LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 335xi.... some thoughts.

Yeah, the LGT is not the roomiest car for the exterior size. I still don't understand why people get so worked up to compare the LGT and the 335i. There not in the same class in performance and price. The LGT is a great car under $35K. The 335 is a great car for under $50K.

Out of all the cars out there, the 335xi is probably the most logical progression for suby owners who cannot get anything better than a LGT Spec B because Subaru won't bring over the damn STI version.

I do think BMWs are over priced, but hey... if people keep buying them... I can't blame them for jacking up the prices.

The LGT is an under $30K car. That's a $20K and probably closer to $25K difference.

For what it is, the Spec.B is really quite nicely priced and so is the LGT for that matter in the scheme of the universe.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These chest puffing threads suck....IMO I the LGT is a better value simply put.

OK great, if you hate these threads so much why do you participate in them?

You do realize this is the other vehicles vs. the Legacy section of the site right?

You have your opinion, other people have theirs. Personally given a choice between the 335i or 335xi vs. the Legacy or Spec B, I would pick the 335i or xi every time given that both cars were within my budget. I will wager that most people that can afford a 335i or 335xi would buy one over the LGT/Spec B, because the 335i is the better car. It should be as it costs more.

OK great, if you hate these threads so much why do you participate in them?

You do realize this is the other vehicles vs. the Legacy section of the site right?

You have your opinion, other people have theirs. Personally given a choice between the 335i or 335xi vs. the Legacy or Spec B, I would pick the 335i or xi every time given that both cars were within my budget. I will wager that most people that can afford a 335i or 335xi would buy one over the LGT/Spec B, because the 335i is the better car. It should be as it costs more.

I don't vote democrat but I still vote in the election....

I would probabaly not buy a 335 if I could afford one...I would buy a C4 (used of course).... . AND an LGT....

Rehab is for quitters.

I don't vote democrat but I still vote in the election....

I would probabaly not buy a 335 if I could afford one...I would buy a C4 (used of course).... . AND an LGT....

Well at least you don't vote for Democrats. Makes you A-OK in my book.:lol:

Its just funny that most of these guys who have never driven the "other" car are the first to chime in that the legacy is the greatest, fastest most super dooper car in the world!

Not too long ago I worked for a BMW dealership. I have driven the "other" car, and prefer it over the Legacy hands down except for the price tag.

I've owned a 335i since Feb. this year, which replaced my LGT. The 335 is far more superior in all respects: power, handling, quality of the materials, etc. In two words, it's a dream car and the one I'm fully content with. As to the size: I have not noticed any "downsizing " coming from the LGT. In fact, the interior feels more spacious (the car is objectively wider). The LGT has a longer body, but not a bigger enterior space.

I've owned a 335i since Feb. this year, which replaced my LGT. The 335 is far more superior in all respects: power, handling, quality of the materials, etc. In two words, it's a dream car and the one I'm fully content with.

Hmmmm........ Sounds like a Spec.B.

Its just funny that most of these guys who have never driven the "other" car are the first to chime in that the legacy is the greatest, fastest most super dooper car in the world!

Get real. We have an affinity for our cars....If it comes down to spending 51k or 28k on an LGT, it's an easy decision for me. I will bank the cash and have a similiar performing car...

I don't think there is anywhere on this thread that will state the LGT is the greatest, fastest car in the world.

Rehab is for quitters.

Hmmmm........ Sounds like a Spec.B.

Not really. Go test drive a stock 335i and you will see the difference immediately. An additional point: 335's twin turbo engine has been purportedly underrated by BMW to have 300HP. Numerous tests have confirmed that the car actually has more HP and more torque than stated in the papers. And for $1300, you can get a PROcede piggy-back chip (Vishu Tuning) that will turn the car into a direct RS4 competitor in the drag racing.

As to the 5-series: I test drove one (530i) and was not impressed -- too big, quiet, and smooth for my taste. e90 has a perfect size.

Archived