LegacyGT.com

The Official NY Capital Area Thread

korpsepatrol

i will be heading to tuning alliance(mike) for my dyno tune. If not i would probably go to the shop in ct.

I have heard alot of good things about efi logics, just too rich for my blood.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are expensive. However they aren't charging by the hour like most shops. I think once you get into unique setups (fuel system, turbos, e85, aftermarket ebcs) the tuning can get complicated and time consuming.

Also the way I see it - I spend thousands on parts, I should spend a couple hundred more to make sure the whole thing doesn't grenade and I have to part the sucker out and weep for days.

I have heard good things about tuning alliance and the esp dyno. A few people I know with Saabs are going there in a month.

Yeah i have had my last two cars done by mike from TA and they have been great! I will be probably going with mrplow sometime soon to get my tune done there.

R.I.P Coxx

K so i just confirmed the tune this afternoon

Wed April 7th at THE SHOP in CT, we are looking to be there at 10:30-11am so he can fit us all. He will be calling me back to see if we can fit any more.

The list is at 4

1) me

2) mr plow

3) kholmes

4) chris (kholmes' friend)

Mad montie this is a list of people who are going to get tunes at THE SHOP.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1895885

Originally it was just me and mrplow cause we both are going to need some tunes then kholmes expressed interest. Now its up to 4. My friend who owns my old 06 LGT is also coming with us just to cruise down to ct with us. So right now we are looking at a caravan of 5 people.

R.I.P Coxx

Pretty excited about this! This should motivate me to do new plugs.

Doesn't look like I'll get all the parts for the 18g in before this. Still looking forward to getting a protune and dyno readouts for the car. I just picked up a KStech intake and tuning for it remotely has left the car feeling rough.

April 7th? Damn, I doubt I'll have my downpipe by then. The test pipe is only gonna get released next week and then it'll be sometime after that. Even if I do happen to get it before then, it would probably be just before and I"d still have to install the entire exhaust system

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/legacy-plus-wrx-day-shop-133577.html

well you will see now that they are closing the place down for us so its gonna be pretty sweet with a caravan from albany going down, RdiggA will be joining us as well just to hang out so its going to be a mini meet at the rate its going!

Madmontie, which dp are you waiting for?

R.I.P Coxx

ERZ is making a catted downpipe for the 5EAT. The expectation is that the test pipe would be sent out to m sprank in CA at the end of this coming week/beginning of the following week. Which would mean if all goes perfectly, they'll only start mass producing the pipe at the beginning of April...

Threw on Korpsepatrol's catback today. Invidia Quad-tipped=me=jealous. Was able to re-align mine a bit more with the poly-exhaust hangers and it made it 100%. Really excited about going to CT even though its just for a stage 2 pro-tune. Maybe further down the line when I have another dd, I might go nuts on the car but for now I don't need any problems for the sake of a few more bhps.

yeah thanks again! The bumper is melting though from the tips i guess i have to get regular sized poly hangers for everything since the rubber ones keep swaying into the bumper.

R.I.P Coxx

yeah freddy has quite the setup going on there.

I will be sticking to stage 2 till i get a dd. Once that happens... yep Dom 2.5r for this guy!

R.I.P Coxx

You too Fred!

I've actually already got a vf40 core shipped to Bryan from BNR Supercars and I'm hoping to have an 18g/td05h from him in the next two weeks give or take a few days. Still looking for good deals on injectors or a walbro to complete the setup.

ERZ is making a catted downpipe for the 5EAT. The expectation is that the test pipe would be sent out to m sprank in CA at the end of this coming week/beginning of the following week. Which would mean if all goes perfectly, they'll only start mass producing the pipe at the beginning of April...

Montie, I'm in on the ERZ DP purchase. I'm an old newb who spends time working to make $$ for someone with tools/skills to do the wrench/torch-work.

If I may ask, are you doing your own work?

The rest of you folks: any recommendations for a local wrench-man? I work in Albany and live near Saratoga.

See you in the left lane of 87,

Mike

I'm thinking about it. Exhausts are just bolts and gaskets and there's a pretty good walkthrough for the upipie install. I dont see the complete system as being all that difficult.

I've got a jack and a set of jack stands and the LGT is not my daily driver so I'll probably make a day of it and if I need to stop for any reason due to bolts/gaskets I can do so. I'm getting a catback as well (probably cxlighting off ebay) and if I need to bring it all to a muffler shop for final adjustements I will.

Hdturbo, what do you need to have installed?

Madmontie, the exhaust is a simple install however the up pipe is more tedious than difficult. It takes anywhere from 3 hours to 6 if you run into problems and take it slow.

When you do the up you will want to do the dp at the same time as well. If you do all the cbe, dp and up it will prob be the best bet since that way you can drop the dp and cbe at the same time to save you that bit of work. Make sure you get and use all OEM gaskets for the up and dp work.

R.I.P Coxx

Hdturbo, what do you need to have installed?

Madmontie, the exhaust is a simple install however the up pipe is more tedious than difficult. It takes anywhere from 3 hours to 6 if you run into problems and take it slow.

When you do the up you will want to do the dp at the same time as well. If you do all the cbe, dp and up it will prob be the best bet since that way you can drop the dp and cbe at the same time to save you that bit of work. Make sure you get and use all OEM gaskets for the up and dp work.

Thanks for the replies, MM and KP. I'm hoping for the DP from the GB and to include an UP and CBE, perhaps the deal from the DP GB at one of the vendors going along from Thomas at ERZ: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/erz-cnt-5eat-catted-down-131614p11.html

I'd want a comprehensive install for my wagon. Despite MM's confidence in the ease of install, I maintain I'm weak in the wrenching department. KHolmes kindly provided some guidance via PM and I've got options, but welcome other input and wouldn't mind giving bidness to reputable local mechanics, shade-tree or otherwise. Also wouldn't mind meeting local enthusiasts - you can learn stuff from everyone.

In other news, I realized my recent 06 SpecB purchase included a Borla CBE and not simply the Borla exhaust tips - yay me! Thanks for catering to the noOb. /Mike

this sounds like we should set up an upcoming group install day :-)

I just ordered my UP and CBE today. Gotta set it all down and see what extraneous gaskets/tools I'm gonna need.

I'm thinking a weekend towards the end of the month will probably be when I'd be looking at getting this all in. I dont expect the DP for another 2 weeks or so

Archived