LegacyGT.com

Legacy Specific ACT Clutch. I WIN!!

sleepin gt

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply
engine seems a little more responsive but what do i know i'm old and stupid anything feels fast to me. :lol: will check back when i get some more miles on it so far so good. :) bosco

Well, there is a slight performance gain to be had from the lighter WRX flywheel so don't chalk it up to a senior moment just yet:lol:;). Glad everything went in without a hitch. I'm definately looking forward to seeing how your car drives once it's broken in.

ignore him, he'll go away.

still getting used to it on different inclines. level roads you only need very little gas to put her in 1st. on a hill however she takes a little getting used to. it's just a different feel. overall, still very pleased. AND NO SLIP...YAHOOO!

First day with the new set up. ACT Street light FW and clutch kit. Very grabby,takes some getting used to but I like the feel very much. Pedal feel is fine, grabs in the middle of my throw. I would say that it is well worth it and I can't wait to be able to drive it again like I want to...

My PP/FW was horribly scorched, clutch disc had plenty of meat though. I still have yet to experience any chatter. The install is very straight foward only difficulties were trying to seperate and reconnect the motor and trans without a lift or hoist.

Yea mine was badly scorched and blue too. Same on the clutch disc, mine had plenty of life left. Install went fine, only took about 2 hours to get it all back together. No chatter here either, at least nothing that I notice to be very bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 700 miles on the new set up. (HD street clutch + OEM WRX fly)

clutch engagement has gotten smoother. the entire thing has smoothed out....i imagine its a combo of my learning the new clutch and the break in. all i know is that it's as easy to drive as stock. engine revs a tiny bit faster and clutch holds MUCH better.

i'm out.

happy holidays.

Parts (ACT Street Oem wrx fly) will be in Monday install on Jan 4

Everything sounds Good^

Happy Holidays

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Update: 700 miles on the new set up. (HD street clutch + OEM WRX fly)

clutch engagement has gotten smoother. the entire thing has smoothed out....i imagine its a combo of my learning the new clutch and the break in. all i know is that it's as easy to drive as stock. engine revs a tiny bit faster and clutch holds MUCH better.

i'm out.

happy holidays.

300 miles and i second this. Merry Christmas. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Does anyone else with this clutch setup notice their Throw out bearing making noise?

Mine started doing it 2 months after install and continues to as well. It's almost a chirping noise that goes away when you press ever so slightly on the clutch.

That be it... Sucks huh. It does it farily constantly for me. Sorry to put this in two places but this is where I knew people were talking about this clutch set up and I wanted to see if the guys who had this setup put on as well were having the same issue or not.

And as it is with any aftermarket parts. You improve things in one area, but there are compromises in other areas that will never equal the "stock part experience".

No doubt that the clutch was much needed and I will gladly trade a little squeel for the performance gained. I just figured that I would ask the rest of the community if they had also noticed the noise and if anyone knew of anything that would fix it.

^

ACT HD street clutch + 06 WRX OEM Fly (same as Bosco)

correct, the ACT kit came with the clutch, PP, TO brg. and a pilot brg. the pilot brg. that came with the kit was not used as the WRX FW had the factory pilot brg. already installed. clutch chattered a little for the first fifty miles from a standing start then as if wore in it smoothed out. there are no sounds coming from the clutch setup. the take up is fine and the amount of effort to push in is slightly higher but in a good way more of a performance feel. it drives good and does not slip at full boost (22 psi) your results may vary. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Archived