LegacyGT.com

European Parts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='Patagonian GT']I am not wasting the effort to set up a GB if he won't even respond to my email. That's not a way to do business...[/QUOTE] I got a quick and pleasant [URL=http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=126398#post126398][B][COLOR=Blue]response[/COLOR][/B][/URL] to my e-mail I sent to Cheam.

[quote name='trseeley']I got a quick and pleasant [URL=http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=126398#post126398][B][COLOR=Blue]response[/COLOR][/B][/URL] to my e-mail I sent to Cheam.[/QUOTE] Good for you. That's not the norm it seems. :( I got one after repeated emails, an order, and repeated emails after the order didn't arrive. Once we started discussing Cheam's desire to drum up some business in the US, I offered to organize some Group Buys for them. Several emails thereafter went unanswered. Once again, I am awestruck at how hard it is to give a company hard earned money. :rolleyes: Point? Your mileage with Cheam UK may vary. Take that into consideration when ordering. -Dan

maybe sometimes you have to be a little patient. can't expect people to drop everything for you. somebody mentioned he was on holiday so maybe he's catching up with his work. think about this, who would you take care of first. somebody screaming at the counter or somebody sending emails from america?

"can't expect people to drop everything for you"? I wasn't trying to organize a GB for my benefit. I got the part I ordered (finally). I was trying to set something up for the members of LGT.com and to help Cheam get started selling stuff on this board.....something they said they wanted to do. He was on holiday in Dec. I chatted with him after he got back. It's February. Several emails since have gone unanswered. No response. By following your way of thinking Red Beast, would you consider me "patient" if I waited until March before being perturbed?

ya in your case your right. they should at least send a courtesy reply. i just sent a reply back to them today about spec b 3.0r rims. let's see what happens. generally others have been impatient about parts from japan. i come to find out that alot of aftermarket parts made in japan, for the legacy, are being bought there and the companies are trying to keep up.

[quote name='red beast']i heard back from jim childs today about yesterday's email. seems they like me .:D [/QUOTE] I think Steve Main is the parts guy.....Jim referred me to him. He is the one who doesn't like to respond. Did you get good news about your 3.0R wheels?? I really like that design and thought about a similar ASA version for my winter set.

i was looking to get the 3.0r spec b but at $600 shipped (they said they would do better) it's a little steep and i still need tires for them. the other item was the euro grill. the price is 397 + 85 for shipping. still thinking about that one.

$600 each which includes the shipping at $600 each. then $200 a tire and if i buy new tire pressure sensors that $74 each=====$874 per corner===$3,496. [SIZE=4]NO THANKS[/SIZE] tirerack asa jh3 $209 + $200 a tire + $73 pressure sensor== $482x4=$1928 a little more betterer. or stay with the 17x7 subie rims and get a tire with a more "spirited" aka stiffer sidewall. the grill was the cheapest at cc-b but he doesn't answer his email. probably because you guys pissed him off! english euro grill route is about $482 with shipping with a week delivery bullettproof racing $460 with shipping and it might take 10 to 16 weeks. which is, my guess, average for people out of the "subaru system loop" they get 2 containers a month.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Patagonian GT']Good for you. That's not the norm it seems. :( I got one after repeated emails, an order, and repeated emails after the order didn't arrive. Once we started discussing Cheam's desire to drum up some business in the US, I offered to organize some Group Buys for them. Several emails thereafter went unanswered. Once again, I am awestruck at how hard it is to give a company hard earned money. :rolleyes: Point? Your mileage with Cheam UK may vary. Take that into consideration when ordering. -Dan[/QUOTE] I e-mailed Cheam on Feb.9 about shipping costs and got an answer back on the 10th. I ordered via their web site on the 11th with a quick confirmation sent right back to me. They sent me another e-mail on the 15th informing me that the part had been shipped and provided a tracking number. The package was delivered by the USPS today, less than 2 weeks after ordering. This may be atypical service from Cheam, but I couldn't ask for anything better.

[quote name='red beast']somebody mentioned he was on holiday so maybe he's catching up with his work.[/QUOTE] This may be true - that or it took some time for my initial question to be forwarded to him. I sent the original email (I think 2/11) through their parts email address and it took about 10 days for Jim Childs to respond. However, two follow up questions were answered by the next calendar day. This is also consistent with some email I traded with him last November. That said, I ordered the armrest storage box 2/23.

• 3 weeks later...
I got JDM Subaru rainguards through Paul at AVO. When Kevin at KOI was actually running a business that had LGT parts, he told me the JDM ones were out of better quality plastic vs. the EDM or UKDM. Who knows for sure? Maybe that was to justify the higher price. He may have had a higher profit on the JDM stuff too, thus recommending it over the others. Anyways, I got them and like them. I would have to see them side by side with the European versions to see if there is really any difference. I wanted to order through Cheam but email response was slow, and Paul took care of sourcing me the guards and a sport grille, since I was also getting the 20MM RSB. I probably paid a bit more that way, but sometimes good communication and knowing you are taken care of us worth it (case in point: CC-B).

Best to check with Paul, as the exchange rate has surely changed. Here's the [URL=http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_118&products_id=201]link[/URL] for sedans. Wagon P/N = E3617AG010 Sedan P/N = E3617AG000

• 3 months later...
I also regret not having ordered the EURO extension myself... We should get another group buy from somewhere and bring them here... What do you guys think? Flavio Zanetti Boston, MA

Archived