LegacyGT.com

Getting a new car itch everyone.........

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do they sell em like this.

2006 Infiniti : M M45 SPORT

2006 INFINITI M35 SPORT-FINEST EVER ON EBAY-NO RESERVE!

It's an M45, why list it as a M35? Just trying to attract M35 business I guess?

wait..you jokingly bid on this car that Wuki really wants, just to do it? :confused:

Read my post two posts down :) My wife would kill me if I bought a car I never talked to her about, plus wuki is one of the most respected guys on here there is no way I would shaft him or pay 2k for shipping. Plus, M45 is way out of my league :) But, people who have no reserve are retards anyway and I doubt they would sell that car to me for $20k (when its worth 40k or more) even if I ended up winning it.

It's just a little ebay fun. I do it often :) Find a porsche 911 turbo that has a reserve, but started the bidding at a buck. Bid up to 40k on it, and just feel like you own it until you get outbid :(:)

Are you going to go test drive one at a dealership? Or you pretty sure thats what you want? For the price that car adds luxury + gizmos + pretty good power. I would be interested to see what you do with it if you get it. I thought you were thinking end of year for a new car? Or is this just too good to pass up :)

Sounds like they have good resale

High-performance capability and advanced technology, like sophisticated stability control systems or additional airbags and impact protection, are good indicators of high resale value, says Eric Ibara, director of market valuation at Kelley Blue Book, whose data was used to compile our list. The top-ranked Chevrolet Corvette, the supercharged BMW Alpina B7, and even the seemingly mild-mannered Infiniti M45 luxury sedan are all high-speed performers. Likewise, the two hybrids that made the list — the Lexus GS 450h and Honda Accord Hybrid — are performance oriented.

How many of us remember when a Nissan was a Datsun?

Datsun 510. Still a lot of those kicking around in the rally world.

Datsun 240Z. Classic.

I understand that Nissan marketed cars under the Datsun brand just in case their cars didn't go over well in N.A. They didn't want the Nissan name being associated with a loser. After some rough financial times in the early to mid 90s, they have finally "arrived".

Yes, I'd rock an M45 over a BMW or Benz of the same money... it's a performance sedan for sure and is so much more unique than the sea of 3 and 5 series that I see in my town daily.

yes, I'm partial to Japanese cars but I'd still take this over a Lexus ES / LS or Acura RL anyday.

An older guy in my neighborhood rocks a white M45 and I drool over it every time I see it drive down the street.

In the late 20th Century, with Nissan facing severe financial difficulties, Nissan entered an alliance with Renault S.A. of France [9].

Signed on March 27, 1999, the Renault-Nissan Alliance is the first of its kind involving a Japanese and a French company, each with its own distinct corporate culture and brand identity. The same year, Renault appointed its own Chief Operating Officer, the Brazilian-born Carlos Ghosn (of Lebanese descent), as Chief Operating Officer of Nissan and took a 22.5% stake in Nissan Diesel. Later that year, Nissan fired its top Japanese executives.

The Renault-Nissan Alliance is a unique group of two global companies linked by cross-shareholding, with Renault holding 44.3% of Nissan shares, while Nissan holds 15% of Renault shares.

Under president Ghosn's "Nissan Revival Plan" (NRP), the company has rebounded in what many leading economists consider to be one of the most spectacular corporate turnarounds in history, catapulting Nissan to record profits and a dramatic revitalization of both its Nissan and Infiniti model line-ups. Despite the turnaround, Infiniti sales have been a disappointment. In 2001, the company initiated Nissan 180, capitalizing on the success of the NRP. The targets set with 180 were an additional sale of 1 million cars, achieving operating margins of 8%, and to have zero automotive debts. Ghosn has been recognized in Japan for the company's turnaround in the midst of an ailing Japanese economy. Ghosn and the Nissan turnaround were featured in Japanese manga and popular culture. His achievements in revitalizing Nissan were noted by Emperor Akihito, who awarded him the Japan Medal with Blue Ribbon in 2004.

Would you be modding this car if you bought it wuki?

Looks like the only thing out there is the Stillen Catback & CAI other than that..........

NO

I will have to look into tuning the car though. Really nothing out there about it though:(

As far as driving the car yes I did drive my co-workers yesterday. Most was highway driving but that is 95% of what I drive anyway.

Car really didn't "feel" like 335hp but it is really hard for me to tell. By my stopwatch it was a mid 5 sec car, good mid range punch to the car. Extremely quiet..... I almost pulled the doublestart:eek:

Here is a good read I found today

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/11738/2007-bmw-550i-vs-2007-infiniti-m45-sport-vs-2007-lexus-gs450h-vs-2007-mercedes-benz-e550.html

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Yea....I did see that on the Stillen site so no I def. will not be going that route.

Esp. with the extended warranty involved.

Other than the parts mentioned a stickier set of rubber & better brake pads is about all I would do.

PGT had mentioned a supercharged M35, I have not seen a M35 setup like that but have seen many G35's with superchargers & the majority of the owners have had engine issues since:(:(

Pricewise I'd be about the same as a 03 E55. For close to 40K I would not want a DD that old, I do really love those cars though:):):)

On the luxury side I actually like the Infiniti's interior better. The wood takes a little getting used to & the nav is def. not the easiest in the world. With that said though the car drives much smaller than it actually is & those seats.....:wub::wub::wub:

Archived