LegacyGT.com

Legacy Specific ACT Clutch. I WIN!!

sleepin gt

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just installed the ACT SB5-HDMM with an OEM WRX flywheel and it feels great. To each his own, but I think people can get overly excited about "added performance" from the lightweight flywheel, when in reality, they'd be happier with the OEM WRX flywheel (and you do save a little weight...great balance). That's not to say some will like the lightweight, but I'd bet more will like the OEM WRX.

• 8 months later...

TOMMYPENGUIN, UPDATE?

Can you guys give me an idea about what mileage everyone is changing out these clutch setups?

I also got tired after the first 3 pages.

Can you give me a quick review on what is available today in regards to an ACT clutch setup?

I just want a GOOD replacement for stock. I run Stage 2.

Don't need anything super high performance.

I have 70,000 miles on stock setup.

Thanks!

I had about 50k on the stock setup, ran stage 2 since about 36k. I got the ACT HD with the WRX light weight flywheel combo from Fred Beans. I also have a lightweight crank pulley.

I have about 10k on the ACT setup and I really like it. I autox and launch the car a couple times a month. No real problems. The only thing is the harsher engagement going into 2nd gear for me. All the others are very smooth. But my stock clutch was kinda the same way going into second.

It really doesn't feel a whole lot different from the stock clutch.

+2 on ACT/WRX setup

Stage 2 since like 10-20k

Stock clutch replaced at 54k (beginning to slip occasionally)

56k now, and ACT feels much better and less stiff than it originally did - girlfriend doesn't find it objectionable, either.

act full face and act fly installed yesterday...love it thus far...revs much faster, grabs like crazy...downside, stiffer pedal and a bit of a rubbery/crunchy feel at the bottom of the pedal...think the pedal assembly might be loose where it bolts to firewall...also developed a knock/tong on the passenger side over left turns/hard bumps which i've heard only 3 times since install...the spring may have moved/unseated itself...dont know yet...

TOMMYPENGUIN, UPDATE?

Can you guys give me an idea about what mileage everyone is changing out these clutch setups?

I also got tired after the first 3 pages.

Can you give me a quick review on what is available today in regards to an ACT clutch setup?

I just want a GOOD replacement for stock. I run Stage 2.

Don't need anything super high performance.

I have 70,000 miles on stock setup.

Thanks!

Just had the ACT SB5-HDMM clutch and OEM ('06wrx/'07lgt) flywheel installed Thursday. My stock clutch started slipping at about 58k. Pedal firmness is only a tiny bit more firm than stock but it kind of pops up quickly which takes a little getting used to. I had it mastered within a day though. Two days later and i'm already forgetting what the stock pedal felt like. I chose this setup for the exact same reasons you are considering - specifically the heavier OEM flywheel over the light weight flywheel.

Hope this helps,

Hanslo

A friend of mine that has a Saturn 5sp drove my car a couple weeks ago and his first reaction was "holy crap, you have to be Superman to push the clutch pedal down" I have an ACT clutch setup, its like the stage 1 setup, that I have had for about 20k and I cant say that I like it too much. I am going back to Spec after this one.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My group buy RS2.5 clutch finally bit the dust after 4 years........but only 16K miles. A lot of that with track use, and dragstrip runs, but whatever.

Being tight on $$$ I went with the Exedy setup, and the ACT Streetlite ($2 cheaper than a WRX flywheel at RallySportDirect). $626 delivered.

I figured that only running Stage 1, the stock clutch lasted 40K miles with track days and 150+ dragstrip runs, so something close to stock would be fine. And I liked the Streetlite with the previous setup.

Ron

Archived