LegacyGT.com

Official 08 Spec B thread

psi365

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, sorry for not posting pictures yet, but I couldn't get over there yesterday, and today it is crappy weather, and my sales guy is off. I will go there tomorrow or Friday and take my camera.

The Spec on the lot is Daimond Grey, but they have a 2.5i that is Quartz Silver, so maybe I can take some comparison shots. I will also take a magnet to test the hood.

You should easily be able to tell which is which without bringing a magnet. Personally if someone tried magnets on a car particularly that isn't even clean. Not a smart move. How about one of the new owners here commenting on the aluminum components?

Question for LGT and spec b owners/drivers: Do these vehicles have a "roll back assist" (maybe i am saying it wrong...) but my '93 impreza has this nice feature that if i am on a hill and have to stop, i can push in the clutch and the vehicle does not roll backwards...

i am looking for a spec b in the late fall time frame and i was wondering if it had this feature? thank you up front to any/all who reply

chuck

Tis called a hill-holder, or atleast it's what they used to call it IIRC. Can't tell you if it has it though I thought they were looking to implement them again widely on the product line.

Can you please confirm for us the hood and control arms for the front and rear suspension are still aluminum or have changed to steel?

I found a video of a subaru press conference a while back and the ceo or president or someone specifically mentions these aluminum components during the official release of the 08s... it was a fairly long video but you can probably find it on google/youtube ;)

lol

Yep, hill hoder it is.

I'm sure we would have heard about it if they were using it tho.

Why did they stop using hill holders? My LGT has one. For people like my mom, driving a MT without a hill holder is terror. Thats why she hasnt had a stick since the 70's. But, she loves my dad's 330xi because of its hill hold.

At least it's touchscreen. ;) The nav units in my parent's Mercedes/Porsche require rotating a dial to enter an address...

-Mike-

Same in the Audi.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Jedi Master Yoda (I believe he was talking about the search tool)[URL="http://specb.jerkerstudios.com/"][/URL] [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I think Lexus does too

Lexus definitely does.... very similar to ours, only with bluetooth integration.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Jedi Master Yoda (I believe he was talking about the search tool)[URL="http://specb.jerkerstudios.com/"][/URL] [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

And I drove a BMW 320d 6mt rental this week while I was in Berlin. That navigation is terrible. The iDrive wasn't that bad, but it just was a pain to use the Nav. It had a system which took traffic into consideration, but on one of my drives back to my hotel in the evening, it was imagining nonexistant construction areas and sending me into ones it didn't know about. Pain in the butt. I'll take my spec's nav any day over that. Much easier to use.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

i guess i have answered my own question...as of '07 (atleast) i saw the hill holder clutch ONLY on the 5MT foresters...does anyone have different info for the '08 models?

I have the '08 specB.....sorry other than emergency brake, no hill holder. Unless it's hidden someplace and I just haven't found it. Only had it for a week, so.....

The biggest thing I'm curious about with the 07 versus 08 is it appears the super easy to use cruise control stalk is being replaced by buttons on the left of the wheel.

http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/7/V/b/08_legacy30r_dash.jpg

Am I crazy or am I seeing that right?

I sure don't mind the overall updates in features for the most part for '08, but changing simple things that work well like the cruise and if they move away from aluminum suspension components will surely drive me back towards an '07. I'd also prefer the thinner wheels of the 06/07 models.

Actually the cruise controls are on the right. The stereo volume controls etc are on the left.

I had found that out after the point, location of the cruise, but thanks for pointing it out. It appears to be SI-drive controls on the left then?

Wyobandit, can you confirm/deny the use of aluminum in the hood and suspension control arms since you have one?

wow san fran has some major 'hill-age'...as for the hill holder --> my wife has come to trust in her ability to drive standard due mainly to the hill holder in my '93 impreza...that feature would allow her to feel more secure in driving it...and THAT is very important if i am to get one (even if she never drives it in reality)...hence the basis for my original question...

thank you to all who replied to my question on a helpful manor

peace

chuck

:cool: 'Got my first ding in my '08 Spec.B this morning.

I got too close to the curb and put a nice little scratch in the

driver's side front wheel. I'm just not used to the tires on this

thing. I know getting a ding is inevitable, but.....

GRRRRRRR !

Archived