asshat that put a cbe on some grocery getter so maybe its still a sleeper

Archived