LegacyGT.com

The XO2 Catback Thread

gone2vegas

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone own this exhaust around a heavy snow area? How is the ground clearance on this compared to say the autospeed which seems to stay up there.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Hmm..high is not bad since like i said, heavy snow falls and you got those 1-2 ft little lumps of snow and salt that you gotta run through and who knows what might be in that lump. I don't want crap knocking on my exhaust or warping it some how. Or am i just being paranoid?

R.I.P Coxx

In fact i like the way the megan racing hangs, just don't want a loud exhaust, i want a deep rumble not a fart can. I heard the x02 and it seems pretty good in that respect.

R.I.P Coxx

I think xo2 sounds 10x better then megan, and i hate the dual tips but thats a personal opinion. I doubt the snow would have a bad effect on either exhaust. Gotta go slow in heavy snow anyway so im sure no serious damage will be done. Im not worried and im up in NH right now

Hmm..high is not bad since like i said, heavy snow falls and you got those 1-2 ft little lumps of snow and salt that you gotta run through and who knows what might be in that lump. I don't want crap knocking on my exhaust or warping it some how. Or am i just being paranoid?

By too high I meant some have clearance issues with sways and such.

In fact i like the way the megan racing hangs, just don't want a loud exhaust, i want a deep rumble not a fart can. I heard the x02 and it seems pretty good in that respect.

I definately wouldn't say the MR exhaust sounds llike a fart can, with the oem dp it is very quiet with only a low boxer rumble when on it. I think you are maybe hearing setups with headers and full catless TBE, then they tend to sound raspy but thats expected.

Thanks for the info(infamous/05limited). I was going to go with the megan, but i want to keep the single tip on each side. MR doesn't sound totally like a fart can but i want a deeper rumble. Plus that price for the x02 is almost too good to be true. So let me know if they start falling off in the next few weeks..lol..j/k.. don't blame me if they do. I will prob end up buying it in january though.

R.I.P Coxx

Argh i wish i could. I am so broke from just getting the damn car and paying the taxes. Pluss i need to buy an AP before i buy anything else. Hoping to buy the AP in december when i should be able to afford it.

R.I.P Coxx

• 1 month later...

Just installed the XO2 CBE on my wagon last night. The sound is pretty amazing. However, it's kind of too loud for wagons and wifey is not happy about this. :(

Anyway, I'm trying to make it quieter but don't know which is the best way to do that. I have 3 options right now:

1.) stock midpipe/Y-Pipe + XO2 mufflers.

2.) XO2 midpipe + XO2 Y-Pipe + stock mufflers.

3.) buy some b-quiet vcomp

Is there anybody having any experience with this? Thanks.

Just installed the XO2 CBE on my wagon last night. The sound is pretty amazing. However, it's kind of too loud for wagons and wifey is not happy about this. :(

Anyway, I'm trying to make it quieter but don't know which is the best way to do that. I have 3 options right now:

I'm going to put my stock mufflers back on sometime soon. I'll post up when I do.

1 or 2 will definately quiet it down just come down to what you want more. The look option 1 or more performance option 2.

1 or 2 will definately quiet it down just come down to what you want more. The look option 1 or more performance option 2.

Yeah, the question is which one is quieter. I think maybe I'll put the stock mufflers back first when I have time.

I'm running option 1 and I'm pretty happy with it. Performance wise it's not as good as the complete exhaust(obviously), but it's definitely civil enough for daily driving.

2 will be quieter...

I am considering this option.

How about changing to gutted stock DP , catted stock midpipe and xo cbe? Do you think this will quite it down enough and it will stop the stinkies that my kids complain about. Perhaps add in vcomp (? where in a wagon).

Which should I try first ? Want to do it this am .

Jim

Any restriction or smaller piping will queit the sound down. My exhaust was a good amount quieter with the gutted stocker vs the 3'" Bellmouth I am running now. With the catted mid pipe in place I would only imagine it being even more quiet.

Archived