LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ripe for a manual override mod :D

That's great, I haven't seen them installed stock on any car, believe it or not.

I like the PLs a lot - I'm contemplating whether these can be retro-fitted into the Legacy side effects bit but with a whiter light if possible.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I like the PLs a lot - I'm contemplating whether these can be retro-fitted into the Legacy side effects bit but with a whiter light if possible.

I'm sure they can. Talk to your local Subie techs. I'm sure it's just wired into the interior dome light circuit or something.

Sorry if repost...but I thought some JDM goodness was in order.

Don't know if this is actual or not. (no scoop so turbo?)

It's the new 3.6TT with stealth FMIC technology. Does the 1/4 in 9.5 flat @158mph.

:hide:

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Why on EARTH, after reading autoblog, and lots of other stuff, is this the first I am hearing about a LEGACY at SEMA 08?

http://www.avoturboworld.com/images/stories/08_news_images/08_sema_02/_L2Y5965.jpg

And why exactly does the 09 Spec B not have this JDM front bumper and grille?

Nice PROMOTION, SOA!!!!!!!!!!!!

And using the LEGACY for aftermarket STEREO promotion? The Legacy that has one of the most restrictive audio upgrade options, by SOA building the head unit into the ACC, which Japan DIDN'T do?

The black Forester has gotten a lot of the SEMA Subaru coverage, with a bit for the ski rescue Forester, and some still-ugly imprezas.

No mention of the HK Legacy, at all, until I looked through the pics at the link you posted.

Makes me sick that the Legacy is such a competent product that gets COMPLETELY IGNORED.

Forester is fine, and all, but this is LEGACY GT DOT COM, and I am having to learn about this in a Forester thread, on the side, without even a mention, and no media coverage AT ALL.

And people wonder why Legacy doesn't sell. You could light one on FIRE, and drive through an auto-show, and nobody would care to cover it. Just some car on fire, but OOOH, there's an SUV!!!

I usually stick to the news forum, and the other cars vs Legacy forum, that is where most of the current events stuff is, and is quick to peruse...

And Legacy at SEMA certainly wasn't in the Subaru News forum, But the STI-powered Forester got it's own thread...

Nor was it covered in three days worth of headlines on Autoblog or other external auto news sources that I saw, and that is where I pretty much NEVER hear about Legacy, unless it is SOJ bringing out the S402 or something that we can't get.

Part of it is SOA, the other part is the auto press. Combined, it is a wonder that anyone besides the people on this site know there is a car sold with the name Legacy.

There was nothing special about that legacy though.....why would it be posted all round the net?? JDM 3.0R Spec B is all.

If it were an S402 then sure it would be everywhere but it wasn't so whats the big deal?? It was only advertising the fact that they are now sold with h/k systems in, which they have been for the last 4 months or so, hardly hot press is it?

Yes the legacy is nai invisable to anyone who doesn't know what it is but, if it wasnt would you still have yours??

Yes, I would still have mine, and perhaps there would be a brighter, more assured future for the turbocharged Legacy in the US, as well.

Legacy doesn't have to turn into a camry to be well known, but there is no reason it needs to be a closely guarded secret, either.

BTW, it isn't a JDM Legacy, since it isn't right-hand-drive. It might be a Euro/ROW model from a LHD market, but why would they not be promoting the NorAm model, in a show in VEGAS? It has the HK-branded audio equipment this year... Why would they either import a car, or convert a US car to ROW exterior specs, if they didn't know that ROW specs are more attractive than NorAm?

It is also reputed to be a 3.0R Legacy, but has a hood-scoop... If it didn't start out with a turbo, why would they put a turbo hood on it? H6 hoods fit exactly the same way.

It also doesn't have merely a stock HK system, but obviously an aftermarket upgrade, and was enough to put on the SEMA floor. I am not saying it need EQUAL treatment to the STI Forester, you are right, it isn't the S402, but it didn't even get honorable mention in any press coverage. Not even just at the end of other SEMA Subaru coverage, or pretty much any other occaision either.

Only people associated with our community, taking their own pictures, and putting them here lead us to realize that the were Legacys present at all.

How many times have people around here blamed the CUSTOMERS for not supporting Legacy, yet this is a LEGACY OWNERSHIP community? (at least most of us own them, which is why we come to this site...) Yet they are largely, nearly completely ignored by the automotive press, and SOA doesn't seem to have any issue with that, or the need to put Legacy forward.

But, by all means, Subaru, bow at the altar of the 4AT SUV. It has been a very long time since SOA released enough material for a Legacy thread to get past 1000 posts, in the news Forum.

But, by all means, bow at the altar of the 4AT SUV. It has been a very long time since a Legacy thread got to 26 pages in the news Forum.

Well, actually never this is the longest thread ever to hit the news forum by nearly 350 posts:lol:

And sorry, i didnt know any of the details of the car (proves your point lol), i assumed it was a JDM Spec B 3.0R due to the JDM Spec B front bumper and the fact that it was a 3.0R with a hood scoop, my bad. and i didnt notice if it was left or right hand drive.

How is the xt holding up mike?? it is as good as you were hoping??

I love it, and find it to be a lot of fun. Feels just as quick as my '05 LGT (w/ 5EAT). It's kinda loud with the exhaust, especially during a cold idle. The comfort is far better, and the 4 speed is not so bad.

Only annoyances are I think Subaru kills the boost after a few seconds (in manual mode holding the gear in its peak powerband) - sometimes it pulls like a beast and other times it accelerates quick and civilized (or maybe it's just a heatsoaked IC), and the other annoyance is the audio system - which is slightly worse than the '05 LGT.

The comfort of this thing is amazing - it rolls right over potholes and road imperfections with ease, the seats feel much better, the visibility is superior, and there are far more features and cargo space.

Unlike the Legacy, I look forward to driving places with the Forester.

It's kinda loud with the exhaust, especially during a cold idle.

Isn't that the air injection pump for emissions? Our 08 OB is SO loud when first started, but once the air pump goes off it is almost silent. Yuck.

Archived