LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

war is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. the person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men thatn him self

John stuart mill 1806-1873

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

Dwight d eisenhawer

Si vis pacem, para bellum(if you want peace, prepair for war)

knew that one before the punisher came out

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

In vino, veritas

there is no truth in wine:lol:

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

When you say 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare at you blankly and say 'Hey, I got those with the system, *for free*'.

Linus Torvalds

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Seven blunders of the world that lead to violence:

Wealth without work,

Pleasure without conscience,

Knowledge without character,

Commerce without morality,

Science without humanity,

Worship without sacrifice,

Politics without principle.

-Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

I posted this without thinking...

Before you speak, listen.

Before you write, think.

Before you spend, earn.

Before you invest, investigate.

Before you criticize, wait.

Before you pray, forgive.

Before you quit, try.

Before you retire, save.

Before you die, give.

- William Arthur Ward

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. Martin Luther King Jr.
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than him self.

-John stuart mill 1806-1873

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than him self.

-John stuart mill 1806-1873

i posted that. it was post #276.

read this all a while ago, but figured i'd post up the quotes i wrote down from a book i've been reading (and maybe from this thread too) :lol: that remind me of my current rebuild:

"the first rule of holes, when you're in one, stop digging" - molly ivins

"even the right decision is the wrong decision if made too late" - lee iacocca

"the way to succeed is to double your failure rate" - thomas watson, ibm founder

"never pay twice for the same mistake"...my mom liked that one a bit too much :lol:

"the longest distance between two points is a shortcut" - nancy dornan...very true in my instance

"success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

"i'd rather regret the things that i have done than the things that i have not." - lucille ball

"its what you learn after you know it all that counts" - john wooden

"Never has there been a good war or a bad peace." - Benjamin Franklin

"Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime." - Ernest Hemingway

"They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason." - Ernest Hemmingway

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" - Gandhi

"Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov

"Older men declare war. But its the youth who must fight and die!" - Herbert Hoover

"I'm fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to die in." - George McGovern

"They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason." - Ernest Hemmingway

he was a bitter old man... his couldn't be more wrong.

"With the Allspark gone, we cannot return life to our planet. And fate has yielded its reward: a new world to call home. We live among its people now in plain sight, but watching over them in secret, waiting, protecting. I have witnessed their capacity for courage, and though we are worlds apart, like us, there's more to them than meets the eye. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars: we are here, we are waiting."

-Optimus Prime

True words of wisdom.