LegacyGT.com

My First and Last Subaru

Same here. So far everyone that's sat in my car has had something positive to say about the interior.

It's just so ridiculous. Every person that's been in my car for the first time is surprised a how nice it is compared to their expectations. It's as nice looking ,as comfortable and usable as I need the interior of a car to be. I can't think of an option that it doesn't have that I need.

Happy Ending maybe?? :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A recent owner's survey in England of reliability ( sorry I've lost the link) placed Subaru 5th or 6th. Ahead of Subie? Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Acura, just who you would expect. I test drove cars from all those brands :( borrrring. Could the LGT be improved? Sure. ANYTHING can be improved. But, I feel it offers more performance, luxury and smiles per mile than anything at the price. :wub: BTW I have 30K with no problems worse than the fan relay and virtually no down time.
You're just jealous that the Voices talk to Me. :cool:

It's just so ridiculous. Every person that's been in my car for the first time is surprised a how nice it is compared to their expectations. It's as nice looking ,as comfortable and usable as I need the interior of a car to be. I can't think of an option that it doesn't have that I need.

Well, if you're going to say "usable" I have a major, major, MAJOR beef with the climate control system - but that will come later when I get really pissed at it. Cliffs: I don't want my A/C on every time I turn my fan on. I don't want to have to press several buttons and turn the knob to get a pure "vent". And the temerature readouts are horribly inaccurate and inconsistant. I want red/blue back. However, I do like the ability to choose internal/external air without touching anything else while the climate control is off. It is a saving grace.

Happy Ending maybe?? :)

Since you asked so nicely....

Well, if you're going to say "usable" I have a major, major, MAJOR beef with the climate control system - but that will come later when I get really pissed at it. Cliffs: I don't want my A/C on every time I turn my fan on. I don't want to have to press several buttons and turn the knob to get a pure "vent". And the temerature readouts are horribly inaccurate and inconsistant. I want red/blue back. However, I do like the ability to choose internal/external air without touching anything else while the climate control is off. It is a saving grace.

Point taken. The climate control is a tad flaky I guess. But beyond that the reference to Kia is still :rolleyes:

Cliffs: I don't want my A/C on every time I turn my fan on. I don't want to have to press several buttons and turn the knob to get a pure "vent".

+12345,,plus taking your eyes of the road when you want to change something,climate control justs sits too low in the console.IMO

Now I know why when people sit in my car for the first time they ask questions like, "what is this, a Scion, a Kia?"

I get a lot of compliment on my 06' LGT Limited. A lot of people sit inside my car and go "Wow, look at you with a nice car." And this from a lot of people riding BMW's, Lexus and MBZ's.

i don't know what state you keep your cars but my car is pure luxury in it's stock form.

I recall reading a report on residual value of various cars a month or so ago which showed an average residual value at 36 months of some 48.5% of new value.

The worst was Jaguar at 38.2% with the best being Honda at 53.7%. Subaru was listed at 51.1%. Interesting to note was that we were better than BMW at 50.7%, Mercedes at 48.7% and Audi at 50.4%. Admittedly these numbers are all close but nevertheless, Subaru was better than most including Acura which was listed at 49.6%. Bez

Since you asked so nicely....

its not, its just illuminated saying that the car is in cooling mode. it decides whether or not to use fresh air for cooling or the compressor for mechanical cooling. unless you hit defrost in which case the AC compressor is running to dehydrate the air.

its not, its just illuminated saying that the car is in cooling mode. it decides whether or not to use fresh air for cooling or the compressor for mechanical cooling. unless you hit defrost in which case the AC compressor is running to dehydrate the air.
How silly of me to assume that "A/C" means air conditioning. Good info anyway.

Yeah I never understood why people were mad that their 05 LGT's were "only" valued at ~$22k.

I would be happy to sell my car to someone for $22k. Unfortunately that is not going to happen unless you paying a dealer $4-5k over MSRP for a car that currently has a several thousand dollar rebate on it :lol:

Ok...2 things... 1. I have a 07 BSM LGT 5mt that is my 3rd Legacy. I used to drive VWs and I've driven many many many cars from low-high end. Hell before I bought the new ride, I drove BMWs and even a (eeewww) TL. and you know what?...The LGT still kicked the most ass for the price. I've had a clutch replaced at 7k and I still love the car. I guess it's all about what you like and what you need. 2. As for the new WRX, WTF? Seriously. Looks like the bastard son of a LGT and a TL. Cute, but I'll take the big boy version, thanks. But that new scoop is the shizz! I bet I could catch birds in that! But really, let us know what you get so we have something to giggle about.

Wow ... didn't know I'd really take a beating to this degree.

Just stating my case - 1) the new WRX IS ugly 2) the Tribeca refresh is terrible, too 3) Subaru doesn't market cars well ... YES, fab job with the LGT ... BUT, they gotta come correct on the entire line ... it's not like they've got a huge lineup of models.

Now, am I still entirely wrong???

Go to any enthusiast forum and whine about the car; complain about a warranty repair; then state you are upside down on it after three years* and are looking for zero percent financing deals. Bound to get a lot of respect.;) Why did you think you could afford it in the first place? What did you expect the resale value to be on a turbocharged car?

* Dealer trade in $15,357.

* Private sale $17,261 accourding to Edmunds.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived