LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 335xi.... some thoughts.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry, forgot sway bars and some other pieces

price was probably lower than what you would pay for bmw's 'sport/performance' pack - and if anything, car handles amazing - no other word for it - I don't think a car can handle better - except of course for something like a ferrari f430 with 5 way traction control etc

so yeah, for the price of 335i's 'packs', you can make your own pack that blows it in the water

imo...yeah.

one is factory and warranty the other is a bunch of chooped up stuff thrown onto a car.

you dont piece a car like a high end stereo.

after all the parts and labor how much did you spend on that suspension?

so yeah, for the price of 335i's 'packs', you can make your own pack that blows it in the water

let me help you out before losing any more credibility by bench racing. I owned a heavily modded LGT. I've also drive a buddy's Vishnu tuned 335i. No contest.

and keep in mind....the SRT4 is still t3h f45t3r! :lol:

no and hardly, but a Vishnu tuned 335is makes a modded LGT seem like a cobbled together car.

Now THAT's funny. There is nothing that you can say or show me that would ever make that true....maybe if you were talking about a 911 turbo...but not a 335 no way possible.

Rehab is for quitters.

i have a gt30r'd + meth + suspension + wheels + sound system + etc......etc.....etc.......legacy

my cousin has a simple 2006 alpine white 335 with 19"dpe wheels, kw v2 suspension and the procede piggyback

my car can obviously outperform his in every way but if you think i wouldnt choose the 335 over the legacy you must be kidding yourself

perhaps you missed the point then....someone said a modded LGT > a 335is. This logic is never good.....a modded SRT4 is faster than all but there's a reason some of us chose LGTs. Same goes for a 335i....the car is a level above the LGT in all ways and is a good starting point in the same way an LGT is above a WRX.

Now THAT's funny. There is nothing that you can say or show me that would ever make that true....maybe if you were talking about a 911 turbo...but not a 335 no way possible.

where are our pics of the super duper 3series?

Bad light late today, but here are a few. I'll try for some better pics tomorrow.:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5352/angeleyesuv8.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7857/clusterun0.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6382/consolepl4.jpg

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7611/frontcornerzw0.jpg

yes. but my penis is still bigger.

still waiting pics of the new ride. wonder how much snow tires are going to cost

The stock 18" rims are staggered, 8.5 in back, 8 up front, so fitting snow tires is kind of a drag...

I think I'm going to buy a set of 17" rims from tire rack / a set of Dunlop 3Ds for winter. It's going to be about $1500. Bleh.

Now that I've put a few more miles on the car: I still haven't been able to dial the driver's seat in properly. I think I'm being too aggressive with the lumbar and side bolsters. It feels like a glove when you first get in, but after an hour or so, it becomes too constricting. We'll see, but I'm gonna be pretty ******* pissed if I can't find the sweet spot.

Also, the run flats that come with the sport package ride really stiffly, and have a lot of road noise. I plan on taking them off and setting them aside to put back on at the end of the lease term.

One would think that you would make sure you can sit comfortably in the car before you buy it, no?

^ "It feels like a glove when you first get in, but after an hour or so, it becomes too constricting."

I've never sat in a car's driver seat for an hour straight before buying it. Have you?

they totally ruined the look of the 3 series (and most of current bmws for that matter) - and even though looks are subjective, most people would agree with me

I don't think so... I think all of the new BMW's are hot... some have a few quirks... and only 1 is ugly... (the one series)...

And BMW's sales don't agree with you either. All of the models shot up in sales after their redesigns.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think so... I think all of the new BMW's are hot... some have a few quirks... and only 1 is ugly... (the one series)...

And BMW's sales don't agree with you either. All of the models shot up in sales after their redesigns.

I'm not in love with a lot of the Bangle designs, but the 335i coupe in black is teh sex.

they totally ruined the look of the wrx (and most of current subarus for that matter) - and even though looks are subjective, most people would agree with me

FYP

J/K, but it read just like something right out of the NASIOC forums.

;)

bmw sales? you mean their leases?

their badge and car underneath makes up for ruined design

Archived