LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clarifying nKoan.

I wouldn't know as I live about 2 miles away from them so I just went and picked it up. :lol: :lol: ;)

Oh yeah, in case anyone cares, I finally got my Parrot Bluetooth kit working. Had to have the "blue box" replaced. :D

Cheers!

-Ian

(for those who came in late, Tim-M found the proper connector and pins that plugs into the 8-pin aux connector on the back of some Subaru factory radios)

It looks like the cable will only work on the Clarion used in the 2007-2008 Impreza :(

The Legacy is different setup, thanks to Nick for trying anyway.

Yes, the alignment "keys" on the aux connector is different on Imprezas vs. Legacies.

But will the individual pins/wires from your connector snap into the Legacy's connector?

That would still be helpful — people would not have to transplant and recycle the factory wires (as described in post #2 of this same thread).

If there is anyone with a B spec radio in the Metro Toronto area, I'd be happy to test out the terminals I have to see if they will fit the OEM Subaru connector...

Or if anyone has a spare plug they can be without for a few weeks, I can see what I can do.

PM me if interested, or send me an e-mail at: jtco(at)sympatico(dot)ca

I'll pay shipping both ways :)

Cheers,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone notice their Ipod (and only the ipod) sounds louder on one side? Mine seems to be about 2/3 steps to the right.. I need to put the balance at L2/3 for it to level out..

Ipod works so I dont think the connection is loose? Over multiple songs, but some times you could hear (mid song) that the balance changed.. connection on the ipod seems secure..

Anyone else?

(for those who came in late, Tim-M found the proper connector and pins that plugs into the 8-pin aux connector on the back of some Subaru factory radios)

Yes, the alignment "keys" on the aux connector is different on Imprezas vs. Legacies.

But will the individual pins/wires from your connector snap into the Legacy's connector?

That would still be helpful — people would not have to transplant and recycle the factory wires (as described in post #2 of this same thread).

If its just the wires and pins your worried about, I found out the pins from a computer Molex connector fit really well.. just FYI, i had a bunch laying around so I used those.. worked great!

If its just the wires and pins your worried about, I found out the pins from a computer Molex connector fit really well.. just FYI, i had a bunch laying around so I used those.. worked great!

Just to clarify, it is the computer HDD molex connector you are using?

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Anyone notice their Ipod (and only the ipod) sounds louder on one side? Mine seems to be about 2/3 steps to the right.. I need to put the balance at L2/3 for it to level out..

Ipod works so I dont think the connection is loose? Over multiple songs, but some times you could hear (mid song) that the balance changed.. connection on the ipod seems secure..

Anyone else?

No, I haven't noticed this. I'll have to check it out soon. Thanks for the heads up.

• 1 month later...

In this thread on adding Sirius to the 2007 Head unit, I have a question. Here is my post from that thread.

Just trying to find out if the 2005 legacy has the Sirius antenna wire already there in the headliner.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1467743#post1467743

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark34 http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

3) Pull down gently on the roof liner. It may make a noise but thats ok. Fish the pink antenna connector thru and connect to the pink connector in the driver's side headliner.

4) Mount antenna to windshield either in the corner or by the rearview mirror. (I went rearview)

5) Push headliner back into place and reinstall the lights and the two screws and the cover.

The pink wire you are talking about in the drivers side headliner, was it already there?

In the install instructions it looks as though it is, and I am not sure if the 2005 Legacy's have this wire preinstalled in the headliner.

Anyone done this on a 2005 Legacy? goneskiian?

Edited by Scooby2.5

In the install instructions it looks as though it is, and I am not sure if the 2005 Legacy's have this wire preinstalled in the headliner.

Anyone done this on a 2005 Legacy? goneskiian?

Honestly, I haven't looked. I don't have satellite radio running so I don't know.

Cheers!

-Ian

Anyone else?

I think this may be the case with mine too. Although I didn't notice it being that bad. I set mine on L1 and it seemed fine.

I'll have to compare it to when not using the iPod interface as well.

Just to let everyone know. Tristan said there were only five of these radios left in the states and he had a hard time getting one for me. He told me it may be the last new one anyone can purchase. Now there are 4 left.

The reason seems to be they need them for warranty repairs and such.

It doesnt seem like they are making them anymore.

One other question, does anyone know if the spec B radio part number is the same for the 2007 GT?

Just wondering if there is an alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 2007 spec b radio installed in my 2005 today, works great. Look for the thread I started asking for the manual as someone posted it if you need it.

One thing I noticed with the radio. On the display for both the heater and the radio you can really see the red trace lines in the background alot more than you could on my 2005 radio.

When the radio is off but the car is on you can see them pretty good especially if it is night time.

Anyone else notice this?

Thanks Ian,

The SRS WOW feature is just like they call it WOW!!!!

Major difference from the other radio.

Now I want to get the aux in working and the sirius satellite. Next on the list.

If anyone wants to know as well, The king of Parts is GREAT to work with!!!!!

Tristan has been helping me alot, and so far they have beat EVERYONE'S prices.

Kjiz

I posted a question to Tim on NASIOC in the thread you listed, hopefully he will reply.

What exactly is the reason (cant figure it out from this thread) you cant just get Subaru's wiring from the Aux in to the Radio?

greg

I got my new radio in today. I'll confirm what ckrausgri posted, part number 86201AG67A includes the face plate and internal head unit. It's all you need. I got mine from subarugenuineparts.com for $431.67.

FWIW, I also ordered part number 86257XA10A ($14.25). It's a small box with a six pin adapter and small headphone jack.

Are the male plugs for this six pin easy to come by? :spin:

I'll let you know how the install goes. I'm taking it to a small local stereo shop as I'm not experienced enough to do this myself. As I've mentioned I'm going to have them run the wires for the steering wheel with audio controls (that I'm going to purchase in the near future) as well.

Cheers!

-Ian

Ian

Is this the correct part number 86257XA10A for the aux in that is inside the console storage bin right next to the power plug?

Anyone mounted it yet in the console storage bin?