LegacyGT.com

The XO2 Catback Thread

gone2vegas

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're nutz,just throw that b!tch on the car.:lol:

Good work though

Word i am doing that saturday and sunday. Its a big install so i might have to split it into two days.

**Update on my last step**

I stuck a heat gun at the ends for about 45-50 minutes each piece.

In my pics you will see how i fashioned it there so you don't actually have to stand there and hold the gun on it.

After its all set and done and heated you should be all set and let it cool for however long you need to. Being that its frigid here, it cooled down pretty quick. I am gonna let it cool there for a day or two just so I know its alll set.

Caution:

Remember to make sure none of the black/plastic parts of the gun are not touching the metal pipes since i don't know the melting point of the material but I also didn't want to find out ;)

Oh and buy a mask made for painting harmful materials not a dust mask.

Depending on how you guys react and respond to this tutorial, I will then create one in the How to's for modification thread. Also I will give some feedback later on down the line about how it held up and if it doesn't it will be a new coat and exhaust wrap :)

Finished.jpg.a40614b73f51eab7ab40e6e8700868c9.jpg

heatgun-in-pipe-long.jpg.c12aa2be1ad92df30ad7aaf7889f1098.jpg

Heatgun-in-pipe.jpg.f647bc6915a29db14163afb79ba1eb77.jpg

heatgun-in-pipe-full.jpg.f71e0fe0622b645d78904ff34b0df81d.jpg

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

It is a flat black but, it almost like purple in certain lights. Will post pics on actual install sunday or saturday...

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Looks good and I plan on doing the same after I get a replacement for my rusted exhaust. Did you do this to the pipes after they started to show some rust or were they never installed on your car yet?

Archived