LegacyGT.com

Official 08 Spec B thread

psi365

Except for the final drive, the Spec.B doesn't need a 6mt. However, I think a 6mt in Chicagoland expressway rush hour would be fun to try.

In those conditions, I use first mainly to get the car rolling. Second I use from slow to 20mph. Third for 20-30. Fourth for 30+ changing to 5th @ 40 if all I'm really doing is power coasting. All this is done with a very, very light throttle to avoid lugging.

A 6mt would give me more combinations for slow, go, slow, go, slow, stop, go, slow, slow, 20, slow, go, 30, powercoast, slow, etc..

Otherwise, I'm at 80 in third gear while acellerating hard, 4th while power manouvering and 5th for cruise and high speed manouvering.

My mpg is currntly 27.3 as per info system.

You're probably right for the Chicago area. I shift into 6th for cruising at 65 mph, and its barely over 2000 rpm. Yet 5th is still useful for mild acceleration from 45+ mph. I also find the 6mt to be far more pleasant to drive, whether at 8+/10ths or just putting around town. And I drive both the 5MT and the 6MT regularly. The 6 was a major reason (and justification to the wifey) for upgrading to the spec.B.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quotes from just the previous page on this thread:

E46 M3 is a great driving car!

I really wasn't interested in the M3 when I looked at the 335. I have driven an E36 and an E46 M3, liked both, but neither were exactly what I was looking for. One of the big uses of the 335 for me is a good long-distance car that is comfortable, efficient, and still can put on some good moves, the 335 does that well.

Sorry, but every where there is any sort of car post the 335i comes out like its been touched by the hand of god. Especially on Subaru forums a 335i can not do any wrong even though they have had a lot of powertrain failures.

Well said. BMWs used to be the Subarus of the german car world before the yuppies got ahold of them back in the mid-eighties. Before that, they were kinda quirky and a fun and reliable alternative to boring Mercedes.

In the case of the M5 and M6 auto (can remember what they call it) vs. manual if you were to drive both you'd get the auto. I have ridden in both (my boss has a new M5) and the car was designed with that auto in mind and not the manual. The manual they offer is far less of a driving experience than that of their auto. It drives and shifts like a manual...for another thread though.

Sorry for the off topic

Sponge sums it up best ... Not to start a Nabisco flame war, but isn't this the Official 08 Spec B thread???

:offtopic::spin::soap_box:

Chat about the expensive, maintenance-prone, Euro-trash cars in an appropriate forum, please. Here's a good place to start...

<get's off his soap box...>

Sponge sums it up best ... Not to start a Nabisco flame war, but isn't this the Official 08 Spec B thread???

So, since this is the "official" Spec.B thread, anybody have any news or rumors about the '09 Spec.B? (since the '08s are now in production, there isn't much more to discover - so, on to newer and better things!)

I hadn't heard of anything about them except they may/probably will have bluetooth and advanced key so our 08 huge keys are already going to be out dated.

That and eveyone keeps hoping at SEMA Subaru will anounce models other then the Wrx to get the STi treatment.

I hadn't heard of anything about them except they may/probably will have bluetooth and advanced key so our 08 huge keys are already going to be out dated.

That and eveyone keeps hoping at SEMA Subaru will anounce models other then the Wrx to get the STi treatment.

Wasn't there a rumor of the '09s becoming keyless?

I'm also waiting impatiently for SEMA. The rumors are enticing, but nothings official 'til it's official.

Wasn't there a rumor of the '09s becoming keyless?

I'm also waiting impatiently for SEMA. The rumors are enticing, but nothings official 'til it's official.

Keyless=advanced key. I've been working on the nazi stuff to long cause thats what they call it. Aparently teh 08< Wrx if you option it a certain way has it, as well as bluetooth. Here is a response I got back from SOA.

I just want to comment on a couple of things. For the 2008 WRX models with Navigation System, they will have Bluetooth capability with an accessory Bluetooth microphone. The 2008 Impreza and WRX models now have advanced keys, wherein the key and keyless entry fob are one unit. I would expect that these features will be expanded to our other model lines.

I took that as its a done deal just when it is going to appear is still unknown.

As far as a LSTi, until its here it doesn't really exist to me.

Archived