LegacyGT.com

Legacy Specific ACT Clutch. I WIN!!

sleepin gt

Yes it is.

That is why you need the whole kit (fly, PP, disc) and you can't match & match 06 rex type pieces with LGT pieces.

All or nothing!

i have the whole kit just wonder how the smaller fw affects the starter. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive had this combo on for over 25k miles WITH a LW Perrin Pulley. i love it and its a helluva lot better than the OEM :lol:

obviously sucks to drive in Los Angeles bumper to bumper traffic, just give it more gas than usually and your fine ... but your wallet will hate you when you get to the gas station.

if you drive right theres no chatter. no stink. no slip.

have NOT launched it yet NOR used LC. sorry :( this is my 3rd clutch so im thinking i i shouldnt even try :lol: it likes flatfoot shifting tho :D

my local shop is scheduled to do mine on monday, does anyone have JUST the clutch install instructions and/or the schematics from the vacation pics that you could pm or e-mail me? the local shop has done other imports just not a LGT and i want to make this as painless as possible for them. btw i tried to download but it's not working for me. and yes i searched but nothing detailed enough. thanks bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Got both of you beat.

$550 Clutch (installer supplied)

$200 WRX FLY (TKOP)

-$100 Subie bucks

$650!

yeah its the oem fly, but the LWFW is @ $235 so even if i had gotten it...$685.

($750 and $785 without subie bucks....you'd beat me by $15 if I had the LWFW.)

When a flywheels costs $199.27 and I use 100 subie bucks and the total is $99.27, that's "real cash" to me. :rolleyes:

btw...subie bucks have gotten me...

HPS pads

Brake Fluid

Spec B tophats

Perrin TMIC

Oil Filters

Coolant

Momo shift knob

WRX OEM Fly + $99

3% back on all purchases. Not too many card do that.

When a flywheels costs $199.27 and I use 100 subie bucks and the total is $99.27, that's "real cash" to me. :rolleyes:

btw...subie bucks have gotten me...

HPS pads

Brake Fluid

Spec B tophats

Perrin TMIC

Oil Filters

Coolant

Momo shift knob

WRX OEM Fly + $99

3% back on all purchases. Not too many card do that.

All my cards return atleast 5% on all purchases....My "real" cash went towards everything you can find outside a Subie dealership....

^ 5% nice. Annual limit?

back to the clutch. she's still breaking in nicely. the only thing i've noticed is a very very slight vibration after shifting early into 3rd and applying some gas. While in 3rd around 1500PRM-2000PRM i get a minor vibration. Again it's so minor you can't feel it through the steering wheel. You more hear it than anything. And to hear it you need to be paying attention.

yeah, but i remember with the oem set up or probably any set up on any car, if you shift too early then the low rpms you get a little vibration or bucking as the car is looking for more gas. in this case, it's just a different "feel" and/or sound. Nothing that makes me think I made a bad choice.

I just got my ACT clutch and FW in the mail and I noticed that I only got 6 FW bolts and there are 8 holes to fill? Am I missing something? Also I do not see any spacer ring in my FW assembly.

The 6 bolts that come with the flywheel are to hold the pressure plate on to the flywheel.

Bosco you get it in yet?

^ boy i could have some fun with that one. :lol: dropped it off today at 9 am, might have to p/u tomorrow morning depending on when they finish it. i'm at the mercy of friends giving me a ride will let everyone know what happens soon. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

picked up car today, 4.5 hrs. labor $382.00, ACT kit $616.00, WRX 06 fw $227.00 total $1225.00 (all numbers rounded off). shop said it's one of the easiest clutch installs he has done and all parts fit as stated. clutch is very easy to push in, a little firmer than stock but not enough to worry about actually has more of a performance feel. "take up" is the same as stock i can't really tell a difference. starting off in 1st gear there is a mild "chatter" sometimes and when i adjusted my technique chatter is pretty much gone. car shifts smooth up and down, no issues. on the way home i "rolled into it" a couple of times and clutch does not slip at all now. original fw/pp has minor "bluing/glazing" and very little wear on the disk i think with the power i have the stock system just doesn't have enough clamping force. engine seems a little more responsive but what do i know i'm old and stupid anything feels fast to me. :lol: will check back when i get some more miles on it so far so good. :) bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

My PP/FW was horribly scorched, clutch disc had plenty of meat though. I still have yet to experience any chatter. The install is very straight foward only difficulties were trying to seperate and reconnect the motor and trans without a lift or hoist.

Archived