LegacyGT.com

Sneak Preview....Wagon box @Wicked CAS

SUPERBU

Well the photo is deciving. I have the tray slid over. Normally its bent up in the corner cause I cant bring myself to cut it..

I Have thought of taking that right hand "board" out, and using the tray instead, but that would still lock the tray in there, and that makes getting dog hair off it hard.

So until I decide what Im doing, itll sit like this, bent out of the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my 2nd package from Cas - They called me to tell me they got the grills that they were out of stock on when I ordered it. They sent me a Grill and extra bolt since I couldnt find it in the huge vast box of peanuts

Wanted to make a note of the *EXCELLENT* customer service they have!

100% recommended!

• 1 month later...

Wicked CAS for the wagon still available...price still $299? I want the Alpine Type-E 10" sub. Will this fit? I didn't see the depth dimension and not sure how much clearance is required.

What can I say...gotta save some cash the Type E is only $79. Plus I'm an Alpine fan.

Wicked CAS for the wagon still available...price still $299? I want the Alpine Type-E 10" sub. Will this fit? I didn't see the depth dimension and not sure how much clearance is required.

What can I say...gotta save some cash the Type E is only $79. Plus I'm an Alpine fan.

I know the 10w6 will fit. I am sure type-E will be OK.

Still available at the price you quoted.

• 3 weeks later...
I know the 10w6 will fit. I am sure type-E will be OK.

Still available at the price you quoted.

Ahhh ran into a major issue with the Alpine Type S. I guess I am the Alpine guinea pig.

The mounting design did not work well for the case as air kept escaping and caused a lot of rattling.

When I swaped out for a JL 10w1 (4 Ohm) the problem was fixed. The Alpine mounting ring just did not set properly. Had to do an exchange.

I would highly recommend sticking with the JL Audio sub's to avoid this problem. There's still the gap at the back of about 1 inch but otherwise okay. Also find the carpet to be almost an exact match and better than the vinyl.

Any chance I can still get the grille? Now that I have the JL Sub can really use it.

Ahhh ran into a major issue with the Alpine Type S. I guess I am the Alpine guinea pig.

The mounting design did not work well for the case as air kept escaping and caused a lot of rattling.

When I swaped out for a JL 10w1 (4 Ohm) the problem was fixed. The Alpine mounting ring just did not set properly. Had to do an exchange.

I would highly recommend sticking with the JL Audio sub's to avoid this problem. There's still the gap at the back of about 1 inch but otherwise okay. Also find the carpet to be almost an exact match and better than the vinyl.

Any chance I can still get the grille? Now that I have the JL Sub can really use it.

I will be happy to send you a grille. Just give us a call and i will take your info again.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Yup they are still available. They are made to order. I attached a couple of photos of when we were making the first prototypes so you can see the volume comparison. The OB may have a little more internal volume due to the contour of the space.

Wicked CAS used my GT and my wife's OB.

1701115215_lgtsm.thumb.jpg.258db408ef58ab1f8d1f9452eb19b72e.jpg

1747883419_Moldsm.thumb.jpg.8d36bc763aeb52fe1cdf56e22a5278d7.jpg

You know after I did all that work I realized you were asking if the 08 Outback was the same.:lol:

Man I need to go to bed.

I believe it's the same up until the drastic body change that was just released.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived