LegacyGT.com

Sneak Preview....Wagon box @Wicked CAS

SUPERBU

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi James and Nazar, do you guys ship to Australia? I would be very keen on a black one, can get without sub to make the weight/shipping easier and fit a sub once over here to make it easier?

James, i'll send you a PM also! thanks!

hey guys. sorry your having problems with this. we havent notice it. we will look into it and see what we can find

James/Nazar, have you guys found out why the two of us have a gap at the top of the box on our enclosures? After measuring my gap, it is closer to 1/2 an inch. Are there any tricks we need to know about to get this box to fit better? Thanks in advance.

sorry for the delay in answering guys, Nazar is in Vegas so i'd had to follow up on all forums this week.

As for the bolt not being long enough, you can't use the factory bolt, you need to remove the factory bolt and use a longer bolt which should have been provided for you (check around in the peanuts in the box, it might have fallen off), it's about an inch and a half to 2 inches long and has a 5mm hex head on it. And for running the wire, there is a small plastic "cap" i believe right where the terminal cup should sit up against, remove that and fish your wire through there.

Now for the issue of the gap... Our glass shop produced 2 of these boxes incorrectly, luckily we caught it on an in-house install and gave them back to the shop and they scrapped them and sprayed new ones for us. It seems like the issue your mentioning is the same problem, but we're actually measuring these before they leave the shop now, are you bolting it in snug? And does it seem like it could be how far down the vinyl is wrapped over the back that's stopping it? Let me know, we really want these to go smoothly for you guys.

sorry for the delay in answering guys, Nazar is in Vegas so i'd had to follow up on all forums this week.

As for the bolt not being long enough, you can't use the factory bolt, you need to remove the factory bolt and use a longer bolt which should have been provided for you (check around in the peanuts in the box, it might have fallen off), it's about an inch and a half to 2 inches long and has a 5mm hex head on it. And for running the wire, there is a small plastic "cap" i believe right where the terminal cup should sit up against, remove that and fish your wire through there.

Now for the issue of the gap... Our glass shop produced 2 of these boxes incorrectly, luckily we caught it on an in-house install and gave them back to the shop and they scrapped them and sprayed new ones for us. It seems like the issue your mentioning is the same problem, but we're actually measuring these before they leave the shop now, are you bolting it in snug? And does it seem like it could be how far down the vinyl is wrapped over the back that's stopping it? Let me know, we really want these to go smoothly for you guys.

James,

In reference to your question about bolting in snug. Mine is bolted in as snug as I can get and I still have 1/4" -1/2" gap at the top. the tighter the bolt goes, the more it seems to move away from the top, creating the gap. The vinyl doesn't seem to be the problem. It is barely making contact near the back of the car or near the right rear fender. Let me know what you think.:)

I'll talk to Nazar about "borrowing" a car from the Subaru dealership right down the road from us and test fit one we have here, i wonder if the plastics are slightly different from different year models. Though i doubt it, we modeled this off of our buddy's 07, i wonder if something changed from the 05. He's back in the shop tomorrow morning and i will definitely bring this to his attention.

Well it fits damn near perfectly (or at least as close as I care to look) in my 05 so that kinda rules that out

And what if an over zealous father threw out the box that probably contained the bolt i need? :(

Whats the length x pitch? I can get one from the home depot!

Mine is an 05 as well. It doesnt seem like the Vinyl has anything to do with it. My box is snug and even got a rubber mallet and tapped the inside of the box before I bolted it in. There is such a gap that I can see where the vinyl stops on the backside and it isnt touching the the plastic at all. Let me know what you guys can find out.

Mine is an 05 as well. It doesnt seem like the Vinyl has anything to do with it. My box is snug and even got a rubber mallet and tapped the inside of the box before I bolted it in. There is such a gap that I can see where the vinyl stops on the backside and it isnt touching the the plastic at all. Let me know what you guys can find out.

Mine is identical to Integroid's.

*****UPDATE*******

Ok, today I took off work to install my new DLS UP6 front speakers and to take a better look at the box. Well, I took all the panels out, re-ran the speaker wire and looked real closely at where the speaker wire connects in relation to what would be the best place to run the speaker wire out to the box. Well, I decided to take out the silver latch that I guess is used for the cargo net? There is a black cover and then just a phillips head screw and the latch lifts out. Took that out and ran the speker wire under all the panels and out of the hole where the latch was. Put everything back together and the gap went from 1/2 an inch to about 1/8-1/16 of an inch. The gap is so small now that I wouldnt even complain about it anymore. I hope this helps.

Nazar/James - Maybe you should post some basic instructions with pics so people that live out of state can have a better understanding of installing this beautiful box.

Well, I just looked at the box in the daylight. There is still a gap and I would say it is closer to 1/8 th of any inch rather than 1/16th of an inch. Doesnt look bad and much better than it did before but still a small gap:(

Archived