LegacyGT.com

The Official NY Capital Area Thread

korpsepatrol

Oh yeah! It will be... ;)

How are all of the cars running?

The LGT is running great. I put the VF52 on it and got it tuned, and it feels like a whole different car. Only problem I ran into is that the heads in the car don't flow well enough, so I get compressor surge down low. Sooo I'm upgrading the heads, cams, and valvetrain before winter.

911 has a bad boost control solenoid and is leaking meth. That should be fixed later this week along with getting a new intake plenum and airbox which should help put me over the 600whp mark.

The R34 is sitting pretty in the garage, runs and drives fine. Starting to order parts for the big winter build for the car, in which case the car will be a MONSTER when it's done. GT42R, E98, meth injection, built motor and head... 900whp should be obtainable.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The LGT is running great. I put the VF52 on it and got it tuned, and it feels like a whole different car. Only problem I ran into is that the heads in the car don't flow well enough, so I get compressor surge down low. Sooo I'm upgrading the heads, cams, and valvetrain before winter.

911 has a bad boost control solenoid and is leaking meth. That should be fixed later this week along with getting a new intake plenum and airbox which should help put me over the 600whp mark.

The R34 is sitting pretty in the garage, runs and drives fine. Starting to order parts for the big winter build for the car, in which case the car will be a MONSTER when it's done. GT42R, E98, meth injection, built motor and head... 900whp should be obtainable.

Unbelievable... I'm not going to lie, I'm completely jealous! I couldn't imagine driving a 900whp r34 or a 600whp 911! The LGT is just so outclassed in your garage... It's cool that you're keeping it around and working on it still! :)

Unbelievable... I'm not going to lie, I'm completely jealous! I couldn't imagine driving a 900whp r34 or a 600whp 911! The LGT is just so outclassed in your garage... It's cool that you're keeping it around and working on it still! :)

The LGT is the funnest car in my stable, hands down. The 911 is blisteringly fast.. The R34 is good for looks (as of now) and novelty, it's cool to drive. The LGT is fun all over the place. It handles the best (well, to be fair it's the only car I feel comfortable enough in to hammer through turns) and still puts a huge smile on my face.

The LGT is the funnest car in my stable, hands down. The 911 is blisteringly fast.. The R34 is good for looks (as of now) and novelty, it's cool to drive. The LGT is fun all over the place. It handles the best (well, to be fair it's the only car I feel comfortable enough in to hammer through turns) and still puts a huge smile on my face.

Makes sense... :)

Here's some of the pics I took this weekend. I broke my camera. Effing rain. =(

9-26-09... practice, qualifying, and a ~35min race.

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=12656

9-27-09... Wet enduro (1+hr) race

http://shift518.gom-host.com/showthread.php?t=12675

The 77JP car is a good friend of mine (Jesse Clark). He set the lap record for JP class, and in the enduro, he got 1st overall, beating several cars in higher classes. Great weekend.

Great pictures. Your LGT is looking good. Sucks about the camera, though...

Thanks. That JDM front end worked wonders lol. I'm scared of hitting anything.... So I bought a winter beater. 93 Audi S4 FTW.

The cam is now fixed kinda. Screen is a little bit messed up. I'm gonna send it back to Canon and see if they can fix it.

Haha... an S4 as a "winter beater". Nice. :)

I definitely like the JDM front...

What Canon do you have?

For a 93, that thing is the titties lol.

Heated seats front and rear

Real Carbon interior trim (only came on 93's)

Bose audio... In which every speaker has it's own amplifier. Problem is it's on a cassette player

Projector headlights for fogs and low beams

Oh, oh... And.....

There was an original Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch CD and case in one of the door pockets. CD is in mint condition, and I played it yesterday in my friend's truck lol.

My Canon is a Digital Rebel XSi.

I may upgrade to a 50D sometime over winter if I feel up to it.

Also, if you guys aren't doing anything Sunday 10/4, Shift518.com is doing a cruise up through the Adirondacks to Long Lake and back. We're meeting at 9am sharp in the Sears parking lot at Wilton Mall. Heading out at 9:15, with an estimated time of 6hrs for the whole event. Any one of you is invited, and bring anyone else. Just no dick driving, we (or at least I lol) just want a relaxing cruise. I may be bringing out the R34, but I'm not sure yet.

^^

The car sounds sweet... I won't hold the fact that there was a Marky Mark CD in there against it. ;)

I wish I could do the cruise but this weekend I'll be painting the GF's mom's living room...

Anyone want to try to get together somewhere some weeknight next week? Maybe a quick parking lot meetup and some food?

i am down, i just gotta get my car up to snuff since i am still fixing any chips from the travels. I need to find a trunk without a damn spoiler too.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

i am down, i just gotta get my car up to snuff since i am still fixing any chips from the travels. I need to find a trunk without a damn spoiler too.

If you find two, let me know. ;)

A couple months ago I mentioned to my coworker that I want her trunk without the spoiler when she trades her car in. (Which she'll probably be doing this month, since her car is 3 years old now... and she trades them in every 3 years.) She said okay but I can only hope that she took me seriously and that she remembers.

When did you get a spec b??? You put that crooked tmic on here? Haha jk. Congrats tho

Lol i will never live that down! I got it on 9/11 actually flew out to boise idaho and drove it back! Just got a dp and i am gonna wait till i get a cbe and fmic to do my installs.

R.I.P Coxx

George, do you plan on upgrading the turbo to something different from the stock location?

I have the Perrin TMIC w/ a VF52 turbo and I couldn't be happier. Only issue is some compressor surge down low due to the turbo flowing too much for our heads. Might be doing cams/valvesprings/retainers/porting soon.

I am planning on a Fmic w/a td06 18g or 20g once i have teh cash. However for now i am trying to see if i can just get a fmic with a vf39 and then step it up after i save up for the fueling and such.

First i gotta do my tranny stuff like the bushings, sts, mounts. Coming from my 5mt which i put all of those on this transmission feels so sloppy.

R.I.P Coxx

I am planning on a Fmic w/a td06 18g or 20g once i have teh cash. However for now i am trying to see if i can just get a fmic with a vf39 and then step it up after i save up for the fueling and such.

First i gotta do my tranny stuff like the bushings, sts, mounts. Coming from my 5mt which i put all of those on this transmission feels so sloppy.

Ahh ok.

I put a Kartboy STS w/ bushings in and it feels great so far. I've only been driving around town with it, but I have a track day at Lime Rock on the 17th, so we'll see how everything goes. I need to put my Carbotech's on and bed them in on the 16th. It'll be so nice having two sets of pads, one specifically for track use.

• 2 months later...

Archived