LegacyGT.com

Another KW2 review!

LittleBlueGT

I have a problem and I'm Thinking about getting a set of coilovers. Right now I have :

19x7.5 w/ 225/35/19

H-tech springs

Whiteline F&R adj. swaybays (set on soft)

Superpro poly standard fulcrum bushing

Cusco F&R lower brace

AVO Rear SwayBar reinforcement

My car handles great and ride pretty smooth for the most part. Now that I went stage 2 now I'm getting the same squat I had with stock spring and motor. It's so bad now that if I'm WOT in first or second and hit a small dip the rear of my wagon bottoms out. It the combo of add rear weight of wagon and soft , short springs. I need to get the squat under control and I want to keep a smooth ride(don't we all:wub: ) and I 'm will to raise the rear some. If I get the same wheel gap as the front I think I will be alright. I have heard good things about these coilovers. Do you think these would fix my problem and fit my needs? thanks

144944(1).thumb.JPG.0788fffd0d7798e10a865d626999dc69.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a problem and I'm Thinking about getting a set of coilovers. Right now I have :

19x7.5 w/ 225/35/19

H-tech springs

Whiteline F&R adj. swaybays (set on soft)

Superpro poly standard fulcrum bushing

Cusco F&R lower brace

AVO Rear SwayBar reinforcement

My car handles great and ride pretty smooth for the most part. Now that I went stage 2 now I'm getting the same squat I had with stock spring and motor. It's so bad now that if I'm WOT in first or second and hit a small dip the rear of my wagon bottoms out. It the combo of add rear weight of wagon and soft , short springs. I need to get the squat under control and I want to keep a smooth ride(don't we all:wub: ) and I 'm will to raise the rear some. If I get the same wheel gap as the front I think I will be alright. I have heard good things about these coilovers. Do you think these would fix my problem and fit my needs? thanks

These will more then fix your problem. Your rear will not bottom out, look how you want, but they will handle and ride better too. Win win, but costs more.

But what about the brake bias shifted to the rear :confused:

That is a question that I am still working on.

If one is on a limited budget I would recommend maybe only getting better front pads and keeping the OEM rears in for a while and see how that works.

I know I will be experimenting with different rear pads pretty soon.

So far I have not noticed the brake bias issue...

I rebedded my pads on Saturday and had some VERY hard stops with Hankook RS2s on. My wife and I have bruises, and I NEVER felt the rear end start to come around. This could be the difference with the wagon. I don't know for sure. And remember, I have larger rear brakes that give me even more rear bias than LBGTs...

Ted

:spin:

Come on, unclemat - just go ahead and throw yours on the car and then give us your opinion, too. Stop procrastinating... :lol:

I'm eagerly awaiting your opinion on Bilsteins/Pinks vs. KW's.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Come on, unclemat - just go ahead and throw yours on the car and then give us your opinion, too. Stop procrastinating... :lol:

I'm eagerly awaiting your opinion on Bilsteins/Pinks vs. KW's.

Well, please be patient :) Won't happen until mid April. I'll be too busy travelling in meantime.

So far I have not noticed the brake bias issue...

I rebedded my pads on Saturday and had some VERY hard stops with Hankook RS2s on. My wife and I have bruises, and I NEVER felt the rear end start to come around. This could be the difference with the wagon. I don't know for sure. And remember, I have larger rear brakes that give me even more rear bias than LBGTs...

Ted

WIth ABS the only time I noticed it was on the highway on pure ice. Other then that the EBD seems to do its job.

Try disconnecting the ABS and then see what happens.

Brakes better now with considerably stiffer springs, eh?

Can you post some picture so I can see how your car sits. Now my car is about a 1/2" to a 1" lower in the rear today. That picture is about 7 months old. I think I may just spend the extra money and get the KW's over the Tein basic. They both wont be in till next week. So I have to make my choice soon.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Can you post some picture so I can see how your car sits. Now my car is about a 1/2" to a 1" lower in the rear today. That picture is about 7 months old. I think I may just spend the extra money and get the KW's over the Tein basic. They both wont be in till next week. So I have to make my choice soon.

I could, but it is adjustable, so it will sit how you want it to sit.

KW recommends at least 1.25 inches lower in the front and 0.8 inch lower in the rear for proper shock use.

If you really want pics I can take though, real dirty here lately.

I could, but it is adjustable, so it will sit how you want it to sit.

KW recommends at least 1.25 inches lower in the front and 0.8 inch lower in the rear for proper shock use.

If you really want pics I can take though, real dirty here lately.

You don't have to go through the trouble of reseting it. Just the pictures of how it sit as they recommend is fine. I just want to get an ideal of what that looks like. Because my h-techs say .9" drop and I know it's lower then that. thanks

You don't have to go through the trouble of reseting it. Just the pictures of how it sit as they recommend is fine. I just want to get an ideal of what that looks like. Because my h-techs say .9" drop and I know it's lower then that. thanks

I will get you some pics.;)

istme, here are some pics on a wagon. This is close to the highest setting. I could go another half inch higher in front, another quarter inch in the back. I am exactly 2 fingers all around now...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Suspension/Comparison/SideShot.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Suspension/Comparison/FrontQuarter.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Suspension/Comparison/BackQuarterModified.jpg

So you finally fix everything. Man you were having a hard time getting finish. So how do you like the ride? How far is that from the KW recommended height? I Planned on having mine lower. Maybe one finger space from fender. Thanks for the pictures. Do you have to take off the wheels to adjust height? Do you think these are worth the extra $700 over the Tein Basics?

The max recommended height is 13.8" in the front, 14.2" in the rear (measured from the center of the wheel to the fender)

I am at 14" front and rear, but my front set-up is actually .5" lower than the "max" height measured by the threads. This is due to the camber plate raising the height slightly more than 3/8". W/o the camber plate, you can lower all the way down to 12.6" front, 13" rear. So, about 1.5" lower than me in the front and 1" lower in the rear. That would be about .5 finger gap in the rear and almost tucked in the front...

Yes, they are worth it. The valving is better than any Teins I have ever been on, PERIOD...

Do you have to take off the wheels to adjust height? Do you think these are worth the extra $700 over the Tein Basics?

It is easier to take off the wheels to adj the rear, the fronts I haven't adjusted as they were perfect from the get-go.

They are worth more then $700 more IMO. I think these are a steal for $1500.

thanks for the wagon pics. looks like a nice stance and you shouldnt have to worry about the front bumper too much....why must you tempt me. i need to stay off this board! you bought from boostjunkie? i thought he was the MR pimp? KW too?

Yes, they are worth it. The valving is better than any Teins I have ever been on, PERIOD...

Thanks for the info. Now Tein and my wallet hates you.:lol:

thanks for the wagon pics. looks like a nice stance and you shouldnt have to worry about the front bumper too much....why must you tempt me. i need to stay off this board! you bought from boostjunkie? i thought he was the MR pimp? KW too?

Everyone with KW's who has posted in this thread (except for unclemat) bought their KW's from me. The MR coilovers are great, but the KW's fit the needs of some people better so that's why I carry them. Let me know if you need I set, I'll hook you up a great deal and support the product after the sale like I do for all my customers.

istme, here are some pics on a wagon. This is close to the highest setting. I could go another half inch higher in front, another quarter inch in the back. I am exactly 2 fingers all around now...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Suspension/Comparison/SideShot.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Suspension/Comparison/FrontQuarter.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Suspension/Comparison/BackQuarterModified.jpg

That looks awesome!

- Drew

• 2 weeks later...

Archived