LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does it have a cat in the uppipe?

Not if it has that ridiculous air pump. That's the start-up/idle tradeoff - performance versus emission.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The only question is: is it replaceable?

If it is, there you go. Sucks that it costs more money, but Legacy isn't, and that isn't even a real option.

If I had the money/will, yes - the whole audio system can be swapped out on the Forester XT. Could get a double-din unit, replace speakers, add amps, etc...

Stock is where it is staying for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering how long it would take COBB to get the AP out for the Forreys. Did you use the AP with your LGT? If not, you're in for a really nice bump in performance out-of-the-box. Nothing earth shattering certainly, but definitely nice nonetheless.

That's what I thought. Seems like the mod-bug has bitten you. When you start tossing serious coin around, you know the disease is taking over.:eek:

• 1 month later...
I would keep pushing on that one ... I just called my fleet manager here and they are doing $2000 off INVOICE + 4.9% for up to 6 years.

That has to be a unique dealer. FXT's are rare like gold now and the dealers in my area are doing nothing like that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had to share this with everyone. I usually never take my cell phone with me when I go to the beach, but did this weekend.

The city of Coronado uses this. A 2009 Subaru Forester as the Lifeguard vehicle. My wife and I are in need of a 2nd car and I think a red forester is on the horizon.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/denver133/n72203397_31275397_185.jpg

^ It is...it is just a tad narrower. The wierd thing is, the exterior dimensions are much smaller but the interior only gives up a little in the trunk and width.

I suppose the Tribeca just isn't as space-efficient. Then again, Subaru moved the Impreza up to the Legacy platform, and the 2010 Legacy is supposed to be on the Tribeca platform, and the '09 Forester competes on interior space with the Tribeca, so it only makes sense for the next-gen Tribeca to grow some.

I have no complaints about the Tribeca's interior space other than the fact that you can't really use the middle and rear seats at the same time with normal sized people. It's really a five+2, not a 7-pass.

Archived