LegacyGT.com

Legacy Specific ACT Clutch. I WIN!!

sleepin gt

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They don't have part #s on the site, so I'm assuming that those are the prices. Maybe I'll give them a call. I'm at 53000 - with 16000 on the sti swap - and my clutch is feeling ... funny. Plus I need new front halfshafts. I would like to do it all at the same time.

Wowser, that'll be $1,000 after shipping !!!

Not cheap.

Yeah.... :(

I don't know about you guys... but I have an issue throwing that much at a clutch.

You can get a really nice street/strip clutch, pressure plate and flywheel for alot of other makes for 1/2 the money or less.

Why the price gouging?

All I know is that I will not ever buy another clutch that isn't marketed by the manufacturer for my specific vehicle, regardless of what MTS says :lol:.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Sleeping GT,

I don't think you mentioned the load capibility. When you are launching don't forget to do some slow moving inclines with a passenger. Also, turn on the A/C to check for stinky. Thanks again for the feedback BTW!!

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

I don't think we could get a true review in a couple of days or even a week. This should take at least about a month of various driving conditions.
I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Update: I LOVE it. The pedal is perfect, there is never any stink, the car actually feels like its peppier down low due to the flywheel (not sure thats possible)....

1000 bucks is not chicken sheet, but ACT prices just rose last month and an sti clutch for example is 750+ and a flywheel is 350+.... Considering its such a serious piece to install, i just warn, dont go cheap on this mod guys. For those of you that are going to launch it a lot, i suggest a G6 or R6 plate. A sprung 6 puck is not as bad as you would think...

Not even sure they have that disk out yet... but all i gotta say is this is quite a pleasure to drive!

Update: I LOVE it. The pedal is perfect, there is never any stink, the car actually feels like its peppier down low due to the flywheel (not sure thats possible)....

1000 bucks is not chicken sheet, but ACT prices just rose last month and an sti clutch for example is 750+ and a flywheel is 350+.... Considering its such a serious piece to install, i just warn, dont go cheap on this mod guys. For those of you that are going to launch it a lot, i suggest a G6 or R6 plate. A sprung 6 puck is not as bad as you would think...

Not even sure they have that disk out yet... but all i gotta say is this is quite a pleasure to drive!

Just to put things in perspective, that's what alot of us said after installing the RPS clutch. 10,000 miles later and it's a different story.

Do you have any details on the ACT package ? Torque capacity, flywheel weight ?

So it sounds like you can really hammer this clutch like you want without harming it huh?

maybe the clutch and fly, but then you put added stress on the transmission and diffs. (sh*t rolls downhill)

i think i'm right. :lol:

Why does the complete race kit cost hundred dollars less? Wouldn't one think that the street version would be cheaper? I know I personally would rather have the race version if its cheaper. (Is the race clutch a lot tougher to engage or something?)

Archived