LegacyGT.com

Legacy Specific ACT Clutch. I WIN!!

sleepin gt

Too drunk to drive. updates tomorrow!!!!!!!

Ahahahahahaha.......

Thanks for the side by side pics, they are very helpful. I have 2 of the 4 pp's you have pictured there, but apparently not the right ones! Eager to hear your reviews of it's drivability!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its fine....

engagement maybe 1/4 of the pedal throw from the floor.

having had a lot of clutches, i must say that no matter what clutch you have, you will get used to it in 2 days. Only the HARDEST OF THE HARD are not as easy to get used to. The pedal feel is pretty much effortless. I think i liked how heavy my spec clutch was a little better, but maybe now my left leg will go back down to normal size and it wont look like im skipping when i run :lol: jk

Ill go get some miles on it and bumpdate later tonight.

Dude.. you kidding me? The ACT pedal effort is lighter than the Spec? When I drove your car I thought the pedal effort with the Spec was pretty dang close to stock. If the ACT holds well and the pedal effort is light, go ahead and get one for me. My stocker (along with the rest of the car) was doing well enough to impress a guy on a crotch rocket today, but I'm sure I'm on borrowed time with the stock clutch.

So who do I talk to to get one? Sleepin GT, what year LGT do you have? If an '05, is the early or late year build?

Thanks and GREAT NEWS that everything feels good!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Precision tuning just got this clutch in from Act and it would not match up with the holes from the legacy flywheel. This was yesterday. Are there some anomalies between flywheels in different years?

Matt

yeah... on my 9th picture i show the stock flywheel holes not matching up with the act clutch holes... you have to get the flywheel with it, but its worth it!! I used to have quite a delay when throttle bliping, now its instantaneous. This clutch feels good. Paul, the pedal effort of the top 3/4 of the spec was like stock, but the bottom quarter was pretty darn hard. It was easier to slam thru the gears with a hard clutch, so i think... but im sure ill get this one down in no time. No complications, no strangeness, simple swap when youre doing both the clutch and flywheel.

If anyone besides paul wants a combo pack, tell me in this thread, maybe ill setup a group buy (dont expect the deal of the centruy considering it JUST came out, but im sure i can do better than retail if i get a few guys in on it.

And paul, if you want to drive it to give another review/perspective, you know youre always welcome to drive her ;)

in a week ill try to launch it.

As far as my spec clutch is concerned... i dont know much about how to read a clutch's wear marks, but i knew from the time i put it in that my flywheel was in bad shape (wobbly, hardly resurfaced). When i finally got the clutch out (as you can see in the pictures) it seems that my dual mass decided to not be dual mass anymore, and actually broke everything internally and screwed itself down to the bumpstops. It was completely glazed and thus ate away at my disk inordanently fast. The flywheel side of my disk was non existant, but the pressure plate side had most of its meat left on it. Im pretty darn positive that its my flywheels fault, and my clutch was good to me until the end.

yeah... on my 9th picture i show the stock flywheel holes not matching up with the act clutch holes... you have to get the flywheel with it, but its worth it!! I used to have quite a delay when throttle bliping, now its instantaneous. This clutch feels good. Paul, the pedal effort of the top 3/4 of the spec was like stock, but the bottom quarter was pretty darn hard. It was easier to slam thru the gears with a hard clutch, so i think... but im sure ill get this one down in no time. No complications, no strangeness, simple swap when youre doing both the clutch and flywheel.

If anyone besides paul wants a combo pack, tell me in this thread, maybe ill setup a group buy (dont expect the deal of the centruy considering it JUST came out, but im sure i can do better than retail if i get a few guys in on it.

And paul, if you want to drive it to give another review/perspective, you know youre always welcome to drive her ;)

in a week ill try to launch it.

As far as my spec clutch is concerned... i dont know much about how to read a clutch's wear marks, but i knew from the time i put it in that my flywheel was in bad shape (wobbly, hardly resurfaced). When i finally got the clutch out (as you can see in the pictures) it seems that my dual mass decided to not be dual mass anymore, and actually broke everything internally and screwed itself down to the bumpstops. It was completely glazed and thus ate away at my disk inordanently fast. The flywheel side of my disk was non existant, but the pressure plate side had most of its meat left on it. Im pretty darn positive that its my flywheels fault, and my clutch was good to me until the end.

Thanks mang! I'll swing by sometime to take you up on your offer of driving your car. BTW, I swapped out the BOV, cranked even more preload on the wastegate and put in the Hallman MBC, and the car is holding boost quite nicely now. I'm going to log my boost and make sure it can get up to where I need it for the alky tune and that it isn't creeping with the limited movement the wastegate flapper now has. I'll give you a call to see when I can come back for my alky tune.

Great... I can finally pay the balance on my package and have it ready for my install day. Ian, great timing, i will stay posted for any future news, but just the fact it fits is awesome... Cant wait

Click

Here everyday:redface:

Archived