LegacyGT.com

Another KW2 review!

LittleBlueGT

yea, i was just talking to my friend who drives a 300z and when i told him about which coilovers i was thinking of he also compared MR's to crap, i guess nissan gets shafted when it comes to MR stuff. I've pretty much heard only good stuff about MR for lgt.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is actually not true. Ask most S13 and S14 owners about MR coilovers and they love them. The funny thing is that most people who talk sh!t have no personal experience with the product. It's always: "Well I heard from Jim's friend Bob, who has a cousin name Larry, who's brother-in-law Tim didn't like the coilovers..." :lol: Of course, no one knows if the product was correctly installed or what the guy was expecting or looking for from his suspension.

well mine was from personal experience since i rode in the cars and helped install some of them.

they squeaked, groaned, bounced, etc. they felt like some ghetto-fabed spring over shock sleeve type c/o.

but of course these were from 3 years ago, when megan was still kinda of iffy to buy from. and quality control was nonexistent.

recently i have heard of positives from MR in the rsx and s13/s14 community but still none from the sentra since ksport came into the picture. with just 200-300 more money u can get a set of the Ksports c/o that provides way more adjustment than the MR stuff does for the sentra platform.

maybe since u have close ties with MR u can get them to pick up some slack in the other areas that they are lacking. :D

• 1 month later...

hi all,

until last night, I always thought my KWs handled fine at the height I am running, but a friend of mine last night showed me that I had hardly any suspension travel. We both have cars around the same height, his is probably more lower. He jumped on my car and my car moved like slightly, and when he jumped on his car (he has monoflex setup), his car moved a fair bit with around 2 inch or more travel. Even though my car doesn't feel bumpy at all when I hit pot holes and stuff, as I would like to keep running at this height, do you guys recommend that I should change suspension that will allow me more suspension travel. He is a picture with stock wheels.

http://users.on.net/~woozer/stockwheelkw.jpg

I don't get what you mean? Did you follow the instruction on how to set the perches on the coil-overs? I set mine at 1/4" below max height. If you go beyond the specs then you will lose travel. Also what do you have shocks set at. I'm running 12 from hard in front and 14 in rear and running my tires at 35psi. What happend to your 20's"? I'm still running my 19's" :)

112417(2).thumb.JPG.f13a449439f603b298c86d43e2cc126b.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Anybody adjusted height on these yet after a few months of driving? I am having a hard time moving them with just my hands :(

Ted

I have a hard time moving them with the wrench, at least on the vehicle.

Off the vehicle it is no problem.

I don't get what you mean? Did you follow the instruction on how to set the perches on the coil-overs? I set mine at 1/4" below max height. If you go beyond the specs then you will lose travel. Also what do you have shocks set at. I'm running 12 from hard in front and 14 in rear and running my tires at 35psi. What happend to your 20's"? I'm still running my 19's" :)

Hey there, I think I pretty much answered my own question when thinking about it more. I think the suspension place did set below the max height recommendation so as the KWs do not allow me to have much travel as this height I will probably change them the something else. Selling the 20s, just got back from japan and got myself some new 19 Volks.

What wrench did you get? I did not have one in my set :(

Hey Ted. I responded to your PM, but the wrench is usually taped to the bottom of the box. Under all the other packing materials, it pretty easy to overlook it. Double check the box, I'm sure it's in there.

i'm just wondering but has KW ever put their shocks on the shock dyno?

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123666252

example of tripoint engineering putting Ksports on the shock dyno to pretty much show how crappy they are.

There are some rough shock dyno graphs on the KW website. They are one of the few coilovers manufacturers that does their shock manufacturing and valving in house. Their quality is impeccable.

They are one of the few coilovers manufacturers that does their shock manufacturing and valving in house. Their quality is impeccable.

Is it so? I read only Variant 3 are done in house, manufacturing of the rest being outsourced.

• 1 year later...

Update:

I have had these for over 1.5 years, they are working great. I went in for an alignment and the collars were very easy to adjust, even though they have seen a couple of Canadian winters. I found them absolutely fantastic this last weekend at a 2 day track event, turned em up a little bit. Even the EVO guy (he was my instructor) commented on how well the car handled, and how little it understeered.

Anybody adjusted height on these yet after a few months of driving? I am having a hard time moving them with just my hands :(

Ted

I did not even know you couldadjust the height while they were installed on the car. Is that what the gold wrench is for?

Archived