LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

-Nelson Mandela

Incorrectly attributed to Nelson Mandela. Was actually originally written by Mariann Williamson, from A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles.

Also adapted nicely in the movie Coach Carter:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

- Timo, Coach Carter

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

• 3 weeks later...

Like Judas of Old

You LIE and Deceive...

You fasten the triggers

For the others to fire

You sit back and watch

While the death count gets higher

You hide in your mansions

While young people’s blood

Flows out of their bodies

And gets buried in the mud

Bob Dylan (Masters of War, 1962)

• 2 months later...

"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed. Out of the hard and unusual struggle through which he is compelled to pass, he gets a strength, a confidence, that one misses whose pathway is comparatively smooth by reason of birth and race."

-Booker T Washington

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a racecar is not called a racist?

bosco

The same reason we drive on parkways and park on driveways..

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

The same reason we drive on parkways and park on driveways..

ok then, isn't making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool?

bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

ok then, isn't making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool?

bosco

Life's Hard Questions Why do you need a driver's license to buy liquor when you can't drink and drive?

Why isn't "phonetic" spelled the way it sounds?

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

Why are there flotation devices under airplane seats instead of parachutes?

Why are cigarettes sold at gas stations where smoking is prohibited?

Have you ever imagined a world without hypothetical situations?

How does the guy who drives the snow plow get to work?

If 7-11 is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, why are there locks on the doors?

If nothing ever sticks to Teflon, how do they make Teflon stick to the pan?

If buttered toast always lands side down on the floor and a cat always

lands on its feet, what happens if you tie a piece of buttered toast to the back of a cat and drop it?

If you are driving at the speed of light and turn on your headlights, what happens?

Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

Why is it that when you transport something by a car it is called a shipment, and when you transport something by ship it is called cargo?

Why don't they make the whole airplane out of the same substance as the indestructible black box?

Why is it that when you are driving and looking for an address, you turn the radio down?

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

What does Geronimo say when he jumps out of an airplane?

If fire fighters fight fires, and crime fighters fight crime, what do freedom

fighters fight?

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

When a Governor is in a gubernatorial race, shouldn't that make him a Gubernor?

Why is brassiere singular and panties plural?

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

What is the speed of dark? :confused:

Darkness is the absence of light, so i would think since dark is default and all around, dark doesnt have to 'travel' and thus doesnt have a speed.

LOL somebody with a lot more time has thought about this!

http://www.freakface.com/speedofdark/

All these are from Edward R Murrow.

No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.

[/url]

Our major obligation is not to mistake slogans for solutions.

(War on *insert hot button topic here*)

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.

My favorite quote from Murrow though is part of a speech he gave in 1954.

We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men— not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were, for the moment, unpopular.

This is no time for men who oppose Senator McCarthy's methods to keep silent, or for those who approve. We can deny our heritage and our history, but we cannot escape responsibility for the result. There is no way for a citizen of a republic to abdicate his responsibilities. As a nation we have come into our full inheritance at a tender age. We proclaim ourselves, as indeed we are, the defenders of freedom, wherever it continues to exist in the world, but we cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home. The actions of the junior Senator from Wisconsin have caused alarm and dismay amongst our allies abroad, and given considerable comfort to our enemies. And whose fault is that? Not really his. He didn't create this situation of fear; he merely exploited it— and rather successfully. Cassius was right. "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

Darkness is the absence of light, so i would think since dark is default and all around, dark doesnt have to 'travel' and thus doesnt have a speed.

LOL somebody with a lot more time has thought about this!

http://www.freakface.com/speedofdark/

Some people just have to much time. http://forums.beyondunreal.com/images/smilies/shakehead.gif

The one belief that shapes my actions more than any other is my belief in an afterlife. I believe that if in this life, I am be best person I can possibly be, then in the next life, I'll come back as a lesbian. And that, my friends, gives me all the inspiration I need.

No my idea, but heavily paraphrased... not sure where that original came from.

I hope it's true.

Speaking of Bumper stickers, this one made me laugh..

"Instead of being born again, Why not just grow up?"

Oh yeah well my chihuahua can beat up your honor roll student lol

• 1 month later...

“I was sitting in my car, and I knew the gas was coming, when I had an image of my mother finding me,” “She sacrificed so much for her children, and to end my life would be an incredibly selfish thing to do. It was all about a relationship. My sense of worth was so low. I had to reprogram myself to see the good in me. Because someone didn’t love me didn’t mean I was unlovable. I promised myself I would never be a coward again.”

-Halle Berry, on her break up with David Justice and attempted suicide

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT