LegacyGT.com

European Parts

I only ordered a shift knob from Cheam. I was trying to organize a group buy as well, but Cheam stopped responding to my emails after encouraging me to do so and drum up some biz for them. :confused: If you order from them, bring two things: $$ for shipping and patience

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Edvig; I checked out Cheams' website and just wanted to confirm with you a part number. I'm ordering the rain visors and it appears the number is [url="http://www.cheammotors.co.uk/products.php?productId=305"][u][color=#606420]E3610AG010[/color][/u][/url] Is that the part number you ordered? I'm pretty sure that's it but I'd hate to have to ship it back across the Atlantic if it's the wrong one:lol: . Thanks, Brian

I ordered the visors through Paul @ AVO - I got the JDM ones. They are more $$, but supposedly a little nicer quality. Not having the EDm and JDM ones side by side, I couldn't tell you if there is really a difference.

Sorry, I don't. I suspect they are exactly the same....maybe the type of plastic is different. Hard to show that in a pic. I was placing an order from AVO, so it made sense to have them throw the visors in vs. ordering separately from Cheam, even though they were $50 more than EDM. It probably cost me the same as the EDM ones shipped, but I got one some have claimed are the better set. Who knows? :confused:

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Patagonian GT']I thought you weren't keeping yours?[/QUOTE] I decided I didn't want to deal with them any more than I had to. I did manage to get some satisfaction out of the deal, but not a refund.

[quote name='Patagonian GT']solid black from a few feet away. Slightly transparent with bright sun if you look at them from inside the car.[/QUOTE] Okay, great thanks Patagonian. That's what I was hoping for. Jedimaster, what's your story? Did you have trouble with Cheams? Brian

Guest *Jedimaster*
Everybody had problems with CC-B :lol: I never got far enough to have problems with Cheams' cause they didn't answer my e-mails :lol:

I'll give Cheams a try through e-mail and if they don't respond then I reckon' I'll give 'em a ring. I think I read here somewhere that their Subaru parts guy was out so maybe their poor response was an isolated incident. I just ran the price through a currency converter and it appears these visors run around 145 USD not including shipping! UUmm... is that right :(? That seems kinda high for 2 pieces of thermoformed plastic. Brian

Jim is the guy who I was chatting with about setting up a GB. He wants to drum up business here in the US, but he never did respond back when I asked him for quantity pricing. WTF? I got my visors from AVO....the JDM ones costs $200.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Patagonian GT']Jim is the guy who I was chatting with about setting up a GB. He wants to drum up business here in the US, but he never did respond back when I asked him for quantity pricing. WTF? I got my visors from AVO....the JDM ones costs $200.[/QUOTE] If he wants to set up GB's, maybe one on the euro armrest extension would be good- I know I want one!

I am not wasting the effort to set up a GB if he won't even respond to my email. That's not a way to do business. I was trying to do it for the WR/Solberg edition shift knob. They cost $60 or so vs. the $150 SubyDude and KOI was charging. And that's before the GB price.

[quote name='jedimaster']If he wants to set up GB's, maybe one on the euro armrest extension would be good- I know I want one![/QUOTE] I would also buy one! BTW, email is notoriously unreliable and I know from personal experience that when you get dozens of emails a day it is very easy for one to slip by unaswered. So I wouldn't judge them based on one unreplied email. Now if that happens repeatedly, then we may have a problem.

Archived