LegacyGT.com

Another KW2 review!

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They did not get here:( . I need these bad. It seems like the rear sag is getting worst. I have to baby the car know when I drive it.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I hold the record for the most time these coilovers have remained in a box with my DMS plates...

Alas they are finally installed...

I removed my old GPMotos which were WAY punishing for potholed buffalo.

The Verdict: They kick major ass. Even with my Blizzak WS-50's squirmy multicell rubber mounted, the car handles like a dream. Slightly less front end response than the GP motos but with a ride that is 1 billion times better. The shock valving is excellent.

My next step is to remount my summer wheels and add a rear sway... ill let you know how it goes.

I hold the record for the most time these coilovers have remained in a box with my DMS plates...

Alas they are finally installed...

I removed my old GPMotos which were WAY punishing for potholed buffalo.

The Verdict: They kick major ass. Even with my Blizzak WS-50's squirmy multicell rubber mounted, the car handles like a dream. Slightly less front end response than the GP motos but with a ride that is 1 billion times better. The shock valving is excellent.

My next step is to remount my summer wheels and add a rear sway... ill let you know how it goes.

Holy crap! You only just installed them now?!? I think the first set of KW's I sold went to you.:lol:

not leggy related but i installed some kw2s on my cousins 335 on Saturday and the ride is super smooth

we haven't played with the dampening yet but straight out the box they ride just like stock

Holy crap! You only just installed them now?!? I think the first set of KW's I sold went to you.:lol:

I know... Im lazy...

The perrin TMIC I bought 12 months ago is still sitting in the box as well...

I just got mine.:) I will put them on tomorrow. Any pointers? What did you set your dampers at? These aren't the greatest instuctions. Do I need to set the pre-load on the springs? Thanks
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I just got mine.:) I will put them on tomorrow. Any pointers? What did you set your dampers at? These aren't the greatest instuctions. Do I need to set the pre-load on the springs? Thanks

The instructions are actually excellent. There are guidelines for setting the spring perches. As a baseline, set the rear spring perches till the helper springs are just about in coil bind. For the fronts, set them to 1/2" under the max ride height that KW recommends. For the dampeners turn both full clockwise (full hard) then adjust the rears 10 clicks back and the fronts 8 clicks back.

Make sure that the amount of preload on the fronts match and the the rears match each other as well. Do not be surprised if your ride height is not perfectly even when you drop the car down. Unless it is drastically leaning to one side or the other, just let it be and drive the car around for a couple days. Then measure the height of each corner and level them out. Better yet, get the car corner balanced when you have it aligned. You will have to go to a specialty alignment place to have the corner balancing done. I'd recommend West End Alignment, which is reasonably close by to you. Be prepared to wait a week or two for an appointment as they are in high demand.

Thanks again, Paul. I got to the shop and Sam was no where to be found. There was a guy there tunning some sick M3s luckly he had Sam number and everything turned out OK. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I take a degree of offense to that statement and I believe that anyone who has any experience with any of Megan Racing's LGT products will too. I love KW suspension and have sold plenty of their coilovers to forum members, but to dismiss MR as being the same crap as APC is ridiculous. I have personally helped in the developement of all of MR's LGT products and I am quite proud of all of them. It is unfortunate when someone who has absolutely no personal experience with a product feels the need to make comments such as yours based solely on brand perception.

does anyone have a comparison between these and megan racing coilovers? im debating between the two.

I think I'm one of only 2 members here who has had both sets of coilovers. The KW's ride more comfortably, with less impact harshness and NVH. The MR's respond to steering inputs a but more sharply and offer slightly better handling balance (ie: more neutral). Having said that, the KW's are not vastly more comfortable than the MR's, and the MR's do not handle vastly better than the KW's. The ones you pick depend primarily on your budget and desired ride/handling compromise. When you decide, shoot me a PM since I carry both.

does anyone have a comparison between these and megan racing coilovers? im debating between the two.

Come to the mid-night meet on Saturday and I will take you for a ride. I didn't get the MR's ($500 cheaper then the KW) because I worried about a smooth ride and NHV. The MR have pillow bushing that transfer more NHV then the rubber oem top hats. I can tell you the ride is nice and much better then my old H-techs. And in the curves the car just sticks and is very stable.

is it tonite?

we will be at Tommy's in downtown. Check the socal thread. We are meeting at 10pm then go take pictures. I just finished washing my car.

I take a degree of offense to that statement and I believe that anyone who has any experience with any of Megan Racing's LGT products will too. I love KW suspension and have sold plenty of their coilovers to forum members, but to dismiss MR as being the same crap as APC is ridiculous. I have personally helped in the developement of all of MR's LGT products and I am quite proud of all of them. It is unfortunate when someone who has absolutely no personal experience with a product feels the need to make comments such as yours based solely on brand perception.

whoa.... didn't mean to strike a nerve but that was my experience when it came to the MR stuff for sentras. i haven't had any experience with the legacy side. so i'm sorry if i'm wrong about that. but i know from friends/teammates is that the MR stuff for the nissan sentra was... undesirable to say the least. maybe if someone over there cared as much as u do (with the legacy) about the sentra platform we might of gotten better products. but then again, we sentra owners are use to being left out. heck we even get shunned at Stillen meets and they are suppose to be "all nissan/infiniti" tuner..... heh

Archived