LegacyGT.com

My First and Last Subaru

I for one like the stock '07 wheels.

As for the rest of what you said, BAN :). How dare you insult our precious Subarus. I was going to type a big long reply but I'm sure it would be lost on you. Let us know what car you replace your Legacy with then come back 3 months later and tell us if your still happy with it.

I think the '05 wheels look better :p

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not that he doesn't like his car, it's that he doesn't know anything about cars. Low resale value for new-ish cars isn't a recent development. Clutches wearing out isn't new. Forgive me if I seem uncharitable, but if someone complains about taking a bath trading in a car that new, I have to assume that he can't operate a clutch either.

What the OP needs to do is learn how to count, learn how to drive and learn how to buy what he actually wants.

Good points.

Definatly driver error some where.

Denial is your best friend

It's not that he doesn't like his car, it's that he doesn't know anything about cars. Low resale value for new-ish cars isn't a recent development. Clutches wearing out isn't new. Forgive me if I seem uncharitable, but if someone complains about taking a bath trading in a car that new, I have to assume that he can't operate a clutch either.

What the OP needs to do is learn how to count, learn how to drive and learn how to buy what he actually wants.

I have to agree with you 100%.

Wow ... didn't know I'd really take a beating to this degree.

Just stating my case - 1) the new WRX IS ugly 2) the Tribeca refresh is terrible, too 3) Subaru doesn't market cars well ... YES, fab job with the LGT ... BUT, they gotta come correct on the entire line ... it's not like they've got a huge lineup of models.

Now, am I still entirely wrong???

I would never buy a WRX. To rice boy. Maybe the STI limited. The legacy hit the spot all around. this is my first subaru and I am happy with it. I have come from Pontiacs and fords and chevy's. And I test drove VW, and nissan maxima's and I loved this car. So insult Subaru all you want but the legacy is a awesome car for the money. Good luck replacing it I couldn't find anything better when I was test driving.

Honestly, I've had plenty of automobile makes bmw, benz, honda, acura, audi, toyota, gmc, volvo, mazda etc... And each of those boards will have a guy that will post up this type of thread. No manufacturer can keep 100% of their customers happy. There will always be someone unhappy w/their purchase. Best I can say is goodluck w/whatever your next car is. Sorry the subaru didn't work out for you. There are obviously plenty of other people that are happy w/their subaru purchase.

Just stating my case - 1) the new WRX IS ugly 2) the Tribeca refresh is terrible, too 3) Subaru doesn't market cars well ... YES, fab job with the LGT ... BUT, they gotta come correct on the entire line ... it's not like they've got a huge lineup of models.

1) Your opinion, and maybe true, but what does that have do to with YOUR Legacy??

2) See No. 1

3) See No. 1

I don't see how any of this makes you want to get rid of your Legacy. From the sound of your first post you'd think the car left you stranded out in the middle of the Sahara desert with no water or something. But to each his own.

The Kia interior reference though....:rolleyes: That's just nonsense.

+1......Subaru can't please everyone. There will always be guys like you who expects too much.

Subaru has no identity? At least the Legacy line has it. It is a Camry:lol::lol::lol::eek:.

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

I've said it once and I'll say it again: We don't drive BMW's. Then again, with my wallet, I can't. But we have 3-series beating performance for $10k less.

Currently, you have to be a tad bit (car) crazy to buy a Legacy GT. There's no denying, no matter who you are, you can't really get more power (or potential power with a few mods) for the money. However, the average folk may be happier in a V6 Camry. It's a nicely built, decently powerful, wonderfully comfortable car. Or for those who prefer not to sleep and drive, a V6 Accord. These cars will do what you ask of them, with less fuss, for around the same money. Very rational cars.

But most of us on the forums bought our car for reasons that aren't completely rational. And we love them.

as much as i would like subaru to be a household brand...no thank you...i love my lgt for the fact that no one has it...

if you compare each subaru model to its direct counter parts to other brands there are only a few instances where subaru will not be superior, and what will change all that is ..:drumroll: ...price point...

a lot of people think that new cars coming out are ugly, and blah balh...10 million people think that about the upcoming evo X also ...but guess what....nothing in its class will touch it...

as for the kia interior...have you been in th new mustangs? can you say ABS plastic?

anyways i hope you find your 0% financing this weekend, cus... you will later realize that the car you have now is far more superior that anything in its class

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

eh, I really don't think our cars are superior, unless you really value power and moddability. Few people can put up with the rest of the crap our cars have (their build quality and paint, the rattles, the turbo loag) that are actually very common in performance cars.

