LegacyGT.com

The Official NY Capital Area Thread

korpsepatrol

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
I got all mine in! Your AVO TMIC likes its new home...I'm in the middle if getting tuned by Infamous as we speak. Definitely wouldn't mind helping out and/or meeting up. 8 hrs under my car installing my Stage 2 parts gave me some good insight...

Nice! Glad to hear it's getting a proper tune as well. Putting a better IC on makes a huge difference, esp with a real tune.

Anything stage 1, 2, 3 related I can help with. Also if anyone is interested in logging their runs, installing a wideband etc. I can provide assistance. It's a great way to learn about your engine and perhaps save it from an early demise :eek:

I'd like to hit a dyno in late August or Sept. if anyone is interested?

holmes let me know i gotta install my sway bars too. Do you need a work place or do you have one?

Well I can offer up the parking lot of the company I work for in Delmar. There's shade on 1/3 of it till about 1pm. Enough to park 5-6 cars under with room to move around. On the non-shade areas we can fit more cars. We also have a wimpy gas grill :) Get started early around 8am and there's five hours till the heat sets in..

I'd like to keep it low-key if we do it there, so no more than perhaps 5 cars in total, people just gotta stay respectful as families live in that area.

We could also do an install and then a cruse somewhere?

Thanks Holmes and Montie1. While I'd be up for a meet, I wouldn't envision the imposition of install expectation, certainly not the rigor of a S2 install. I'm sure Montie has had his fill of that. I'm working on finding someone local or DImyself with my bother's assistance...Once I'm race ready, I know some fun roads around Saratoga to enjoy, and my Weber is always ready to grill...

• 2 weeks later...
Just spotted a darker color LGT w/ gunmetal/polished lip wheels on Balltown Rd, turning onto Consaul Rd. I was in the silver LGT. You/He gave me big thumbs up, and I beeped twice.

Might be dbrune if he is still in the area.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

• 2 weeks later...
Might be dbrune if he is still in the area.

You ever put those sway bars in? I have a set of rallitek's I need to install along with the trans mount.

Also is anyone interested in doing a dyno day and a cruise some time in the fall perhaps?

I'm think about doing some sways, not sure what to get but I've seen a lot of recent posts about the Whitelines with positive reviews. Just gotta be sure I dont go too big, I've got a 3" exhaust on the rear and I know certain combinations have problems, just havent had time to troll all the postings to do the research

I have a 3" exhaust, and the Whitelines don't interfere at all. They're only 20mm in the rear, whereas some others are up to 25mm.

I have the non-adjustable. If I could do it over again, I'd get the adjustable. I'm considering getting it and selling my non-adjustable. If there's any interest, I'll pull the trigger pretty soon lol.

If anyone's interested... I have a track event at Monticello in a couple weeks, August 30th. I think it's a Monday, but if anyone's interested in checking it out it's worth it. You can get ride-alongs with instructors and such, great way to get into it. It'd be nice to have other LGT's out there. At my last event, the only other Jap cars were an Evo and an NSX. But I also mostly track w/ the BMWCCA.

Sounds like fun Cossey. Unfortunately I'm going to be out of the country at the end of August and into September. I was hoping to do my suspension and sway bars before that but it's not looking very likely.

October 23rd, which is a Saturday there's an event at Lime Rock Park. It's a little bit closer than Monticello as well, but they're not allowing novices to run. I'm one track day away from going from Intermediate to Advanced, so I'll be set.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Locals.

Like a dead zone here...So, I've got both my LGTs stage 2 Infamous tuned so I'm a menace on the Clifton Park Speedway from Exit 13 on down, weekdays after 7:45AM (PM hours vary). It is THE worst piece of road for 3rd lane ignorance on the east coast.

KHolmes, hope you're work travels were safe. Montie - how's the Stage 2? Let's consider a meet/install when the FBP sways are rolled out.

vruum...

DSC06532.thumb.jpg.ad618ac531fbcb0b564ec4398e18d37e.jpg

Car looks great!

Things have been going well for me.

Leak testing my FMIC and have a few issues there. I got most of them sorted out and found so much torque that my clutch is now completely shot. The new turbo comes on really hard around 3300 RPM. I have a Clutch Masters 300 and single mass WRX flywheel on the way to fix the slipping.

I've been taking EFI cert. classes and tuning my own LGT recently along with my Dad's Outback XT. I have a 38mm EWG setup to install when I get the time. Still haven't done my suspension work so that also needs to happen soon. The engine has outgrown the suspension and tires. Last night I got on 787 with the slipping clutch and the car started to head sideways in 2nd :redface: It was fun but sloppy and not fun to keep a handle on.

I picked up a nice tailpipe mounted wideband to do road tuning if anyone wants to check their AFR etc and make sure everything's safe.

Spotted a silver Legacy that looked lowered with no spoiler and a roof rack on 890 exiting onto 146 at around 5:30 tonight. Anyone here?

I get off everyday at the 146 exit of 890, but I has spoiler and no roof rack lol.

I'm down for a meet anytime soon, while it's still decent. Anyone wanna hit up a Fridays, Five Guys, something of that nature soon? I'm free every weekend except for the 24th-26th due to a Monticello track day and two days at Watkins Glen.

HDTurbo- You're preaching to the choir. It seems on this stretch of 87, there's no "fast" or "slow" lanes. Just pick a lane and do whatever speed you want. I can't stand being in the right lane doing 72mph and passing people.

Hey, thanks, Kevin. Sounds like you're on your way to being capital-lands premiere tuner; nice you can work with your dad on that project.

Cossey - nearly 30 years of Northway driving and I see very few fellow choir members there. Thinking of getting a "Jesus Keeps Right" sticker...

Archived