LegacyGT.com

The XO2 Catback Thread

gone2vegas

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are people with the X02 racing catback who have lined there muffler/tips perfectly. I could be a matter of banging the muffler hangers and not tightning until everything is straight.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

anyone install a system with the supplied resonator yet? I need to bend my midpipe toward the passenger side, bend my driver side muffler out and back, and the passenger side muffler needs to come up. I do not like the idea of hardclamping the barrels since our cars do not have any point of flex in the exhasut system besides the rubber hangers. For those of us that removed the spring bolts at the DP and used nuts and bolts, we are basically running a rigid exhaust system. There needs to be some points of flex and right not all we have are the rubber exhaust hangers. How hot do we need to make this to bend it? Can it be done at home? Just tired of getting to shops and the only thing they tell me is they have to redo it all.

If you want to retain the spring bolts I would try to find longer ones to compensate for the thicker flanges the x02 has. That's about the only think you can do unless you want to rip it apart like the exhaust shops say.

I had the stock midpipe so I was able to re-use the same spring bolts and springs. I may just replace them with longer ones since these do not give enough play for the exhaust to move, espcially when you are lowered and hit the bumps much harsher.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the Xo2 mufflers to the stock exhaust today and the sound great, just what I was looking for.

I had some fitment issues with the install but in the end they came out great.

I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

Denial is your best friend

That sounds like poop compared to mine. What other mods do you have? Infamous1 has a sound clip somewhere around here. His sounds more like mine. I'll try to do some vid soon for everyone. I also have plenty of pics if anyone wants to see them.

that wierd popping sound your hearing is a detonation in my shorty DP that was previously muffled by the 1st post cat or something. Some people have had that problem, other's dont. Not a serious problem, just an annoying one

UP/Shorty DP, silencer removal w/k&n filter and the catback obivously

that wierd popping sound your hearing is a detonation in my shorty DP that was previously muffled by the 1st post cat or something. Some people have had that problem, other's dont. Not a serious problem, just an annoying one

UP/Shorty DP, silencer removal w/k&n filter and the catback obivously

Does your catback have a resonator in it or not? Sounds pretty good!

Mine seemed to mellow out some after a couple weeks of driving. Now I have switched to the MR DP and it got louder and more raspy :mad: but is a bit quicker up top ;)

The MR downpipe made it more raspy? What downpipe did you have on before. I am like you. Not to crazy about an exhaust that sounds too raspy.

I was thinking of having the resonator welded to the midpipe but I actually am starting really like my X02 now(no resonator). I am used to the sound. I think mine might have mellowed down or I am just getting accustom to it.

I've had people in my car and asked them about it they said it wasn't too loud.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

^^^

Before I had an oem gutted dp, I also have the resonated xo2 exhaust. The raspy sounds comes on at about 5k rpms to redline, I am thinking of throwing a hi flow cat in to settle it down.

I have gutted downpipe (first cat) in my living room. ;) I've heard that the gutted dp with at least one cat left one shouldn't be that much louder as opposed to 3' dp with no cats.:eek:

Infamous, Did you have both sections of the dp gutted and how was the sound up high (4500 + rpms)? I like the sound at idle from your video post # 1. Mine is similar at idle.

I'm assuming you liked the sound of the gutted dp but you are seeing better performance with the MR dp.

I have gutted downpipe (first cat) in my living room. ;) I've heard that the gutted dp with at least one cat left one shouldn't be that much louder as opposed to 3' dp with no cats.:eek:

Infamous, Did you have both sections of the dp gutted and how was the sound up high (4500 + rpms)? I like the sound at idle from your video post # 1. Mine is similar at idle.

I'm assuming you liked the sound of the gutted dp but you are seeing better performance with the MR dp.

I had both sectios gutted I was fully catless, the exhaust was loudest down low and out of boost. At 4500+ rpms it stay about the same and you hear more engine or turbo if you have an intake. The sound difference I am sure is from the diameter increase of the MR and the hollowed out cat section actually baffling the sound a bit. But yes it is stronger in the mid range and upper rpms, actually verified this through g/sec while datalogging :lol:

Archived