I do say though, Subaru's design theme seems to be aimed at making it the "least stolen" brand. If they mess with the Leggy when its due for a total makeover, blood will be spilled.

This is all making me very sad... I need to go drive my car!! :)

Currently, you have to be a tad bit (car) crazy to buy a Legacy GT. There's no denying, no matter who you are, you can't really get more power (or potential power with a few mods) for the money.

But most of us on the forums bought our car for reasons that aren't completely rational. And we love them.

I dunno. It sounds pretty rational to me. It seems that when Subaru tries marketing its cars that it gets the wrong customers- the ones that like Cheryl Crow more than they like a car that does what it's told. Like the OP.

First of all, I love my '05 LGT Ltd wagon (with short-throw shifter). Nice design, fun to drive, good practicality, seems well-made overall.

On the other hand, I am disappointed in reliability, at least compared to my previous car, a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R. The Integra had zero unscheduled maintenance over 5 years and 105k miles. In fact even as far as scheduled maintenance, I sold it at 105k miles with the original clutch and original brake pads.

I've had my LGT for 2 1/2 years and 50k miles. I had my ECU burn out twice, requiring 2 trips to the dealership (which is a pain because there's no Subaru dealership convenient for me) -- they of course also replaced the relay on the second trip. I had to have my brake rotors turned when my steering wheel started shaking during braking, that happened around 40k miles. And my clutch is badly worn, but I haven't wanted to pay ~$1500 to have it replaced yet.

Before you jump all over me, I live in the same house, driving to the same office, with the exact same driving habits I've had since before I bought my Integra. I'm not a bad driver (in terms of clutch use) and I don't ride the brakes. That should be obvious from what I wrote above about my Integra.

That said, I don't regret buying the car. I'm a little disappointed in the problems, yes. But overall it was still definitely the best car for my needs, and I'm happy to have a car that's fun to drive every day on my long-ish commute but has enough space for my wife and son and me plus some cargo. Also realize that having one sample each of two different cars is not a statistically-significant sample.

-Matt

First of all, I love my '05 LGT Ltd wagon (with short-throw shifter). Nice design, fun to drive, good practicality, seems well-made overall.

On the other hand, I am disappointed in reliability, at least compared to my previous car, a 1998 Acura Integra GS-R. The Integra had zero unscheduled maintenance over 5 years and 105k miles. In fact even as far as scheduled maintenance, I sold it at 105k miles with the original clutch and original brake pads.

I've had my LGT for 2 1/2 years and 50k miles. I had my ECU burn out twice, requiring 2 trips to the dealership (which is a pain because there's no Subaru dealership convenient for me) -- they of course also replaced the relay on the second trip. I had to have my brake rotors turned when my steering wheel started shaking during braking, that happened around 40k miles. And my clutch is badly worn, but I haven't wanted to pay ~$1500 to have it replaced yet.

Before you jump all over me, I live in the same house, driving to the same office, with the exact same driving habits I've had since before I bought my Integra. I'm not a bad driver (in terms of clutch use) and I don't ride the brakes. That should be obvious from what I wrote above about my Integra.

That said, I don't regret buying the car. I'm a little disappointed in the problems, yes. But overall it was still definitely the best car for my needs, and I'm happy to have a car that's fun to drive every day on my long-ish commute but has enough space for my wife and son and me plus some cargo. Also realize that having one sample each of two different cars is not a statistically-significant sample.

-Matt

Nobody doubts the validity of your statements.

I researched before i got the car and knew what i was getting myself into. When people say about reliability "it's no honda" then you can extrapolate it to mean: you will have problems.

No car is perfect and I have a reliable daily driver to make up for the legacy's reliability shortcomings. But for the overall package nothing comes close. (unless you want a ms6)

car for sale. PM me!

Archived