LegacyGT.com

2007 Spec B Radio information thread

Deer Killer

Ian

Is this the correct part number 86257XA10A for the aux in that is inside the console storage bin right next to the power plug?

Anyone mounted it yet in the console storage bin?

Greg,

Yes. I posted picure's of this part in post #81 of this very thread. Very cool to see that someone has created a connector for it (or one that may work anyway) and the stereo. That was the big hurdle in my mind for getting this to work. I was just going to have a stereo shop make the connection (because I'm a complete electronics noob). Then when the iPod Integration kit came out I ended up selling my aux box as all I wanted to do was be able to connect an iPod.

If there is an inexpensive and plug-n-play solution I may end up adding this as well just in case!

As for the SRS WOW...I'm not really that impressed. Seems a bit like overkill to me. I've got the OEM subwoofer under my front seat and I've tried the SRS WOW a couple times but just can't seem to get it to my liking. It sends too much bass through the front door speakers for me. I can see that if you don't have a sub how it can be a major improvement though.

Cheers!

-Ian

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on NASIOC. It should work with ours as well correct?

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1156792&page=4

I tried Tim-M's cable for the 08 Impreza, and it didn't work with my 07 Radio. He may have come up with a solution, but I haven't talked with him on the subject in months.

EDIT: See post 128 in this very thread

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1403443&postcount=128

So I got my ipod for xmas, connected it to the 07 unit and it is Awesome!!

However, when ever I scroll by artist, it blinks fairly slowly

Anyone else confirm this is correct? Also, sometimes it doesnt update the song. I think it might be related to gapless playback but im not sure. Its kinda random..

Greg,

Yes. I posted picure's of this part in post #81 of this very thread. Very cool to see that someone has created a connector for it (or one that may work anyway) and the stereo. That was the big hurdle in my mind for getting this to work. I was just going to have a stereo shop make the connection (because I'm a complete electronics noob). Then when the iPod Integration kit came out I ended up selling my aux box as all I wanted to do was be able to connect an iPod.

If there is an inexpensive and plug-n-play solution I may end up adding this as well just in case!

As for the SRS WOW...I'm not really that impressed. Seems a bit like overkill to me. I've got the OEM subwoofer under my front seat and I've tried the SRS WOW a couple times but just can't seem to get it to my liking. It sends too much bass through the front door speakers for me. I can see that if you don't have a sub how it can be a major improvement though.

Cheers!

-Ian

I actually have the front sub.

I plugged in Molex pins from a PCIe cable for my computer I hacked up. Works good, but I gotta fiddle with it - the left side is quieter than the right, and im sure its to do with my wiring, however, I use the Ipod plug 99% of the time now soo...its far down my to-do list..

Greg,

Cheers!

-Ian

I cant get over how much BETTER it sounds with SRS, I cant listen to anything without it, it really opens up the highs and mid range... I get in my g/fs outback sport and wonder why her speakers sound messed up..then I remember, she doesnt have SRS :(

Anyone hav the stock NAV AND the OEM sub? The part on subaru says that it's not for cars with NAV. I think they're supposed to both be mounted under the driver's seat.
When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

• 1 month later...

Went to radio shack to see if they had any Antennas and I found that they have a new Sirius antenna that magnet mounts on the outside of the car. Took it home and it plugged right into the Subaru Sirius Tuner.

Ran the wire from the middle front of the windshield, around toward the passenger side in the window rubber using the handle end of a teaspoon and a dental pick. Went down by where the hood, door and fender meet and into the door area following the wires from the door into the car. Went behind the glove box area (remove as if putting in cabin filter) and then behind the radio. The radio shack antenna plugged right in.

The subarus use a PINK FAKRA plastic connector which surrounds an SMB. This radio shack antenna will fit inside the pink FAKRA housing and right into the SMB on the subaru sirius tuner without any modifications.

Use this Radio Shack Antenna if you do not have the pink FAKRA cable from the map lights down to the radio area because your car is pre 2007.

Worked Perfect. :spin:

2005 outback with factory underseat sub

LOTS OF SUBIE BUCKS!!! KING OF PARTS TOOK THEM AND HAD THE BEST PRICES

2007 spec B radio (bolt in hook up) # 86201AG67A

2007 sirius tuner (bolt in hook up) # H621SXA100

Radio Shack Sirius Antenna (hooks right up) Radio Shack 1200156 Accurian 12-156 (Because this antenna is outside the car reception is perfect)

ENJOY:spin:

Edited by Scooby2.5

• 3 months later...

I treid to put in an AUX cable today using new pins (so I can keep steering wheel controls) but the pins I tried to use didn't work. I tried using molex pins from a standard computer power cable. Too big. Anyone know where I can get some pins that would fit the bill?

I guess I'll go back to radioshack and try to find something.

I used those exact pins and they worked perfectly, but I ONLY did AUX - No steering wheel controls on the 05's

anyone know how to get the aux in working? I bought the factory plug that was in the arm rest now I just need to run wires and hook it up to the radio

Just wanted to cross post an FYI that I have upgraded my '06 2.5i head unit to an '07 head unit and wired in an auxillary input if anyone wants information on the upgrade.

Here is my original thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87887

I was lucky and I got an '07 head unit for free and because it was salvaged all of the old connectors were on it (wires were just cut from the car) and I was able to salvage these to hook up my auxillary input wires.

Is it still possible to get this head unit anymore? I've tried searching some of the parts sites for the part# given in this thread, but haven't been able to find a listing any where.

From Post #148:

Just to let everyone know. Tristan said there were only five of these radios left in the states and he had a hard time getting one for me. He told me it may be the last new one anyone can purchase. Now there are 4 left.

The reason seems to be they need them for warranty repairs and such.

It doesnt seem like they are making them anymore.