LegacyGT.com

European Parts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was a beautiful day here in the NYC area and I spent the day working on my cars. I finally had a chance to put on my european parts.

Here are pics of the dual console box. Note: I have the standard black cloth interior. The camera flash is making the black look grey.

console1.jpg.e9b51a3466c98dc17d7b788208429089.jpg

console2.jpg.201fb672061187a44374345804041937.jpg

console3.jpg.7eb22507304a95d41afebad8cfaab328.jpg

Here are pics of the splash guards. They aren't as big as mudflaps, but they should help keep some crap off the car. Since they are a OE Subaru part, the holes line up perfectly. Actually the wheel wells are designed to accomodate the screw clips. As you can see, there are no clearance issues with these splash guards.

...and yes, I know my wheel wells are dirty. I did hose in there today.

rearflap.jpg.75e40548a135bbb42a518e89575450ba.jpg

flapfront3.jpg.68de1b2f5451eba5f5cb0a8cdf1cfdf4.jpg

frontflap2.jpg.79854a71b32017bf5f1716e153cb1517.jpg

flapback.jpg.e3933c06660698989866a99dd033d244.jpg

[quote name='Patagonian GT']Edvig - Could you give us an idea of the shipping cost to the US from Cheam? I sent them an email to ask before I order, but no response.[/QUOTE] Shipping cost me 55 pounds or roughly $82.50. The parts were basically sent 2 day shipping. I'm sure there is a cheaper option, but I wanted my parts ASAP. It was my experience that Cheam does take a day or two to send a response email. I would give them a call.

[quote name='Edvig']Shipping cost me 55 pounds or roughly $82.50. The parts were basically sent 2 day shipping. I'm sure there is a cheaper option, but I wanted my parts ASAP. It was my experience that Cheam does take a day or two to send a response email. I would give them a call.[/QUOTE] Thanks......got an email back from one of the guys. The Suby guy is 'on holiday' until next week. I will put my order in then. Did they charge you VAT, or is that only for UK residents? My experience with VAT on purchases has been up in the great white north and they don't charge it to US residents (at least you can get it refunded at the border crossings).

• 2 weeks later...
I have the USDM extension and do like it alot. Have to admit the euro extension looks good, but from your photo and looking at mine I believe the US extension does extend forward more. Everyone should consider this before purchasing

[quote name='jennjay']I have the USDM extension and do like it alot. Have to admit the euro extension looks good, but from your photo and looking at mine I believe the US extension does extend forward more. Everyone should consider this before purchasing[/QUOTE] I really like the extra storage of the Euro extension.

[quote name='jennjay']I have the USDM extension and do like it alot. Have to admit the euro extension looks good, but from your photo and looking at mine I believe the US extension does extend forward more. Everyone should consider this before purchasing[/QUOTE] Based on my elbow-dyno, I'm pretty sure my EDM extension extends further. But I didn't actually take a before and after measurement. I do know for sure that it's higher/taller than the USDM one.

[quote name='jennjay']Also if it is higher how does that effect reaching the lumbar supports on the front seats??? The USDM extension is slightly in the way but the levers can still be reached.[/QUOTE] It's only a little higher than the USDM one, so it doesn't really block the lumbar support lever any more than the USDM one does.

[quote name='sduford']What is the best place to import one of these EDM armrests from?[/QUOTE] Cheam Motors: [url]http://www.cheammotors.co.uk/products.php?productId=326[/url] Thanks to Edvig for sharing this site with us :D

[quote name='Beanboy']Anybody try asking their US Subaru dealer to order a European armrest extension? -B[/QUOTE] I have...and they can't do it. The EDM parts have part numbers that doesn't show up on the US Subaru Parts computer system.

I tried giving Subruparts.com the euro part #s and they were unable to get them. As a separate project it looks like Outback rear splashguards are a bolt on with some very minor mods and the purchase of a couple of fasteners. I will post a full thread when I get them on

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='SnarlyMarley']I tried giving Subruparts.com the euro part #s and they were unable to get them. As a separate project it looks like Outback rear splashguards are a bolt on with some very minor mods and the purchase of a couple of fasteners. I will post a full thread when I get them on[/QUOTE] Dude- don't invest too much yet- you need the bumpers too- they're kind of intergrated into the styling.

Actually, they fit up just about perfect to the GT rear bumper. The Outback has a small horizontal crease in the rear bumper but otherwise seems identical. The splashguard has a small bump that goes in to it; cut back the 5 MM tall bump and they line up perfectly. I did an initial fit Wednesday but ran out of time to finish the job before driving to the in-laws for Thanksgiving. I bought some 'christmas tree' style fasteners that are needed to go on the vertical portion of the guard to hold it in place. Additionally, would you mind seeing & describing / photographing the fasteners on your XT? I'd love to use exactly what Subaru does. Thanks! James

• 2 months later...
[quote name='Patagonian GT']Thanks......got an email back from one of the guys. The Suby guy is 'on holiday' until next week. I will put my order in then. Did they charge you VAT, or is that only for UK residents? My experience with VAT on purchases has been up in the great white north and they don't charge it to US residents (at least you can get it refunded at the border crossings).[/QUOTE] Did you end up ordering? If so, what was the approximate total cost? I assume you didn't splurge on the 2nd day delivery.

Archived